ChileRelleno

Religion, who, what and how do you believe/practice

Now I know this doesn't cover all religions and beliefs but tough cookies thats what the "Other" option is for.

I'm curious as to Who/What my fellow jumpers believe in when it comes to religion and how they practice/worship.

To let you know a little about my personal beliefs.....
Born and raised Roman Catholic, Catholic school K-4th (taught by Nuns and yes it was totally stereotypical.)
Family after divorce went less- active and investigated other denominations on occasion.
During teenage years I went from one end of the spectrum to the other of christian beliefs and then pretty much settled on that I believed in God but wanted nothing to do with organized religion in any form.
Converted by girlfriend (now Wife;)) to LDS (Mormon). the LDS "Twelve articles of Faith" were instrumental in changing/opening my self back to spiritualality.

I'm currently a work in progress, I try to follow the commandments and Christ's teachings but I'm only human and weak, my biggest downfall is my tendency to use foul/vulgar language:$

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Unfortunately i firmly believe that we are highly evolved animals, at least highly evolved most of the time, if you know what i mean.
I say unfortunate because very religious people have an unique way to deal with big disgraces that seem to work better than the non religious type. But i cannot fool myself into believing that something else exists when everything points to a darwinistic evolution.

I guess I can be catorized as being "Non-Demoninational having strickly a Protestant background with a Baptist "flavor" lol. I've had some formal study of Theology. The foundation upon which I believe is Jesus Christ.

I have my beliefs based upon many years of personal study, and I do not participate in any form of organized religion.

I'm currently a work in progress, I try to follow the commandments and Christ's teachings but I'm only human and weak, my biggest downfall is my tendency to use foul/vulgar language:$

Fuck that.

We're meat that thinks, period. When we're gone, we're gone. Try to have fun on the ride, because once it's over, you return your constituent elements to the system.

If there is one "religious" tenet to live by, then it's the Wiccan rede.

"Be it harm none, do what thou wilst shall be the whole of the law"

Pretty much sums it all up don't you think ?

I go to church; a very small combination of UCC and Presbyterian. I choose to believe, and I choose to believe that this life is our chance to live it as well as possible -- that's all I have.

I believe strongly in 1 Corinthians 13:13: "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." Mainly because I'm in charge of how much I love; I'm in charge of the others, too, but the criteria for faith are so fought-over that I don't want to nitpick in them.

Having love as the greatest makes it clear to me that this life is important to us in the grander scheme of things. So I might as well take it with respect, and give others' lives respect.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Let's see...was baptized Catholic as a baby, "converted" to Baptist when I was 7 and went to Baptist school for 5 years, became a non-practicing Baptist, went to a non-denominational church for awhile, and am currently a non-practicing Christian (i.e. don't go to church).
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Amazing how that just randomly happened, ain't it? :)

You have a fairly misguided notion of darwinistic evolution if you think it just happened randomly, or more to the point, if you think that's what darwininian evolution is about.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Me? I went to Catholic School 1-6, 7-8 was public Jr High, High School was a college prep seminary and College was a seminary as well. Yup, I studied to be a priest - quite a few on here already know that.

That much exposure to religion, studies and exposure to other religions and the politics and anger associated with them has led me to believe that religion is the bane of humanity.

This doesn't mean that faith and hoping in a better place is wrong - but organized religion leads us down very dark roads in history.

Is there a supreme being? How the hell do I know, I can barely balance my checkbook some weeks.

I don't practice any religion at this point in my life. I am open to inspiration if such a thing came into my life, but it isn't happening.

I go to church; a very small combination of UCC and Presbyterian. I choose to believe, and I choose to believe that this life is our chance to live it as well as possible -- that's all I have.

I believe strongly in 1 Corinthians 13:13: "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." Mainly because I'm in charge of how much I love; I'm in charge of the others, too, but the criteria for faith are so fought-over that I don't want to nitpick in them.

Having love as the greatest makes it clear to me that this life is important to us in the grander scheme of things. So I might as well take it with respect, and give others' lives respect.

Wendy W.

Not within the character of my past persona, but I agree with you..........nicely put........simplifies what is otherwise a complexed subject. :)

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." Mainly because I'm in charge of how much I love; I'm in charge of the others, too, but the criteria for faith are so fought-over that I don't want to nitpick in them.

OK, if I ever meet Wendy I'm not buying her a :D. I giving her a flower.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

By "protestant", do you mean "Episcopalian" or "Anglican"? After all, Methodists, Lutherans and Baptists are all protestant.

Your missing quite a few there Perhaps you should use an etc ..., or you can just say any true Christians that are not Catholic are Protestants. After all Saint Peter the first Pope and was one of the twelve apostles. So historically and factually speaking, the Catholic religion was the first Christian religion. All the others who are truly Christian protested the Catholic religion at one point or another and broke away making their own religion. Hence they are called Protestants.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

We're meat that thinks, period.

Amazing how that just randomly happened, ain't it? :)

Pretty much sums it all up don't you think ?

Nope. [:/]

To order your body into action, your mind must inject some sort of energy into the system; but if the mind isn't part of the physical realm, that input is essentially coming from nowhere,thus violating the law of conservation of energy. (You science types understand what I'm talking about.) Ergo, you don't have a mind separate from the belching, sweating rest of you. You're meat that thinks. Want to argue that ? Then come up with a cogent explanation that doesn't rely on superstition.

As for objection to the Wiccan rede, what's wrong with it ?