Viking

What Sunglass' do you wear?

I just bought a pair of Oakley Eye Jacket 2.0 but they mess with my peripheral vision really bad so i am gonna take um back and get a pair either Oakley Straight Jackets or Minutes.

So what about you guys?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I would love a pair of Oakley's, as I have owned a pair in the past, and really enjoyed them. But, they fall into that category of an item that I compare the cost against how many jump tix I could buy instead. Hmmm, if I had $120, will that be one pair of oaks, or 5 to 6 jumps?
For now, I have a cheap pair of OPs.:S

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Ray Ban Predator 8 wraps. I skydive in them, ride my Harley in them, and they fit great. They are Golden Knights issue, so I can DX them if they break.

Actually, concerning breakage and warranty stuff, I have never had a problem getting any good sunglasses replaced for free. I wore Revos for quite a while and had three sets replaced after I broke lenses or tore the frames up. I just had a set of my Ray Bans replaced for free after I dropped them and shattered a lens. Outstanding customer service; I got the new ones in four days.

Chuck

LOL...I wear my $10 Wal-Mart specials.

1. I save money.

2. The time it takes me to lose a pair of sunglasses is inversely related to their cost. I ONCE bought a pair of hot-looking Oakleys, and I kid you not, they were lost a week later. Then I bought a slightly less-expensive pair of Guess sunglasses, and they lasted about 2 months. I've had my $10 Wal-Mart specials for over 2 years...see reason #1.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

What I've heard echoes what Chuck said in some ways. If you buy really nice sunglasses and shell out the bucks, you get the service to match. Repairs, replacements, etc.

On the other extreme, I wear el cheapo sunglasses from the local Target. I think they might have been $12-$15. When they break or I lose them, I'll just replace them with something else.

It is the middle ground where you get hosed. You cough up some decent cash for sunglasses, but not enough to get you top-tier service and replacement. Then you end up with semi-expensive disposable shades. :S

oakley c wires and Ray bans.
However on the warranty stuff, I had a pair of ray bans replaced free.
My oakley's are bent a little on the frame, a phone call to them said $29 and they would give them tune up and send them back. Scratched lenes are not covered.

I wear Oakley Minutes, Oakleys are simply the best sunglasses I have ever had, it kinda killed me to spend the money on them because it was my jump money, but I figure it was money well spent

Chris
I thought of the odds of me succeeding, versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead anyway.

I snapped a leg off my Oakley eye jackets. I was told by someone that if I sent them back, with a cover note explaining how they broke and where I bought them ect. they would fix them for free. I tried it and they fitted a new frame to them. I'd had them for 5 years. If you ask any oakley dealer they should have a returns box, with the returns process explained on it.

I've also tried it with an old pair of wire frame Oakleys, using my mothers address this time incase they rumbled me. I "accidently" snapped a leg on them and they replaced the whole, old, scratched bent, frames. I can't fault there customer service in the UK. I would imagine that being a US company, that it would be the same with you guys.

The eye jackets are fine to jump with, I use them inside my Z1 full face.

Tom

Too much is never enough!

All right scud?

I get some neat, heavy-duty mechanics shades from my Snap-On tool guy - about twenty bucks - They're really tough, and fit under my Z-1. I usually keep a pair for a year and by then they're scratched to shit and need replacement - (I pretty much wear shades year-round) And if I do lose'em it's no big dent in the wallet-

Easy Does It