rhino

Unbelievable for everyone involved. Truly saddening... <frown>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/middle_east_shooting_in_tal_afar/html/1.stm :(

What is sad is our troops had no choice. 5 kids now with no parents.. Watched them gunned down and will never understand why. Not to mention our troops have to live with this.. I'm not sure that I could live with myself after seeing this. My heart goes out to our troops doing their best in the worst of conditions and those poor Iraqi children. God bless them all... :(

Rhino

Yep this is tragic, but I know why this happens.

It happens because illegal combatants drive up to checkpoints disguised as civilians and detonate explosives killing and maiming our troops.

It's tragic that our soldiers must use extreme caution and resort to measures like shooting the occupants of an approaching car in a split second decision between life and death.

Yep this is tragic, but I know why this happens.

Could it be because you started an illegal war and are ocupying what it was before a sovereign country?

It happens because illegal combatants drive up to checkpoints disguised as civilians and detonate explosives killing and maiming our troops.

So now it is their fault. Since some insurgents have disguised as civilians before everything goes, right?
So the U.S call it covert operations, but if someone else does it, it is called terrorism.

It's tragic that our soldiers must use extreme caution and resort to measures like shooting the occupants of an approaching car in a split second decision between life and death.

No, it is tragic to be an orphan at 6, it is tragic that a teenager has to take care by himself/herself of 6 younger brothers/sisters. It is tragic that some people will label this as collateral damage and move on till the next innocent dies.

Congratulations, you just got 7 more potential terrorist. Everything would be so much easier if you guys stopped helping Al-quaeda.

You're very confused about covert ops.

Since our enemy has repeatedly committed war crimes (that you preffer to ignore or even justify) to attack our troops, I don't expect any man to stand at a checkpoint for me and let anyone drive up ignoring commands to halt.

That would be an unreasonable expectation and would lead to many casualties, and inevitably result in American orphans that are just as tragic as Iraqi orphans when it comes to missing their parents.

that is insane. why the fuck would anyone with 5 kids in their car even attempt to drive through a checkpoint without stopping?

Yea frustrating and unbelievable, but if you drove down your highstreet tomorrow and some troops with guns shone spotlights on your car and started gesturing at you what would you do? Let's say you watch al Jazeera and are scared by the propaganda or maybe you think they're insurgents.

Stressed people don't have an understanding of the dangers of not stopping for guys with assault rifles.

Could it be because you started an illegal war and are ocupying what it was before a sovereign country?

Why is it people with big mouths never reveal who they are? You look to me like one of those people on those videos PROUD of what you stand for yet wearing a black mask so you won't be held accountable or so that no one knows it is you.

Take off your mask then talk your load of crap.

Sgt. Cowan, U.S. Marines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is insane. why the fuck would anyone with 5 kids in their car even attempt to drive through a checkpoint without stopping?

It sucks... Thankfully those soldiers can shoot and directed the fire well at the people in the front instead of pulverising the whole car.. Well done all things considered. They controlled their fire under heavy stress...

Could it be because of the lack of security and the common Iraqi is afraid of being kidnapped or robbed, they chose not to stop. It also looked a little dark in those pictures, so how could the family confirm it was a US check point.

It is easy to say they should have stopped from your point of view, but not from the family's point of view. The current procedure of shooting at whoever doesn't stop maybe just fine for the US military, but given how many Iraqis are being killed by insurgents, criminals and terrorists I'm not sure they had much of a choice.
Spaceland Directe

these bastards do that in order to provoke shootings of the children,

You cann't possibly really belive that can you ?
NO ONE would put their own kids in that kind of danger. It' really easy in our nice comfortable lives to over simplify stuff in these terrorfying places.
It was scarry out there before the invasion and it hasn't got a whole lot better yet.

IMHO (for what it's worth!) the most likely reason for not stopping was because they were scared. From the photos it appears that it was dark. If someone started shooting at you .. would you ..
(a) Stop and ask what the problem was
(b) Put your foot down and try to get away pronto

I know which I'd go for.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Why is it people with big mouths never reveal who they are? You look to me like one of those people on those videos PROUD of what you stand for yet wearing a black mask so you won't be held accountable or so that no one knows it is you.

Take off your mask then talk your load of crap.

Sgt. Cowan, U.S. Marines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we need to ignore "botellines" until he/she reveals who/what he/she is. what do you think?

Why is it people with big mouths never reveal who they are?

Why do you ask? have you seen what happened to Phillykev and got some ideas? I deleted my profile just a week ago. After seeing how canuckinUSA and PhillyKev had mayor problems with their jobs due to some assholes around here, and being threatened to be shooted by a right winged poster.
I am just learning from other people mistakes, by the way, why do you want to find out who i am? again, do you have something in mind?

You look to me like one of those people on those videos PROUD of what you stand for yet wearing a black mask so you won't be held accountable or so that no one knows it is you.

Are you implying anything? I mean, most videos that match your description include terrorist on them. Don hide behind your rhetoric, speak clearly.

Looks like most of them are moving to Spain.

Yes, my friend. It looks like the tour has been New york, Madrid so far, who do you think will be the next?

The ETA needs more recruits.

Yes they do, weird how ETA are at its lowest without carpet bombing the whole Basque country. need any tips?

I think we need to ignore "botellines" until he/she reveals who/what he/she is. what do you think?

You are free to ignore anyone who oppose your point of view for anytime you want. Rest assured i will sleep as well as always.
By all means feel free to ignore my posts until you come back with some arguments to invalidate the post instead of the poster.

"Looks like most of them are moving to Spain."
---------------
The fools, the Spanish have a much better conviction rate for terrorist offences.
---------------
"Damn the truth hurts doesn't it"
---------------
Indeed.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

NO ONE would put their own kids in that kind of danger. It' really easy in our nice comfortable lives to over simplify stuff in these terrorfying places.

I have friends in NI (not IRA or anything paramilitary) that when they were teenagers used to play chicken with the British army roadblocks in their cars, just because they were bored and the army presence there pissed them off so much.

I can't imagine people doing that with their own children in the car though. The panicing because they thought the road block was insurgents sounds likliest to me.

Maybe the kids will shed some light on this at some point.

You look to me like one of those people on those videos PROUD of what you stand for yet wearing a black mask so you won't be held accountable or so that no one knows it is you.

Are you implying anything? I mean, most videos that match your description include terrorist on them. Don hide behind your rhetoric, speak clearly.

Or he could be implying that you're like those little "Anarchy Kiddies" that we see at all the "peace" protests. They're usually the loudest, most aggressive, but they're afraid to show their faces. It's kind of a silly little left-wing phenomenon here in the US.

I'm not comparing you to them or anyone, but hopefully you'll see that there is another option than assuming that he's calling you a terrorist.
Oh, hello again!

What a fucked up situation. The American troops on the ground don't want to get blown up by a suicide bomber, can you blame them? The locals don't know who to trust, can't blame them for that either. The soldiers involved in this incident reacted correctly.

But nothing we say here is going to matter to the boy in this picture :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/middle_east_shooting_in_tal_afar/html/4.stm

Take a good look at that scared little boy on the right standing with his back against the wall. He just watched his parents killed. Take a look at him. Yes, the parents should've avoided traveling at night, yes they should've stopped at the check-point. But none of that matters to those kids. Look at those photos again and then try and understand why rhino said : 'Unbelievable for everyone involved. Truly saddening'.

You people on both sides of the argument who try to use stuff like this to bang your political drums louder make me sick.

Will

PS imagine a whuffo criticizing a skydiver's reasons for cutting away, that is what I think when I see some posts criticizing soldiers/police for whatever.

It sucks... Thankfully those soldiers can shoot and directed the fire well at the people in the front instead of pulverising the whole car.. Well done all things considered. They controlled their fire under heavy stress...

Thankfully they only killed the parents just in front of kids' eyes. Professionals, well done ? All things considered?
What a subterraneous bad joke.
B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105