mountainman

Computer desktop...what are you like?

So, Brian, looks like you're going to have a big weekend. Let us know how the party goes tonight!

The party was fun. The Hose played, featuring DZ.com's very own FallingMarc on electric guitar. I was only around for an hour and a half before a headache forced me to leave (missed the end of The Hose's set). All in all, definately worth the two bucks.
--
Brian

Hey Ty !
Yeah, you know the old saying -- God looks after drunks, children...and first-jump students !
I can really only remember thinking of two things while trying to choose a spot to set it down --
1) "Okay, here are the options....trees, or 4 lanes of rush-hour traffic, or.....HEY ! How about that nice, soft-looking, unoccupied strip of grass right there ?"
2) " Now, WTF was that he said in the FJC about *crabbing into the wind* ?" :)Don

The party was fun. The Hose played, featuring DZ.com's very own FallingMarc on electric guitar. I was only around for an hour and a half before a headache forced me to leave (missed the end of The Hose's set). All in all, definately worth the two bucks.

I wondered where you wandered off to. The show went off really well, it was probably the best we've played so far... excellent day all around!
Marc
P.S. I'd post my desktop but I'm way too lazy. Analyze THAT! :P

Here is my desktop at work. I have software that rotates the background image daily. It cycles through images of skydiving, scubadiving, hang gliding and a bunch of beautiful landscape scenes.
People with JumpTrack might notice the minimized icon at the bottom of the screen. I'm saving the graphs for my website.
I had to shrink the desktop from actual size of 1152x864 to 800x600 so it could be uploaded.
Justin
My Homepage

NOTE: When I dumped the screen, there happened to be a (small) picture of a naked lady on my desktop. There's a censored version of my screenshot somewhere later in this thread. She sure is cute though...
To celebrate my 100th post, here is as promised a screenshot of my desktop.
I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-release (yeah gotta upgrade I know) and use the blackbox window manager, with my own theme.
The background picture was shot during one of my AFF jumps at Perris this summer. You might recognize the guy in the blue suit on the left from my profile picture (in other words: that's me). The JM on the right is Stuart McArthur.
As you can see, I developed a predilection for Useless Animated Music Visualization Eyecandy Thingies :D
Alphons
http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven

It normally is'nt a problem, but ever since I got this 22 inch monitor, you can see stuff all the way across the building.
I opened the page and imeditaly hit Alt-F4, but alas, too late. The flesh colored tones on the monitor caught more then one glance. Funny thing, I'm the one that blocks these those type of sites from eveyone at work....
A rainy day at the DZ is better then a Sunny day at work

It normally is'nt a problem, but ever since I got this 22 inch monitor, you can see stuff all the way across the building.

Oops! I apologize if I got you into trouble. I didn't really think about it. I suddenly remembered I had to take a screen shot, so I did. I briefly scanned the dump for sensitive information but found none.
Sorry PhreeZone! :$:$
Alphons
http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven