Dirtsucks

Music Preference

TripF, I think your granny glasses are getting fogged up a bit

Doesn't anyone but me listen to real rock and roll anymore??

I think all the artists you named fit into the classic rock catagory! (My ears are still ringing from that Stones concert in Detroit back in '82 - or was is '83?)
Frank

I don't know about everyone else, but I love skydiving, like the feeling, and I am going to sound like Velveeta cheese here, but I love it because you can feel it everywhere in your entire body. Music is the same way for me...I couldn't imagine not being able to hear, I'm the freak that if a good song comes on I can close my eyes and dance...I could care less what people thought...which includes almost every type of music...yes country included, you men who write it off haven't had a chick wear nothing but a hat lol yehaw lol...but all seriousness, I think the type of music I like is so diverse...kind of like me and my multiple personalities lol...sometimes I just want to be the little shy school girl and some other times lol
Blue Ones

Tool, Tom Jones, Marilyn Manson, Bootsy Collins, P-Funk, Journey, 6Gig, Rustic Overtones, Lou Rawls, Lou Reed, Kid Rock, Junior Vasquez, Seb Fontaine, DJ Keoki, Monster Magnet, Milli Vanili (the remix album-import), Nick Drake. This is what I have been listening to as of late.
"I'll jump anything!"

Primus, COC, Testament (the new one with Dave Lombardo from Slayer) Slayer (the old stuff before Dave Lombardo left), Megadeth, Beastie Boys, Rage Against The Machine, ABBA (once in a while), Static X, Machine Head, Coroner (Damn, that's good stuff), Mercyful Fate, and Incubus for all that slow dancin stuff.
Thats just the CD's in the ole GTO this week.

Fine, I’m the only person left who still likes def leppard, but did you know that Joe Elliot (DL’s lead singer) is currently voted the number 1 best legs on VH1’s poll? Why should you care? I don’t know. I’m just really bored and feel I just had to defend them somehow. Askmen.com also voted their Hysteria album the number one rock album of all time. Holy crap, I’m getting serious hairspray flashbacks now. I better put in some radiohead or something.
Josh – living in the 80’s (but taking pills for it)

Radiohead, Linkin Park, NIN(my fav), Sublime, U2, Dandy Warhols, Garbage, Deftones, Korn, Enya, McKennit, Filter, Massive Attack and this little NZ gothic babe who calls herself Jordan Reyne that no one else seems to dig(poor girl, at least I have good taste).

well, let me just say that Barry White SUCKS...(no offense intended)
speaking of getting in bed and music, i think Orbital is the way to go! that is awesome to have sex to!
My two all-time *favorite* groups are The Dave Matthews Band and Depeche Mode
just a few of the things that come to mind: techno/electronic-based music - Orbital, Paul Oakenfold, Fatboy Slim, John Digweed, Hybrid, Moby, Ken Ishii, Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Meat Beat Manifesto
The Trainspotting soundtrack (first one)
Godsmack, Disturbed,Tool, Korn, Metallica (all of it), Rage Against the Machine, Deftones, System of a Down, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden (Badmotorfinger)
The Clash, Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Descendents, Offspring, Greenday...
Pink Floyd, Creed, Lenny Kravitz, Rusted Root, 311, The Pixies, Sugarcubes/Bjork, Dido, Macy Gray, Noa, Cocteau Twins, The Cure
I like some new age music, especially if it has an Oriental feel to it, I like to listen to that stuff before I go to sleep
man I have over 300 CDs in my collection! this is too hard!

Ok - I've gotta come clean ... the Beatles are far and away my favorite band. Beyond the classic rock stuff, I also like the Dave Matthews Band, XTC, Vince Gauraldi (he did the Peanuts theme music), Diana Krall (sexy jazz singer), the Fixx, some Joe Jackson, Red Rider... there's more, but I'd have to think too hard - and I did enought of that at work today ... doh!

Hey Freaksis!!!
I agree with you on the house techno. I saw Orbital with Crystal Method & Lo-Fi Allstars in NYC when I was living there. As a rule of thumb you cant go wrong rolling in the sheets with a little house. A couple of other recommended DJs are Junior Vasquez (founder of the original Sound Factory), Danny Teneglia (pick up his Elements disc), DJ Skribble (yeah, it's the jackass from MTV, but this is when he was good) & Anthony Acid (MDMA volume I), anything mixed by Johnny Viscious, and DJ Keoki is pretty good too.
"I'll jump anything!"

Who in the H*** are these groups you guys are naming ? Some of them sound like characters from "Lord of the Rings", or something !!
I guess Iflyme, Triple F, and myself ARE the dinosaurs of these forums......maybe you young whipper-snappers should pay heed to our knowledge -- I mean, we've been around longer, and heard it all, so our opinion SHOULD be the ONLY one that matters !!! (tongue FIRMLY in cheek !)
The PLF Bronchiosaurus

Sis-
Dont' forget about Sasha for techno/trance, etc!!!
Also, I don't know who sings it, but I heard this imported CD someone had in North Carolina, teh entire song is in German except the word "Skydiver." It was quite funny.
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks