judedre

Toilet Paper Under Canopy

Oh I can see it now........"DZ.Commers 1st DZ TP day........
Saturday marked the first event of its kind as canopy pilots nationwide filled the skies with reams of toilet paper. Most note worthy was that of "Chromeboy" as he landed with TP stuck in his buttocks........he pleaded innocent to a public display of indecency by reason of sleep deprivation, he claims he was in his office receiving a fax. More on this story as it develops..........
And once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward......

....confetti from your canopy ride over the watching whuffoes is kinda fun.....

What you should do is pack a load in your canopy before putting it in the container, then make sure whuffos are looking at you open (then stall the canopy lots as well) :D I think this would work better at a small DZ.
Wynona's got herself a big brown beaver
and she shows it off to all her friends ....
;)

Most note worthy was that of "Chromeboy" as he landed with TP stuck in his buttocks........he pleaded innocent to a public display of indecency by reason of sleep deprivation, he claims he was in his office receiving a fax. More on this story as it developes..........

Maybe Sangiro will put a story about me in the pub!:)Into the brave new world, I hope I see you on the other side of this strange new world. - Richard Ashcroft

I've never done it myself, but pilots have been known to throw a roll of TP out the window... It'll unroll, like you said. They can turn around and run into it with the prop over and over. It's a game to see how many times you can run back through it. Apparently has no affect on piston engines. Dunno how a turboprop would handle it, but I'd suggest single ply just in case. :)Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com

Definitely, big DZs are too anal about his sort of fun anyway.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure it would go down like a lead balloon (now there's an idea!) at Langar!

Just out of curiosity, why is this in the last bit different then throwing a wind drift indicator, which in some circles still is standard practice before jumping?
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

There's a reason to throw a WDI, we prounce them 'woody' fnuurrk fnuurrk, this is just pure fun,and will prolly drift further too...."before jumping" the issue might be ingestion into a turbine intake. With WDi runs the AC is already in the air, so no risk to the AC.
If somebody sent the turbine tits up due to this, they would be as popular as a turd in a swimming pool.....
I'm still fascinated by the imagery tho...
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Besides,
(IT IS NOT A JOKE) I heard a story from a guy that they took
a stabilizer chute -it is like they use for the tandem jumps- and *attached* a cat to it through it out from
300-400m . As the stabilizer chute looks like a normal round canopy but it is smaller 1m diameter the cat landed safely, although a bit scared.

Ya got me thinking tho....here kitty kitty....

You might want to bandage and tape the cats feet so it can't claw you when you send it out. :)**by the way, I have never thrown a cat out of an airplane, but am guessing it would be a similar reaction to giving one a bath.
--
Come to the dark side