Slappie

"Beer Light" related injuries

So what was your "Beer Light" related injury? You all know about me and the "Human Slingshot" AKA : How to ground yourself with a broken collar bone for 3 months!! So now I'm sitting back and dreaming of the freedom I once knew. Wondering how many others have grounded themselves from a "Beer Light" Injury or no jumping related accident. I know I'm not the only one out here who has done this.
My New Website with 24hr Chat

Has i told you in a previous tread, I broke my left shoulder this summer mountain biking, I guess i was a bit blurred after a few beers and blunt and i figured i was part of the jumpin' duo.I tried to jump a log and ended up goin over my handle bars landin' on my shoulder. Broke my hand/nuckles about 3-4 times for some stupid reasons, That's about it.

I cracked my collar bone during a drunken wrestling match in Korea. A friend rode a bike off a 15ft embankment, on the way home from the bar(All of 250 yds) landing on his head, cracking his skull, losing his sense of smell and taste completely! It was winter with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. He was knocked unconcious and came very close to dieing. Good thing the Army guys get up so early for PT. They found him and got him to the hospital. He gets no end of shit to this day!!!!!!!!!! Binju ditches are a very dangerous thing when your drunk!
"and I'm not easily impressed...Ooohh look...a blue car!" -Homer Simpson

Ever seen a bunch of drunks play flamin footie? :)Shoes burn quick
I did fracture my right wrist, left elbow, and right elbow trying to hop a railing at a club in Atlanta when I was 16, after the "Vodka" incident ;)
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
:)

Ok sorry to troll my own post.. But you have got to be kidding me. There is not one person out there who hasn't hurt themselves doing something under the influences of beer or shots after the "Beer Light" has come on? Maybe even accidently hurt someone else or done it on purpose? C'mon I'm not believing this on bit :( make a grounded skydiver happy and lets see some stories of "Stupid Human Tricks" I'm a member of that community!! :D
My New Website with 24hr Chat

We were lucky not to get hurt many times....such as car surfing down the highway (I swear this hood on this boat was as big as my canopy!!!) or playing musical drivers out of the truck windows. (you know....where the driver climbs out the window and people in the cab slide over and the next person resumes driving, the old driver then climbs back in the passenger window and so on....)
Tee :)

I had to take one of my buddies to the hospital last year after a bunch of drunk skydivers thought it would be a good idea to build a human pyrimid in the packing area.....He was toward the bottom of the stack and twisted his knee when the pyrimid tumbled....
"by stitches, cloth, and cord,...a god of the sky for those immortal moments."-Lindbergh

Im immune to the beer light but a buddy at the dz thought it would be funny to try to put the bonfire out with his body. Done after the halloween party dressed as tu-pac in black face and all. He wasnt that bad but when they brought him into the hall I saw his face all black and thought "oh shit he messed himself up good!" All this 4 days before he was to leave for the keys boogie! He's in the air again now, but very carefully.
Johnny

I can't belive I'm posting this but in one night I was jumping off a couch to try and beat a friend to a beer and hit my head on a fast moving ceiling fan(houseboat low ceilings) and later ran into a glass door thinking the door was open.I was drunk enough to keep parting,but the next day I had 2 black eyes.

I was going to mention the guy in the fire incident @ the ranch too, johnny... was the first one that came to mind. that was a great party that night...
I've only gotten mysterious bruises from post-beer-light festivities. most from tripping on the deck.
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

I had forgotten all about this until I just rubbed my chin....
In 1990, after a full day on the dropzone, Rixter Neely and I were piss-drunk, running through the house slam dancing to some old B-52's song (vintage 1979). Rixter had his video on and caught me as I tripped over my own foot, flew through the air, and impacted the hat shelf in my foyer with my chin. Split it WIDE open. It was a mess! To get treated, we put on green flight suits, brown t-shirts and went to the hospital. Said that I busted it open doing building climbing stuff with my team. I smelled like a brewery, but they put seven stitches in me and sent me on my way. I cut myself all the time when shaving because the scar.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

When the beer light comes on that is when I start tending to my injuries. Washing blood off and stuff.
Like when I wanted to be oh so cool and jump barefooted....
Oh hell yes, I got cut real bad, I blamed it on Rabbitt cause he is forever cutting the grass, so I said that a Sharp Blade of Grass did it. Derek busted me in back of Scottys place washing the blood off.
Then that other time, when my hand got caught in the risers and left 3 long fingernail scratches on the right side of my face. Blood in the Risers, lol
http://www.airann.com/risers.html
AirAnn of http://www.AirAnn.com
Multimedia Page: secret link- upper left hand corner

So one time, at band camp......
It was socked it, so we decided to pull a knee-board behind a pick-up truck in the landing area. No serious injuries, just a lot of mud and 'bored skydivers' video.
Then there was the time, like many dropzone's, the winds were high one winter day day in Texas, and we got out the old GIANT ROUND. They rigged some handles to it, and we rode the creepers down the taxiway, with the golf cart following close for good 'bored skydivers' video. I had some nice scrapes and bruises from the Creeper Rides after I biffed. No serious injuries though.
Play Safe! If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.
Fly Your Slot !

How about this one time at the DZ.... it was socked in and they rigged a base canopy up behind a truck and ground launched it and it's owner....now that actually made me nervous, landed fine.
Or this one time at the DZ.....We were climbing the beacon and Brian M. fell off, only bruises and hurt pride.
Or this other time, Susan was dancing on the table and fell off breaking her ankle. =P
Ummm...Paula I think the old wharton gang could write a book on the stupid shit we did.....remember when Chuck was silly enough to bring a xerox machine out to the DZ.....
Kelli

.....remember when Chuck was silly enough to bring a xerox machine out to the DZ.....

and they Xerox'd everyone's breast and we played "guess the breast" ....
I think it's before Kelli time, but one time, at band camp, we all painted our asses and put butt prints on Walt's canopy. Walt went into the craft shop and said " I need a paint that will wash off the body but wont damage nylon."
But no one ever got hurt like Shawn. We were lucky doing bored skydiver shit.
Fly Your Slot !

Or this other time, Susan was dancing on the table and fell off breaking her ankle. =P

Although Susan was dancing on the table because the weather was socked in and she could not skydive. Since the incident happened at the Tavern and not the drop zone, I do not believe this justifies a "skydiving accident" .
Cyndi, help me out here.
Fly Your Slot !