wceviper

When does age difference become an issue?

I am 31 my wife is 51 we have been happily married 7 years never had an argument we met when i was 24 she was 44 shes never had children and dosnt look a day older than 35 she still gets asked for id when we go to clubs or she buys my ciggies if it wasnt for her i wouldnt be a skydiver i started aff when we were still dating she encouraged me through the whole thing and now i spend every weekend at the dz i sleep there sat nights in bunkhouse she dosnt mind shes never jumped never will but says be carefull and have a good time my point is younger chicks still dont really have the security and confidence of an older woman i sometimes meet younger chicks who i think hmmm shes cute id bang her then after 10 mins of talkin to them i realise this chick would drive me nuts,, anyway older women are the way to go they love and appreciate you its like a mother and girlfriend all rolled into one complete package , i wouldnt swap my old lady for anything.. just my 2 cents

it's size that matters, not age.
just kidding! really. really, i'm kidding.
seriously though, it's not the number on your ID, it's your mentality. i have found myself in the last 2 years dating men at least 6 years older than me and up to 14 years older. It's more for the fact that I seem to get along with them better than guys my own age. but that's not a rule... it just depends on each personality.
although, they HAVE to skydive. that's a rule.
(Eric - she's got you in check, man...)
:)lew:S

Just having come from a relationship where I was 7 years younger than the woman in the relationship, I feel very confident in saying this: It's not so much the chronological difference that cannot be worked around. It's all about where each person is in their lives and whether or not they share common interests and goals. For us the problem was that she was prepared to be married and I was not.
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

I've never dated someone younger than me for longer than a month. that was only once, it did not work. it seems to me that about 6-7 years older than me is perfect. every person is different though... to each thier own...
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

BZ is 10 years older than me. His birthday is the week after mine so it's quite exactly 10 years.
My friends have always been a good 5+ years older than me. When I met BZ, I thought he was about 5 years older than me and he thought I was about 7 years younger than him. By the time we discussed age, we were already in love.
Hence, I don't think age matters;).
Much love and blue skies,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

I am 26 and dating a guy who is 37. We get along very well. He has slowed down a bit on the partying and drinking though, and is trying to "help me" do the same. He has been a great influence in my life, and I enjoy being around someone with some maturity (not as much as you think for 37! hehehehe). I don't think I would have liked him five years ago, or vice versa. We do have our problems because of the age thing, but we do very well most of the time. Being that he is 11/12 years older than me, that is the biggest age gap between myself and someone I've dated. I don't go for younger guys really. Until now, I usually liked guys about my own age or up to 5 years older.
Its all a matter of where you are in life...
Sis
Wasting away again in Margaritaville....

Age doesn't matter, that is what I have learned in my wise 22 yrs of living. I have never seen someone younger than I am, they have always been older. In some cases alot older than me. But what makes someone too old? So one person might age before the other...who cares what if you were blind? that's just how I see it anyways. to each his own I guess

Quade, your response reminded me of my ex-wife. When she turned 40, I told her that I was going to trade her in on two twenty year olds.
She told me to consider that I may not be wired for 220 anymore!
G. Jones
"Why don't they have a light bulb that only shines on things that are worth looking at?"

My husband is 7 years younger than me and we've been together 12 years. (Do you math, that makes me pretty old) Anyway, we've always grown together, explored together and had great adventures together. We learned to skydive together. Even though I'm older than he is I don't think I will be slowing down before him. I would never let him get the upper hand like that. Besides most people think he is older than me.
Rhonda