FreeFlyFreaky

WTC Flag Barred at Olympics Opening

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28372-2002Feb5.html
I say the IOC can shove it!
If our athletes are not allowed to carry this flag into the ceremony then they should tell the IOC that America will not attend. Screw the IOC and their petty PC bullshit!
Of course, if our athletes aren't willing to stand up for this then they're a bunch of gutless pussies too.
my $.02
Whit

It's great that the WTC flag is getting a ton of use and respect, that shows quite a bit. However, I would personally like to see a whole, crisp, new looking flag for the ceremonies. That shows the rest of the world that the US is back, better then ever and kicking everyones ass!
If you want to stand up for something, what about the fact that the Superbowl half-time show was by some Irish guys. No offense to people in/from Ireland, infact I've got quite a bit of Irish in me, but why couldn't we have had somebody like Lee Greenwood sing "Proud To Be An American" or Diamond singing "America" or something like that? THAT is what really annoyed me.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

godd song it may be. but isnt greenwood a draft dodger?hypocrit? and i'd proudly stand up...and hide! (maybe my info is wrong. or maybe his punishment is singing that song in front of weveryone while they KNOW he is a hypocrit!
Have fun, LIVE FREE, Skydive
JT

Lee Greenwood sing "Proud To Be An American"

i still get tears in my eyes everytime i hear that song. they played it at the monster truck rally :D i went to last weekend.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

"Nothing more American than a monster truck rally!!!!"
How about going to a Nascar race? Or having Dale Earnhardt's number plastered all over your car? And not to mention a cheap looking slut in your passenger seat.....um...make that on your lap.
"I am a victim of my environment."
Chris

I dunno, I think the Monster Truck thing is more 'Yank' - especially with those 'Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!' commericals. The whole event is staged around big trucks crushing little cars - there is something quite American about that *heh* Especially if viewed in a geo-political light?
Slightly (ok quite) off topic:
Though the whole go fast, turn left, go fast turn left thing with NASCAR fails to excite me - I gotta admit they know how to market it and the drivers generally come across as decent people - compared to CART/F1/IRL etc where the drivers seem rather snobbish and unless you have a degree in advanced automotive engineering, the technology they use in the cars comes across as Star Trek technobabble.
And someone explain to me the point of NASTRUCK? Just kidding *heh*

I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but the technology used to implement that stuff IS actually pretty advanced. That is true with just about any major professional level racing event, be it F1, Kafer Kup, NASCAR, etc.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-