skybytch

Guys...

Next question - what possible reasons could there be for a guy in the above hypothetical situation to NOT give an answer either way?

Probably one of two reasons:
1> He really isn't that interested to begin with, but doesn't want to say anything to upset you.
2> He doesn't know he's suppose to give you an answer, because the way you asked the question wasn't something a man has the communication skills to pick up on.

Come to Texas me and Skycat will find you somebody.......

Lisa should have no problem finding a new man..........
Relationships shouldn't have to be hard. Sounds like you would have to go too far out of your way this weekend. Have fun & good luck whatever you do...........:)Sebazz............

Lisa should have no problem finding a new man..........

No kidding.. I think she's gotten more offers than Paula did and she showed her boobies!!!
My happiest married friends keep reminding me that when it's right, it won't be "WORK".
One can only hope they're right
Make up your own ending,let me know just how you feel....

i'm sorry, i lag so hard when it comes to keeping up with these posts, but i just saw this and i had to say something...
lisa, i know we have only met once in person, but i feel like i know you for some reason and you are worth so much more tahn anything this stupid situation could provide you with. eewww. that fact that it has been 3 months and you were willing to drive out to nowhereville just for a weekend with him and he was still considering working as an option...ewww. eewww ewww ewwww. cut away girlfriend. you are way better than that. if it was meant to be, let his butt come after you.
this is all easier said than done, i know. but respect the bytch inside and seek out a true match for you. find someone who would do the same for you as you would for them. would this guy drop his project and drive that far for a weekend with you? it doesn't sound like it. mind you, i know nothing about him or what is really going on in this situation...but i do know how much you are worth, and thus, i defend my ranting with that... ;)
now, don't be grossed out by this suggestion, but, if i was single, i would be looking at match.com right now. i have a friend who met her fiance on there and another friend who is going on her first date from it this weekend. i have seen the guys on there when i was helping my friend look, and some of them are worth the effort of an e-mail. the greatest part is, you can set your search to find guys within a certain distance of your zip code. (hint: set the miles to something less than 400. :P) but, if it's not up your alley, i understand...of course, you're adventurous...i could see you giving it a shot.
anyway, lisa, you are a prize, demand one in return.
:)lara

Lisa- Be careful! Been there, done that...bf far away thing. Turns out the whole "you assume he's also not having sex" may not necessarily be true. Actually had the guy look me in the eye and ask if I was, I wasn't, then promise the same to me DURING the act, then go home and f*** someone else. Not saying that's what's going on here at all, I wouldn't know of course, but be careful!
As to the match.com thing...not so crazy an idea :) I met Merrick thru a classified! Both of us had ads cuz we were bored and frustrated with the 'pickings' in our towns...talked thru emails and on the phone for a long time, then finally met and have been together ever since. It can happen! There are fruitloops everywhere, not just online! (for those who are scared of internet meetings)
Good luck!!
Closing pin jewelry

Well...make sure you are communicating exactly what you want. If he is still wishy washy there is probably a reason. It could be that he does want to see you but doesn't want you to drive all that way. It could be he has a hot date this weekend. Who knows. I'm divorced....and haven't been laid in 2 + months....what the hell would I know about relationships!!! :D
"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

agree with earlier posts ... could be he's just not that interested, and his way of letting you know that ... or he already has something else lined up for the weekend ... or ... worst case ... his work means more to him than you do ... also agree with the advice ... cutaway time .. good luck!
about the online stuff ... all I can say is be very cautious .. especially long distance ... I use ICQ a bit (not out looking for women .. to talk to friends and family), and got messaged by someone who I ended up talking to for over a year ... finally she came for a visit, which went quite well ... then I get a letter from her husband ... she'd told me she got divorced 5 years before ... and she knew VERY well from discussions that I'm not the type to screw around with married women ... :(>:(
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

As to the match.com thing...not so crazy an idea :) I met Merrick thru a classified! Both of us had ads cuz we were bored and frustrated with the 'pickings' in our towns...talked thru emails and on the phone for a long time, then finally met and have been together ever since.

Do you have to cuttaway?
I'm in the same situation. My GF moved to Cleveland 8 monthes ago. About 4 monthes ago we decided to see other people. We still talk about weekend road trips. Occaisionally, they've actually happened. She wanted me to head her way last weekend, actually. I went to SDC instead.
Her opinion is that the weekend trips will end if either of us gets laid.
I say why not as long as we're not seeing anyone else ...?
The weird part is the complete lack of closure. We simply haven't been able to decide what event signifies the end of the relationship - or rather the point at which we really are just friends. We don't even know if that event's come and gone yet.
I supose it's a weird situation, but it hasn't stopped me from dating.
Too much information? LOL
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

lisa:
i'm posting this WITHOUT reading the other replies, i'd tell her to do whatever made her day! no one can have someone be willed to do what they really don't want to do, and have them enjoy it!
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

Skybytch,
I guess this is a situation in which you can be somewhat indecisive. In my case cutting away was the easy option, but instead, I kind of let my "cypres" fire; the relationship kinda fizzed out. In my case, the blonde in question lived in Seattle. So, logistically it was pretty difficult unless one of us made the big move. Now how could I leave dropzone heaven??!!
Shark

Im in kind of a similar situation accept maybe fipped around. I was seeing a girl this summer who was staying in town. at the end of summer she went back to school. SInce then she always wants me to come down and see her. But THe weekends i have to save for jumping. SO i dont really get to see her unless she comes up hear. Is it sad to give up sex for jumps. I personally would rather spend a couple days at the DZ then drive all the way down there just for one day of sex. Anybody else out there that would give up sex for skydiving, or am i just crazy.
Blue Skies
Joe
"When they say jump you say how high" RATM

Anybody else out there that would give up sex for skydiving, or am i just crazy.

Not really crazy, I don't date. But then I gave up trying to be a "normal" person a long time ago.
The sky has no expections. It won't judge you or ask you to commit to more than you're ready for. It's just there.