skybytch

bummer

Damn I think something is in the air. A guy at Spaceland was lifeflighted out this morning for toggle hooking to low. :(
Let me add, that is the report I got, he could have just made a toggle turn to low, with the same out come.
Still bad juju for the weekend :(

Update! And it's good news - the good vibes you all sent must've done the trick.
He's going to be okay - possibly a busted up pelvis but no internal injuries. Turns out he's 70 (!) years old! Low pull/Cypres fire, two canopies out, the main in front of the reserve so he didn't want to chop it. Was trying to figure out how to steer it, ended up pulling the wrong toggle and it went into a downplane. You should see where he landed - a few feet to the left or to the right and he'd have been on a roof, a few feet in one direction and he could have easily been impaled on some steel bars.
Jump with a Cypres? Like Seb said, spend some time reviewing what you're gonna do if a) you find yourself low with nothing out and b) you find yourself with two canopies out.
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

It's great news that it wasn't more serious, but I don't think a broken pelvis at 70 years old is exactly a walk in the park.

A broken finger is not exactly a walk in the park either...and I certainly didn't mean to make light of a bad situation, but bottom line is this...he could have died...I'm glad he didn't have anything more serious that what he wound up with...
TripleF
BOOBIES, BOOBIES, BOOBIES, BOOBIES...(Whoops, I said it again...Tee-hee...)

"How about the accident at Spaceland? Anyone heard anything?"
I was at Waller today ... one of the packers there has a sister who packs at Spaceland ... last I heard right before I left the dz ... guy was still in the O.R. ... only detail I got was that he had a problem with the aorta ... so it can't be good ... We're all hoping for the best possible outcome from the surgery.