Viking

Now thats a shattered Femur!!

They're usually self tappers, with an allen key hole as opposed to the usual phillips or normal slot.

[owwww!!] Can you imagine if they used phillips or normal slot screws and the driver slipped [/owwww!!]
Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

my bro has got a few screws in his ankle. when we were kids(teens) we were playing football. two guys went to tackle him in different directions. he tried to jump over them(i worked once and one guy broke his nose.) this time his judgement was off and they shattered his ankle. the important thing is that he DIDNT drop the ball! I was on the 3 year line....he almost made the TD!
I am not jealous of his "bionic ankle'
Have fun, Live free, SKYDIVE!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100

I hope I never become part of that club!

Now, I'm proud to be part of that club....but disappointed that I don't set off metal detectors.....that could be fun. I did have a bit of an omen regarding this once. A couple weeks before I broke my ankle in two, I was at the prison (I was doing some work with moms in prison at the time), and the metal detectors kept going off on my right ankle, but there was nothing there. Removed my shoes and socks, and it kept going off. We all had a good laugh over it. Well....two weeks later, there I was supine on the table..... But I am glad mine's just a little ol' ankle injury and not a femur! I guess I like to go out, but not ALL out!
==8-D
Lindsey
Ya' know Smack-water Jack he bought a shotgun
'cause he was in the mood for a little con-fron-ta-tion

My son recently shattered his wrist when he fell off a ladder. They put in 6 pins and 1 screw. The pins will eventually come out. He jokingly asked the doctor what kind of screw they would use, philips, flat, or countersunk!!!! Now he is working on getting the mobility back so he will be able to play the guitar again!!!!
J

FYI, it is actual metal and it does get cold. I have femured twice. First time hurt like hell, second time I wasin the hospital and out in less than 38 hours.
Definitely get the pin out as soon as you can. If you femur with the pin, it will screw your leg up for life.
Oh, and don't worry about airport security, they can't pick up the internal rod, but they have picked up a plate I have on the outside of my left knee.
The last time I went to Elsinore they actually took me to a room and had me take off my pants and looked at the scar and poked at it.
Later
Bryan

They have been using Titanium rods for broken femurs. Titanium does not set off metal detectors for whatever reason. I had a friend break both femurs on one landing. Guess what?? Right as he went to flair out of a swoop his stearing line snapped right above the keeper. He hit the ground doing 40-50 mph. One of the few times I saw an equipment failure and not human error. But yeah titanium and his rods are still in..........
B|
Hehe huh huh ......... He said "Rod" .......hehe heh huh huh
Sebazz........