Rhonda66

what else do you guys do?

Wow, thats a great site. The photography is awesome! Here's another one to check out if you would like some more "hands on" type things to do. "Refugeerelief.org" Sorry I havent taken the time to figure out how to insert markup yet. I'm just a WAN guy. I dont know all that much about how "real" computers work ...LOL
"I.....am Powdered Toast Man!"-Ren & Stimpy
Clay

You'll love doing that. It was harder than I thought it would be - landing is still a little tough. I guess I was a model airplane wuffo because I thought you could just go down to a field and fly the plane. Well, we have a club right near our house so I did end up getting instruction and quickly found out that it looks easier than it is - kinda like skydiving at first. I flew my plane right at me and my husband last week and that was a little scary, but fortunately it didn't do any damage. Good luck to you - it is a lot of fun though I can see how it can get boring after a while. We're going to Wisconsin in a few weeks to a RC school to get aerobatics training so that should be fun....
Rhonda

Mostly try to jump....most RW, my passion.
Other than that, Snowboarding, Enduro and motocross riding, Supermoto, shot people on my 'puter and generally lazying about.
Oh, and being Swedish, I also drink home made booze, that I of course made myself :P
chris
"but hunny, I'll be away from my chute 5 weeks too..." -chris

Oh, BTW, when you bass fish, do you wear one of these?
LMAO - I saw that post and I was tempted to respond. No, I have yet to have my rowboat or canoe or paddleboat go careening out of control on me nor has a bass attacked me as of yet so I think I'm safe....though I do find fishing almost as exciting as skydiving - nothing like a largemouth slamming a CrazyCrawler on the surface of a flat lake.....
Rhonda

Well if you're not too far from the coast, you might try sailing. There should be a Discover Sailing program near Boston that would take you out to see if you like it. And if you do there are plenty of clubs that are always looking for extra ballast for races.

Thanks all - lots of good ideas. Skydivers are never boring :)
SCUBA is fun - I did it once in Cancun. It might be fun to get SCUBA certified, but I'm sure that once you get into gear and all that, it gets just as expensive as flight lessons or skydiving, right?
Dirt bike riding sounds like fun too.
Does any one ride jet-skies? Are they going to ban them?
Thanks,
Rhonda

Damn, where do you all find the time for all this stuff? You are all more well-rounded than I am. Besides working and skydiving, the rest of my time is spent hanging out with my kids and doing the things that they like to do, or watching them in their sporting events. Oh well, such is the life of a mom, and I wouldn't trade it for a second.
Andrea
"Up high, I feel like I'm alive for the very first time"

That's the key mama - I'm not a mom yet, but I just got married (to another skydiver of course) last weekend so who knows what the future will bring.....I just want to enjoy everything that life has to offer. Up until a few years ago the thought of skydiving never even crossed my mind so I wonder what else there is to do out there that I don't know about...
Rhonda

Skydiving is my passion, but I'm always willing to do most anything outdoors. I'm scuba certified and love riding horses. Water skiing, hiking and such are great too. I'd love to do some aerobatic flying with someone I can trust doing that stuff. Flying in general is where I belong, I just wish I had the funds and brain power to get my licence. I'm better at "doing" things to learn than trying to learn by a book.
SKYDIVING GAVE ME A REASON TO LIVE....

Hey,
In the winter, I ski. I ski alot. Hey infact, there's a picture of me at this addy: http://www.freeskionline.com/libraries/showfilepage/355?offset=5
So yeah.. that's my entire winter of hurting myself.. and in the summer, I hike, camp, climb urban structures like bridges and stuff, streetluge (just built a new board) and as of the beginning of this summer, I skydive!
-Ash

mmm.. lets put it this way: I USED to cycle (did some pretty long trips - up to 7 weeks), I USED to do some climbing, wintercamping, hiking/camping...
Now... mmm... skydiving is pretty much it!
I still do a bit of hiking once in a blue moon...
Since we've moved to Europe, any non-skydiving trip we take is to do some good ole fashion tourism...

I read four or five books a week, I write free-lance articles (I'm working on a skydiving one now, as a matter of fact), I play the cello, I write fiction, I travel as much as I can, I'm a food critic, I'm a Stars and Mavericks fan, I'm a prodigious drinker, I try new things whenever I can.

Heh. That's why I like to do it every now & then. Very calming.
But if you get into hardcore sailing, there's plenty to keep you busy on a boat.

I can't deal with "slow" activities like fishing or sailing. I never have, so when dragged on a sailing trip when I was little, they ran me up the mast in a harness. That was much better. :)Justin
Founder, Whuffo Conversion Team

Does any one ride jet-skies? Are they going to ban them?

First time ever riding jet ski's... my kid and roommate are cruisin around on one, busy lake, Memorial Day weekend, last run of the day, when some drunk dumb&%$ comes outta the marina way too fast on a brand new Skidoo, decides to try to "spray" my kid and friend. Instead of pulling it off and looking cool, he slammed right into them and looked like a real jerk. Tossed my kid into the lake unconcious with a broken arm, messed up my roommate's back, neck and hip, trashed the jetski... Took two years and two lawyers help to get the bills paid... and he insisted that it was all my kid and roomies fault right up until the mediator ruled in our favor.
Needless to say, jet ski's are not something I'm ever likely to play on again - especially if there will be anyone else on the water!
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

I like playing with my three dogs...oh, sorry I mean "kids", and believe it or not, my favorite thing to do when not at the dz is landscaping and gardening. We've been landscaping our whole backyard and it's a ton of work, but it looks really cool. The hardest thing is spending money that I could use for jumps on plants, soil, retaining walls, etc... But I do have a plan for all of those who think I'm crazy spending perfectly good jump $$$ on the house stuff! When we sell this house, we are going to get a new place within 15 or 20 minutes of the DZ instead of an hour. See! It's worth it in the long run. Every time I do landscaping, I just think of how much it will increase our resale value, thus moving me closer to the airport. Yes, I have a problem, and Rhonda, I don't think I do anything that doesn't somehow in a roundabout way relate to skydiving!
those who fear nothing may not live...those who fear everything may never live.

Hey Frank! Did this passion stem from the numerous cases to be bought when you first started jumping??? There may be a lesson to be learned here!
Tee

Good guess, Tee, but not! It began when I started drinking craft beers, and realized that most of what is called "beer" is actually just crappy "malt liquor" ... a "U-Brew" opened up in my neighbourhood a bunch of years back, and after brewing one batch, I realized it was better than every commercial brew available! (I wish I had a few litres of my brew to share with you guys when we were in Kamloops, Tee!)