FreeflyPlaymate

being responsible sucks sometimes

I came home from work today only to be disappointed, severley, and it hurts alot. I like so many other friends in this world, loaned out a large amount of money to someone. And honestly, it's never about the money, it's about being let down, being told something and believing in that person and being let down. IF they would have said they could never pay me back I still would have done it, I would have found another job or cut back on spending or jumping, but I still would have done it. Now I had to go borrow money from someone in my own family, and I look bad because I need to pay them back, so what does a girl do? She keeps to her word is what she does, lif is hard in that aspect, but I've come to the conclusion that it would be so much harder to let my own family take a hit for my own decesions. I actually put my brand new rig up for sale, my baby, but the more I looked at it the more I realized skydiving isn't jumping out of planes, it's about living life, and respecting it and being grateful for it, I can do that even if it's for a period of time that I can't jump. This is the first time I've ever handeled something with grace and faith, guess I owe a case right?

Hey, keep your chin up Marissa. It sounds like you are doing the right thing even if it is unpleasant. Also, keep your eyes open. Maybe you or the person who let you down will come up with some cash and you won't have to sell your rig. This is tax rebate season, after all.
Good Luck!
Milo

Marissa,
That sucks! I once lent money to a "friend" who didn't pay me back.. I should have known this guy better, turned out he was a cokehead. >:( Confronted him at his apartment, but of course, he had absolutely nothing of value w/ which to pay me back, so I just went & had him arrested. Never got my $ back though...Oh well, lesson learned....
I'm always willing to help people in any way, as long as it doesn't involve handing them cash.
If I were you Marissa, I'd try to work out some kinda payment plan with this person, even if its only $20 per week. It just doesn't seem right that you'd have to sell your gear.:(
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

So sorry to hear about your disappointment... I hope there's some way - any way - that you can make things work out without selling your gear... having had to do that before I know just how bad it sucks.

She keeps to her word is what she does

Integrity is it's own reward - girl, you rock! :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

It always pay,s to spend "that little bit more" money as a precaution, so that when it's time for the debt to be honoured (U.K.spl), if no cash materializes, then some mofo cycle gang with some crazy plumbing idea,s turn,s up and give,s you that "peace of mind feeling"
:D (but..in a sinister way)

"could i get the cliff's notes version of this??

What's that saying, something about a pot & a kettle & both being black... Hmmmm.
Sorry to hear about your situation Marissa, it does suck to be responsible sometimes, but you gotta do what you gotta do... if that's the kind of person you are, you can't change it.
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

"but i became terribly British about it"
Is that British or Jewish guilt...LMAO....
Funny Jewish comedian I heard on the radio earlier. "My mother went for jury duty. They had to send her home. She was guilty..." :D
"I only have 125 jumps, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

Ms. Marissa, I'm so sorry to hear that someone betrayed your beautiful heart!!! I pray that somehow, someway the money comes your way and you don't have to sell your rig!
We should have a kissing booth or something @ the DZ to make up the money. Yeah, yeah we all know that most skydivers are broke, however the majority are men who are easily swayed by a beautiful woman!!! :) We must capitilize on this~! lol, g p.s. if I can help in any way let me know.