SkyDekker

Marine general claims it is fun to kill

scary :S this guy is a US Marine General....:|[:/]:S

According to an audio recording, he said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot . . . It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you. I like brawling."

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

From: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/02/04/marine_general_says_its_fun_to_shoot_some_in_combat/ among many other places....

***According to an audio recording, he said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot . . . It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you. I like brawling."
He added, "... it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

After quotes like that, I'm thinking his career is about to end.

Nice America bash, but every culture has their extremists.

At least he wasn't describing how much fun it would be to slowly saw someone's head off on video, or how cool it would be to drive a car full of explosives into a crowded Iraqi wedding.

Our extremists are lame compared to the opposition.

. . =(_8^(1)

***According to an audio recording, he said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot . . . It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you. I like brawling."
He added, "... it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

After quotes like that, I'm thinking his career is about to end.

My first thought was that I am envious of someone who gets enjoys his job, and gets satisfaction from it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

His actual quote:

"Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling. You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Men [sic] who slap women around like that should be shot.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Rest assured, if it had been a Canadian General, I would have specified that too.....

But then everyone would have laughed...:P

Ok, seriously, though.

What's the guy's job? What has that guy's job been for the last 30 years?

Killing people and leading other people to kill people.

IF you would have quoted the REST of what he said you'll see he's talking about the Afgan men that had been abusing women for the past number of years and now fighting against the US with terror (i.e. Taliban).

Basically he said its fun to shoot men that treat their women like that.

No go away and read the rest of the article, try a couple of different sources too.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

According to an audio recording, he said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot . . . It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you. I like brawling."

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

From: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/02/04/marine_general_says_its_fun_to_shoot_some_in_combat/ among many other places....

Actually sounds to me like just the right man for the job. I don't think we should have started the fight but if your going to be fighting, it's good to have people that enjoy the work.
illegible usually

He's just saying out loud what a lot of them think, I'll bet. Should probably just be a little more discreet.

Correct. He should have stated something to the effect of, "Empirical studies and tremendous amounts of anecdotal evidence show the "combat high" is very real. In a sense, killing is fun. The job of the leadership is to ensure that killing is kept within the rules."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Correct. He should have stated something to the effect of, "Empirical studies and tremendous amounts of anecdotal evidence show the "combat high" is very real. In a sense, killing is fun. The job of the leadership is to ensure that killing is kept within the rules."

I count only 5 $50 words. You're slacking, your lawyer buddies would be ashamed to not see atleast 8 $50 words.

:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'd hope that while killing is part of their job, our soldiers would never consider it "fun" no matter how justified.

A sense of justification I can understand....fun, I cannot.

No matter what the circumstances I cannot possibly understand the idea of finding pleasure killing another human being. Like I said, a sense of justification or rightousness, yes - fun, no.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Ok, seriously, though.

What's the guy's job? What has that guy's job been for the last 30 years?

Killing people and leading other people to kill people

Large part of my job is firing people....doesn't mean I would describe it as fun. When I am about to arrest a highly combative person, I get a great adrenaline dump, which results in a high, doesn't mean I think it is fun to arrest people. And these things are not even on the same playing field as killing.

IF you would have quoted the REST of what he said you'll see he's talking about the Afgan men that had been abusing women for the past number of years and now fighting against the US with terror (i.e. Taliban).

He is judge, jury and executioner? He personally witnissed these things for every man he killed? Not saying it didin't happen, but it sounds more like personal justification in this case.

Guess I am in the minority of people on here who thinks it is worrysome that some one would enjoy killing another person.

Now go away and think ;)

I think he said it was fun to shoot them. I don't know if he really meant that he liked to kill....heh. I can think of one person in particular that I might find it fun to shoot....

I'd hope that while killing is part of their job, our soldiers would never consider it "fun" no matter how justified.

A sense of justification I can understand....fun, I cannot.

No matter what the circumstances I cannot possibly understand the idea of finding pleasure killing another human being. Like I said, a sense of justification or rightousness, yes - fun, no.

Blues,
Ian

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I think he said it was fun to shoot them. I don't know if he really meant that he liked to kill

I am pretty sure they are taught to shoot to kill, or maybe unlike police officers, they are taught to shoot them in the leg, or maybe even shoot the gun from their hands.

The man is a Marine and as others have said, he's paid to do what he does. He spoke the truth. A lot of people don't want to hear the types of things he said... it's war! He's doing his job... what he swore he would do when he joined the Marines. I think, he's got some big cajones to stand-up and say what he did. B| I'd hate to think he's over there trying to stuff daisies down the rifle barrels of the enemy.:D

Chuck

I saw excerpts from the guy's speech on TV, but I haven't seen the whole speech to put in context. I think it was a politically risky thing to say, at the same time, I'm glad he feels that way about the job we have asked him to do for us. Some of the biggest detractors of the guy are going to be the same people that want "protection" from everything in the world. I remember another general who kept shooting his mouth off. It was General Patton, and he did the best job of anyone to help win WWII.