PLFXpert

WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?

1)I've spent almost 20 years on DZ's but only 3 of them skydiving on my own! :D
2)I've been to almost every Australian skydiving Nationals since 1984.
3) The craziest people I know both call me "the Queen of Freaks". One is an acrobatic BASE jumper the other was the first person to do a canopy/FF dock.:S
4)I'm the human embodiment of trouble.:ph34r:
5)I've moved house seven times in less than one year!
6)My first rig was stolen a week before my conversions.[:/]
7) My first canopy was free (see#6) Thankyou Steve Hicks, I love you!
8) I have the only orange-red-purple Talon 2 with "Brat" on it....tee hee hee
9) I'm the only person who went to WPC'99 and didn't get laid (I meant that didn't by choice!)
10) I'm the only skydiver who could've inherited a DZ but won't!:D[:/]
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

1. Virgin

Now that's definately unique for a skydiver!

7. And last but not least i can bend in half and do 150mph on my belly :o

Ummm not unique....Take a FF out with you and do docks, its awesome fun!:D
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I refer to my earlier statement.
Casey Wingate (oz jumper) has a natural arch so extreme you can put your head between her back and her rig, even with the small Telesis on the smallest setting. They had to teach her to stop arching! She does also happen to be the Australian Gymnastic champion for her age group. She can wrap her legs over her shoulders up to her knees.:o
Freestyle gurus, LOOK OUT...the aussies have got yet more upcoming champs....:ph34r:
xj

you can't see it very well in that pic but you could probly slip a hand between my back the rig. However if i tried to jump a telesis on the small setting i would be hunched over in painB| ya there still trying to teach me to fly flat so i can jump with normal people.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

4) I don't watch TV, and therefore exist in a pop-culture vacuum (like, what's the deal with Elvis all of a sudden? Did they find him working on a desert road crew, like in Bloom County?)

nice to know not everyone watches TV - we don't have a TV licence and ppl don't believe us. Anyway last night at a party guys were talking about Britney Spears and my wife had NEVER heard of her. Really funny. Talk about living in a vacuum
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

i used to live In Amite Louisiana thats like 10-15 mins from her house in Kentwood. Also used to go to her dentist. Small world.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

7) My first canopy was free (see#6) Thankyou Steve Hicks, I love you!

ME TOO! My entire first rig and jump suits were free. I'm very, very fortunate. My family is very distant and I knew I had an uncle in some military secret service but I'd never talked to him or met him. When I started jumping, I was going to take a student loan for my rig, cypress, etc. but then I received an anonymous check in the mail for $3,500. My uncle, whom I'd never met, wrote me a letter saying he LOVED jumping in the military and b/c of his job, he felt bad he never had the chance to meet me or do anything an uncle should do and asked that I please accept the check to purchase my rig b/c skydiving was something he never got to do for fun, even though he wanted to. I'm VERY fortunate and now, every time I skydive, I think of my aunt/uncle. I even get/send e-mails to them once in a while.

I got my first suit for free b/c when people send back suits that don't fit, they just kinda sit there. So, the suit maker had me try a bunch on and we found one that fit me pretty good so I took it:P.

I think it all happened b/c I was just MEANT to skydive...ha ha ha ha.

Yea...I was pretty stoked. Like I said, my family is VERY distant and I don't know any of them, we don't even send Christmas cards or celebrate B-days. I don't think I've seen anyone in my family but dad/stepmom, mom/stepdad in 8 years.

I guess my mom keeps in touch w/ my uncle and she called me out of the blue one day and said to be at home around 0-400 b/c I'd be receiving an important call. Ha ha ha. It was my uncle and he asked how much a good rig would cost. I told him you could get a nice, used rig and cypress, helmet, etc. for $3,500 and that's what he sent. He basically bought me my gear for life, b/c I've since, sold my original gear and bought a new javelin container, sabre 135 and reserve (I kept my original cypress) and I didn't have to pay a penny extra than what I made selling my first rig.

Ok, I guess I'll put in my 2 cents, since i hardly ever post, and my therapist says I should be more social...

1) I speak two languages fluently - you could not tell that I'm french
3) I have a master's degree in Sociology
2) I juggled and ate fire for a living for five years and it paid for my college
3) I'm terrified of heights, yet I skydive and rock climb
4) I don't drink - at all. And I skydive.
5) I've been snowboarding for 14 years, since before most people even knew what a snowboard was and we weren't allowed on ski hills.

That's about all I can think of right now.

AWESOME...I had a double bachelor's for a while in communications and sociology. I am graduating in December with my bachelors in Communications and minor in Sociology b/c I'm ready to be done w/ school and I'd need 3 more classes to have my bachelor's in sociology. I know it's only 3 more classes but I'm ready to start my job after graduation and make some GOOD MONEY! That is AWESOME, though. I LOVE sociology!

I know it's only 3 more classes but I'm ready to start my job after graduation and make some GOOD MONEY! That is AWESOME, though. I LOVE sociology!

Er... I hate to dissapoint, but if you wanted good money, you should have gone into engineering! :P I spent two years paying my dues on piece-work contracts before I got a permanent job... But I do enjoy the fact that I get to rock the boat and get paid for it....Appeals to the old street-performer in me...

Speaking of what makes me unique... My boss was ribbing me this morning and he said that I "was extremely competent yet extremely insecure." I thought that fit well...

That's exactly why I'm not bothering w/ the extra 3 classes. I am going into pharmaceutical sales.....TONS OF MONEY!!!!! I love sociology, but it doesn't pay the bills. I knew that a long time ago. I needed a minor and decided if I was going to minor, I might as well double major but at the last minute, I just made it a minor.

I'll be graduating in December w/ a Bachelor's of Science (major in Communications) and my minor in sociology.

1. I speak 2 languages and understand a third ( but don't speak it)
2. I'm the only female skydiver in my club. I'm seen as a one of them guys.
3. I'm very blunt, and expect ppl to be the same with me.
4. I'm very short with a very bad temper, because ppl don't usually take me seriously.
5. I'll try almost anything once. Just for laughs I started playing golf this past weekend and it tested my patience to the last drop.
6. I'm very impatient.
7. I started skydiving to prove to myself that I was still alive and got hooked.
8. I hate tomatoes.
9. I have a very close knit circle of friends and family.
10. I tend to be naive.

Gene Police: "YOU!! Out of the pool, NOW!!!"

4. I'm very short with a very bad temper, because ppl don't usually take me seriously.

Geez, I watched the weather report this morning, but I didn't see anything about a shit storm:P.

8. I hate tomatoes.

Yes, but do you like ketchup? I find most people that don't like straight tomatoes, like ketchup or spagetti sauce and other tomatoe products.

My favorite lesson learned:

When I was little I said I HATED butter and mayonaise. So, for dinner (and my dad never cooks) he made me a grilled cheese sandwich. After I was licking my fingers, he said, "did you like it." I was like, "mmmm,hmmmmm." He said, "then you must not HATE butter and mayonnaise b/c there was butter on the bread and mayonaise on the inside."

Me:
Spent the first 13 years of my life living pretty deep in the country. No phone or cable, just me my parents and my little brother. We had car batteries and generators for electricity.

I love animals in spite of a few bad experiances when i was young. My aunt's dog left a nice little scar by my right eye when i was 3.

Learning is probably my favorite thing it the world, but i hated school from day one.

Things in the sky have always got alot of my attention.

I think about what i say and honor my words.

I believe compassion should be free, but respect should be earned.

I like hights, alot, I would rather be ontop of something then standing on the ground. If i get board at a party i sometimes climb up ontop of something and just watch everyone for a while.

No tattoos, percings, or died hair, and no intentions to change that.

virgin

thats all i can think of right now