bigway

Fat America..fattest nation in the world!

skinke pizza

Stop teasing!>:(
Royale with cheese?:S Oh yeah, because of the metric system, right?:)
Let's move on to foot massage now...>:(

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

yeah i have noticed, i think it is because you have a massive drinking and pub food culture maybe. I sometimes work as a chef while staying in the uk, and all the pub food is microwaved food. I have worked in many pubs while here and all the food comes from brake brothers. The places i have worked with fresh food seem alot more expensive than your average pub. Do you think it is all the pub food that might be doing it here in the uk? beer and food? i mean you do have a massive pub culture in this country.

People and physiology haven't changed, but lifestyle certainly has.

People still eat and drink as though they worked at manual labor all day, whereas they're sedentary with desk jobs, then they go home to the sofa.

I don't want a physical labor job, but I do use my Nordic Track at least 2x / wk - more now, because the XC ski season is almost here.

I've cut down on brew, and I don't eat at McD's, but I'm still about 20 lbs more than I should be.

I'm still not physically active enough.

mh

I thought American Samoa came out top of the UN study.

Don't you think a nation of 55,000 is a bit too small to really think about? That's less than the population of a large American university in the middle of the day.

55,000 - It's a much bigger sample than Gallup uses. Or Nielsen for the TV ratings.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, the nation has 55K people, but what was the sample group they took of that country?

Did they measure all 55K.....

I am just happy the US isn't the fattest. Not that we don't have a weight issue. But like someone else said, it is a society issue..... Less physical work, more sitting behind a desk and working 40-60hrs/wk ....

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I thought American Samoa came out top of the UN study.

Don't you think a nation of 55,000 is a bit too small to really think about? That's less than the population of a large American university in the middle of the day.

55,000 - It's a much bigger sample than Gallup uses. Or Nielsen for the TV ratings.

Sample size is not a factor here. Sampling is used to estimate a larger population. It says nothing about the relevence of that population.