freeflycracker

Store clerk shoots robber

What is wrong with our culture???

You just answered yourself...
He should have completely emptied his magazine into that guy. If he was still moving after that, he should have picked up a bat and caved his head in. That guy threatened his life with a pistol. He deserved to die

By the way, i think it is fake.

What, he should have given the guy a second chance to shoot him? WTF?????
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

He should have completely emptied his magazine into that guy. If he was still moving after that, he should have picked up a bat and caved his head in. That guy threatened his life with a pistol. He deserved to die

Gee, Mike. Didn't they teach you in school how to play nice and how everything in life has to be fair?

I think you are right and I'll have to correct my first impression. Whatever it is, this video is not going to improve my opinion. :S
[:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Gee, Mike. Didn't they teach you in school how to play nice and how everything in life has to be fair?

Nope, I guess not!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I got a feeling this clerk is going to have some legal problems, though. The first shot he fired hit the robber and took him down. He then fires 2 more shots while the guy is on the ground apparently posing no more threat.

Those were my thoughts. Loking at it a second time, the robber was shot. He loses his gun.

Then, the clerk approached to the robber's left. At about 19:35:21 the robber reaches with his right hand for his gun and retrieves it. At the 19:35:24-25 mark, you see the robber apparently point his gun at the clerk to get a shot off. At 19:35:26 clerk fires again. This may still be self-defense.

On the third shot, however, you can see the robber's right hand with the gun on the ground, not pointing towards the clerk. The clerk finished him off.

Whether the second shot was defensive due to clerk's duty to retreat depends on the state law. But the third looks like it may make a homicide.

I think the clerk better just hope to go before a jury.

The jury at an independant film festival??? I suspect this was clerks gone bored.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I'd say the stupid idiot picked the wrong store to rob.

The third shot might have been overkill, but with the rack of clothes blocking the view, we can't really know for sure. The way the clerk was aiming the gun on the 2nd and 3rd shots seemed cocky. I dunno... but moving the body was a no-no though. Maybe the clerk just didn't understand protocol... but he sure lucked out not getting hit.

Bottom line, robber makes fatal mistake, clerk wins. Good enough for me.

Birmingham, AL has had quite a few attempted robberies of convenience stores go wrong over the years where the clerk shot the bastard.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've got an old friend that worked at a local general store. It was the perfect job for a arthritis ridden veteran like him.
One day, this guy walked into the store and stuck a gun in my friends face demanding money. When the perp swung his gun towards a customer that was approaching the counter unaware of what was going on, my friend calmly grabbed his SW357 and put two in the robbers chest ensuring that he would never threaten the lives innocent of law abiding citizens again.
The statement made by the customer corroborated by the video tape resulted in the cops simply taking a report and going about their day. The cops were totally cool with it.
Sometimes ,not always, but some times, justice is swift

It's obviously staged. Look at the operatic way the dude does the coup de grace.

And where's the blood? There should have been a mess.

The music track and the clothing rack were obvious masks for phoniness.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Im saying nice job. You?

I think the clerk is a dumbass.

I don't hear audio, maybe he could have just handed the guy money...But the guy could have just killed him after he handed him the money....So since I was not there he made a choice and I respect that.

But the bad guy was using a CLOTHES RACK as cover?!?!?!?

Why not just shoot him through instead of playing the pop up game?

Dumbass.

Now as for the rest of this...

A guy walks in with a gun and threatens you with it...You have a gun and shoot him after a SHOOTOUT...Should have been like one shot through the rack...Dumbass.

You hit him, and then YOU USE THE CLOTHES RACK as cover to close the distance?!?!?!? Dumbass.

The bad guy is not down and reaches for the gun again, and you pop him two more times.

I call good shoot.

Reasons?

Well he *could* have fled after the first shot landed...Not a good idea. You have no idea how wounded this guy is and he is still armed....so he is still a threat.

As for popping him twice.....He might have dropped the gun after the first round, but he did just try to kill you. We call it "controled pairs"...I'd recomend anyone that felt justified pulling the trigger once to pull it twice.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I got a feeling this clerk is going to have some legal problems, though. The first shot he fired hit the robber and took him down. He then fires 2 more shots while the guy is on the ground apparently posing no more threat.

I was taught 2 shots center mass then 1 more if he's still moving. Once is not enough, usually.
For my part, I know nothing with any certainty,
But the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh

Yup, me too. How was it that the guy was behind the rack of clothes and we didn't see much of what was really going on once the guy was shot? Good staging where they didn't have to add blood to make it look real. Those that believe it's really happened are going to see blood in their mind's eye.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Those that believe it's really happened are going to see blood in their mind's eye.

I can't tell if it is staged or not from the video, but I don't think any of the reasons people have listed so far are good indications of a fake.

People who have seen gunshot wounds will tell you that they don't bleed like the movies. I've seen a few fresh ones in the ER that weren't bleeding at all. Especially if the guy is wearing a thick-ish jacket like he appears to be... any blood would have to soak through that before getting on the floor. It is possible that if this is indeed real, there wasn't any blood right away.

Now as for shooting him 2 times at the end, the 2nd shot seems legit since the guy appears to pick up the gun again. The last shot may be disputed, but it still seems like he's got his hand on the gun. As for the clerk shooting like a G, who knows...
Oh, hello again!

Hey, it does look badly play acted, but anyone who expects things to look like the movies has obviously spent too much time in front of a screen.

It could be fake, but I'm not going to say I think it is. If ti was acted, it was done poorly. If it was real, good for the shooter and I hope the law (and lawsuits) come down in his favor.

There are a few points to make me think it might not be real:
- the muzzle flashes don't look right (I've seen security footage of real events)
odd, but hardly proves lack of authenticity

- the clerk seems to go from "take that MFer" to "oh shit what just happened" a little too quickly
possible, but it just seems wrong

- he seems to give a "what now, MoFo" to the shooter before the third shot. Most buglars have enough survival instinct to sit still and shut up after being hit twice when a guy with a gun is standing over them, not reach for it again. (reaching didn't work last time, now did it?)

All in all, might be real, might not, and DILLIGAF? :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Okay, it's been a coupla days now, and we've all had our fun, so here are a some OBVIOUS give-aways for this HOAX:

1. The footage is in COLOR. This is almost NEVER DONE with security footage in order to conserve bandwidth and thus tape space. In addition, it is far more important to obtain maximum contrast and detail, so plain ol' B&W is the format of choice.

2. The time stamp is in the middle of the frame. Every security rig I have EVER seen puts the time stamp in a CORNER, not in the middle. Don't buy it? Just watch any of those "police chase" "stupid criminals", or "caught on camera" vids on SpikeTV or Fox.

3. The angle is low. Surveillance cams are normally up on the ceiling so that they can have a...

4. Field of View. Looks like standard consumer camera field, and the edges aren't bent or distorted like a wide-angle surveillance camera would be.

Face it, boyz & grrlz, this is utterly BOGUS. Clever and cute, but BOGUS.

C'mon, Billvon! Don't tell me you let this ride without comment! Why? Did you just want to see how many people would take the bait? >:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

More evidence its fake.

1) The shot that gets the "bad guy" has no muzzle flash.

2) The recoil on the guns is fake by the respective shooters when compare to the muzzle flashes that are there.

3) If had been shot, by the time the guy gets to draggin him, you'd think there would be blood
a) on the front of the dead guys clothes
b) or if the round penetrated right on through, then on the ground in a trail.

And if he was smart enough to move the body, he's smart enough to go for the video.:P