zclubber1

Whuffo friends all hate me now

They just don't get it, do they. They're all pissed at me now because I am NEVER around on the weekends anymore. Don't they realize I can't be wasting my time at the beach or in the bar or flying in to visit them. Every weekend moment I spend with them is a moment not jumping!!! I just tell them to drive down to the dropzone if they want to hang out with me. If not, so be it. I mean, what are they crying for. The dz has a bar and a pool. God, they're f'n selfish!!!
Sorry for the unneccesary ramblings, but I just got of the phone with one of them who said, "You can drive an hour to skydive every weekend, but you can't drive down to visit me?!?!" My answer, "I'd drive down to you, but you don't have a plane."
-can't you trip like I do-
Clubber

i now have very few whuffo friends...and the ones who i still have after the last year of skydiving are the "REAL" friends you know? they hardly see me but when i do have to stay here b/c of weather or something they will hang out with me. they just know my priorities and what not. i have dragged my whole family out to the dz...grandparents and all...cousins, aunts etc. my aunt did a newspaper article on the dz in OKLA. once. haha...cool eh.? i haven't converted anyone yet though...they all claim tandems cost too much. SIGH.
anyway, like everyone said, they will get used to it or they will dissapear! have fun skydiving! B|
sis
Before you judge me, take a look at you...

What bothers me is that most of the people who havn't jumped say they want to... "but I don't have enough money". Well if they would quite going to the bar 5 nights a week, and drink at the drop zone instead, then they could easily afford to get through AFF!

If they knew what I knew, they wouldn't be whuffo's. And if they weren't whuffo's they'd be jumping. And if they were jumping, they'd be at the dz. And if they were at the dz, then they's get to hang out with me. It all seems pretty simple if you think about it. :)-can't you trip like I do-
Clubber

I have to balance a lot of family, relative, good (old time) friends and jumpers and staff. It gets pretty crazy, but you can have skydiving and have a really full life too.
Life is short, but at least we get to skydive sometimes!
Make an extra effort to do some whuffo things (on rain day's of course..)
Fly Your Slot !

i agree that you should do some whuffo things on rainy days...your family is a good place to start. i try not to neglect my parents (esp. since they are paying for half of quincy!) the anticipation is killing me. a whole week before i get to jump there. fuck.
sis
Before you judge me, take a look at you...

I made three of my friends and one family member go out and do tandems with me, making sure I exited right before they did...they loved it and even though they returned to their whuffo lives, they have a new respect and no longer ask "so, what are you doing this weekend?" At least they said they could understand why I do it now. Of course, there will always be the ones who won't go at least try it once, but in my case, my whuffo friends who did tandems defend me now to the others!
kiss the sky

We dont need no stinking whuffo friends !

My thoughts exactly! Hell, I work every other weekend.. That means I only get 2 weekends off per month.. If somebody wants to spend time with me on those weekends, they better be at the DZ or plan something at night! When there are no night jumps, that is.. :)Mike

I don't know about you guys, but I actually *like* my whuffo friends, they give me a different view on life compared to skydiving buddies. Life is about variety, well I think so anyway. How would you feel if everybody skydived? I wouldn't like it so much, I like to be different from most other people. Skydiving is another way for me to express that difference, amongst similar people.
So, before you shed all your "whuffo" friends, you might just want to talk to them one day, hell, you might even need them one day....
Skydiving is great, but it isn't the be all and end all - for me anyway.
Reality check here!!
B.

If you were like me a year go, your wuffo friends are probably also sick to death of listening about skydiving, ha ha ha.
Once you really become entrenced in skydiving one day you wake up and realize that all of the people you hang around during the week are skydivers...hahahah
bloo skies
ramon

It just happened again. My friend in Berkeley talked me into flying up there next weekend to visit. My other friend in Santa Ana talked me into going to a barbeque for his Birthday on Sunday. So what is a skydiver to do????
I told the Berkeley guy I couldn't make it because of the birthday thing in Santa Ana, and I told the Santa Ana guy I couldn't make it because I already had tickets to San Francisco. Guess what I'm really doing next weekend?!?!?!? ;)
-can't you trip like I do-
Clubber