quade

Stolen Gear (how stupid would you have to be?)

World Champions Arizona Airspeed has had 2 of their brand new Stiletto's stolen. The new canopies signified by their distinctive Factory Team colors and the Performance Designs Logo on the bottom skin.
Any help on these 2 canopies would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Performance Designs and or Arizona Airspeed should you have any details that may lend to recovering them.

So, lemme see, this guy steals stuff from Arizona Airspeed and thinks to himself, "hmm, nobody's going to notice when I jump this gear at my DZ."
There are assholes and then there are really stupid assholes.
quade
http://futurecam.com

Get the rope!

No sh*t let me help you out.....
Just another reason to carry your gear with you at all times. Isn't it amazing though at most DZ's I have been to we all just lay our stuff out and no one messes with it. Even at the big ones like Perris. I never swetted someone grabbing my gear. It was prolly a whuff whuff whuffo.............:(
Sebazz........

it's simply amazing how ignorant some people are. surely the people who stole this gear aren't sky divers??!!?? i leave my gear lying around all the time, i'm rethinking that even at this writing.
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

Yeah, Me thinks it's a shtinkin whuffo too.....
a good friend was telling me that a majority of stolen rigs are from idiot whuffo's who see a big bag lying somewhere and just grab n run not knowing what they are stealing....
the INTERNET comes in any color you'd like

**in this case, i would agree 100% with formal muslim law...
LOP BOTH OF THEIR FUCKING HANDS OFF!**
i prefer the "old west" law that was mentioned earlier! they could always get some more hands to steal with, but if they're hung by the kneck until dead, they'll never steal again! all bs aside, i'm just kidding about hanging them, or killing them, but they should be beaten about the head and shoulder area until unconcious!
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

Well heck they keep all their gear out in the open on racks. I have a large locker right next to all their stuff. During some events I have gone as far as to take the red/white/blue gear and throw it in my locker. It is amazing how fast that stuff vanishes.
To the jerks that stole the gear..........return it or 1000 years in the belly of sand worm would not be horrible enough for the likes of you! Bad karma dudes!
If you learn not to expect anything, you don't leave room for disappointment.

Is there a "black market" for skydiving equipment somewhere.....thats the only reason I could see someone stealing these canopies!! either way like was mentioned before how you going to fly such a high profiled canopy without getting causght?
jason

If they are skydivers they can play it smart and claim they found it or that they took it from the real thief and ask for some money for the efforts or tell them "hey they sold it to me for 1000$, and I thought it was legal"
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline

2 years ago, a week before my conversions, my rig was stolen from my home DZ. I was being a good sort and letting a friend (whose rig was being repaired ) use it. My regards to the asshole that stole my rig (I actually think I know who did it...she WILL pay) Y'anyways I wrote a letter in saying that there are some totally big assholes in skydiving and got a free canopy and a discount on my container. Thankyou to Steve Hicks and Parachutes Australia, my rig is soooooo awesome I love it and I love you guys for giving me back my wings. As for asshole theives, how pathetic and selfish are you that you'll steal someone else's passport to the sky?!
As for their stupidity? My rig had "Sydney Skydiving Centre" and "Hilly" embroidered on it. And some dickhead stole Knut Krecker's windblade from the Worlds in 1999. Never under-estimate their stupidity, if they had brains they wouldn't be stealing form skydivers in the first place.

It got mentioned to me last weekend that there is the possibility if you cutaway, for example, that some people might keep the main if they found it first. I asked why a whuffo would do that...what in the world would they do with it?? Car cover was the answer.
Oh my gawd, I'd totally flip if I saw my canopy (or anyone else's for that matter!) on someone's car!! I think I'd have to whoop their a**. Okay, well, I probably couldn't, but I'd damn sure yell a lot!
Necklaces