PhillyKev

Pack Like a Pro = waste of money

My fairly new zp is such a pain that I've been using packers. I'd much rather pack myself. So on the advice and reviews of so many others I bought Pack Like a Pro. It was a complete waste of money. If I never knew how to pack, maybe it would be worth it, but it basically just shows how to propack. There's no special tips for new zp, or anything else beyond what watching a couple people pack shows you, or asking someone to show you how to pack. It just shows the basics of how to propack and nothing beyond that. Why do so many people recommend this tape for people having problems handling new zp? It's worthless in that regard.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

AR has the best packing video you will ever see. I purchased one for my wife some time ago. Leave me your address at imr @adelphia.net and I'll send to you.
Blue skies!~
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

A video won't teach you how to pack new ZP. Lots of attention, lots of practice with a rigger looking over your shoulder will.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Depends on the person and what they want to get out of it, I guess - I think it's great for someone who just got thier 'A' and wants a review of PRO packing (which is what I used it for) - as for packing brand new ZP - that's all technique which is gained either by practice or finding a rigger to help you out (or by watching the packers at work).
But yeah, gotta agree with ya - considering the vid has a guy packing a 7 cell that has like a gazillion jumps on it - ain't so good for brand new ZP technique. I think alot of people who are looking for help with new ZP are recently 'A'd and bought thier first rig (and forgot how to pack) - the rest already figured out the tricks on older ZP and just modified them for the newer stuff?

the best advice i have ever been given is to land out in the desert and get a little dust on it. works perfectly.

Yup, a weekend at Eloy did wonders to me being able to get mine int the bag...
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

I haven't seen either video, I'll just keep buying canopies made out of that nice non-slippery ZP until I learn to pack better.
I did try to pack a very new Xaos 108 a while ago, just because I imagined it would be easier to pack due to the smaller size... Hrm, I used expletives I didn't know I knew.. :)--
Come to the dark side

I remember when I first pack my OWN main. a 210 sabre the free bag is for a 190! so it was tight to begin with. then that slippery sonafabitch just wouldn't go in the bag without using a crowbar some vaseline and three friends! now after it has avout 120 jumps on it I am glad to say I became a better packer. it is still slippery and takes all I got to control the damn thing but I KNOW how to treat her. I can pack pretty fast and not feel like I might die on my next jump! thats a good feeling. I cant wait for that thing to really break in( but now I m ready to downsize)
Have fun, Live free, SKYDIVE!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100

the best advice i have ever been given is to land out in the desert and get a little dust on it.

My Xaos 98 was an absolute bitch to pack until I put 20 on it at Eloy. Packs like a babe into a mother's arms since...
-Hixxx
"Woman... Wu -mon... Whoa - man! She stole my heart and my cat"

Remember when packing new a new ZP canopy to lay on that sucker like a cheap hooker, and it doesn't hurt to repeat the line "Yeah bi*ch! Who's your daddy!?" over and over and over until you have beaten the thing into submission, or at least into the D-bag. :D
FallRate

Dude! When it's like 100 degrees out and you're covered with sweat, wrestle with it then! You will lightly "mist" it with saline solution. I have NEVER been so frustrated as when I tried to pack my new Spectre (and I've got twin girls). The one tip that really helped me was to fold the canopy up to the size of the D-bag. Check out this site: http://www.brentfinley.com/packing2.htm
That method works for me.
JP