Snowflake

whatcha jammin too?

In my quest for trivial knowledge I must pose the question to ya'll what music are you jamming too now or like to listen to.
I listen to just about anything except pop. Funk is on the top of my list love the George Clinton the C peppers Fishbone etc... also listen to Dinosaur rock Yes, Led Zep, King Crimson. I like punk Clash, Violent Femmes, Black Flag. "Grunge"(I hate that term.....it was just some straight out rock with a dash of punk) Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Alice In Chains. Classical, Jazz(Miles rules), I guess I like anything that isn't watered down for the masses and that includes country. I'm listining to G Love and Special Sauce right now "Gregs gonna lay down the law" so what do ya'll listen to?
JG

ok i'll play
i listen mostly to punk-rock, old school punk, ska-punk, hardcore-punk, and some reggae
bands like pennywise, rancid, bad religion, anti flag, h2o, sublime, goldfinger, millencolin, less than jake, NOFX, screeching weasel, the vandals, descendents, voodoo glow skulls, reel big fish, dead kennedys
but i'm open to other styles too
Free Skies,
Omri A-38593 :S

Soul Coughing --------- my all time fav.
The Beta Band --------- creeping up on my senses.
Radiohead --------- always hanging around my head
Kramer --------- When I feel sad about my romantic venture.
I like funk.
mad, mad funk.
but I strangely detest some as well.
M. Doughty's solo stuff after soul coughing broke up is probably my favorite acoustic stuff.

For years I was into mellow alternative and modern rock (like...REM, B52's, U2, Toad the wet sprocket, Oingo Boingo, They might be giants)
but after living in NZ for 6 years and only getting the top 40 on the radio...and having a flatmate/cousin who was into the harder shit like PJ, Metallica, Soundgarden...
I am now into the harder stuff...Sum 41, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Alice in Chains, etc. and I still like the mellower shit...Dave Matthews Band, Train, Fuel, Incubus...
then I go through my female vocalists stage sometimes...Sarah McLauglin, Tori Amos, Jewel, Dido, Tracey Chapman, Macy Gray, etc. Not only do they sing well, but they are honeys in concert...I challenge any man to clown me for liking the first 4...cause when you see them...you love 'em too!!!! Hell you don't even have to listen to 'em sing at the concert..I just usually stare and drool!!!!;):D
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke :P
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

I listen to just about everything except polka. I'm weird with music. :)Depeche Mode - 101 - Disc 1
Sarah McLachlan - Mirrorball
Ozzy - The Ozzman Cometh
Motzart - Requiem
Rap - Greatest Oldskool Hitz
Esthero - Breath From Another
Misc CD I made with Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Deftones and Tantric
Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams
Lenny Kravitz - Greatest Hits
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Björk - Home-made mix CD
Dixie Chicks - Fly
Like I said, I'm a musical weirdo.

what's in my stereo ??
Well, I can't believe you guys from the states don't know Ben Harper and the innocent criminals... He's from Claremont and their music rules. Can't describe it you'd have to listen to it...
A part from them lots of old timers such as Led Zep, Jimmy, the Who, the Doors...
Pearl Jam is in there somewhere... Ani Di Franco, tracy Chapman...
Music is good for the soul.
Paddy.
"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

what's in my stereo ??
Well, I can't believe you guys from the states don't know Ben Harper and the innocent criminals... He's from Claremont and their music rules. Can't describe it you'd have to listen to it...
A part from them lots of old timers such as Led Zep, Jimmy, the Who, the Doors...
Pearl Jam is in there somewhere... Ani Di Franco, tracy Chapman...
BOB MARLEY is the king...
Music is good for the soul.
Paddy.
"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Who you kiddin' frenchy?
Ben Harper is a truly amazing musician, and I think it's great that his music hasn't been chewed up and spit out by the MTV-watching, NSYNC-loving, Britney-infatuated masses who turn no-namers into stars for a week and then kick them to the curb with their new-found dope addictions. Damn I'm glad I got that out, much better now. Right now I've got Galactic blaring in my ears. They are one of the funkiest Jazz bands around. If you like heavy-grooved funk w/ horns you must check them out.
"if you don't like my fire, then don't come around, "cause I'm gonna burn one down." - Ben Harper

Ben Harper kicks ass, just heard about Galactic and was told I'd love them. Other names I forgot Spearhead, Bill laswell and his funky gang,Talking Heads, Big Audio Dynamite, Billy Goat, and HairyApesBMX. I could go on but I'm lazy and sure that you wouldn't want to read th whole list. I loves my tunes they keep me going when life has gone to shit
JG

The Beatles
Mostly Classic Rock, but XTC,Dave Matthews Band, Midnight Oil, Tom Cochrane, and Playground Hero have been on the playlist recently. There's the jazz (none of that "lite jazz" shit), too, and even a bunch of classical stuff.

The Beatles
Mostly Classic Rock, but XTC, Dave Matthews Band, Midnight Oil, Tom Cochrane, and Playground Hero have been on the playlist recently. There's the jazz (none of that "lite jazz" shit), too, and even a bunch of classical stuff.
btw, I saw Alice in Chains in a small club about a decade ago, and they just about blew out my eardrums!