JeanJeanie

We Have BOMBED IRAQ!

Funny you won't find it on BBC or CNN yet. Brobably a convenience thing with the Saudi Prince having dinner with Mr Bush. English and US in a joint attack northern and southern targets.....

You can find it here............Hope your spanish is OK........

http://old.clarin.com/ultimo_momento/notas/2002/08/27/m-435575.htm

Aviones estadounidenses y británicos bombardearon el norte y sur de Irak
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

American and British planes bombarded the north and south of Iraq:

American and British planes effected(carried out) two assaults, one of them against the airport of Mosul, to 400 kilometres of Baghdad, and other one on An Nukhayb, to 200 kilometres of the Iraqi capital. " American and British planes of combat threw today in the evening an assault against the airport of Mosul, destroying the system of radar that assures the good performance(discharge) of the takeoffs and landings of the planes " civil, there declared a speaker of the department of Transport in Baghdad. The spokesman added that " the glasses of the zone of loading(shipment) of the airport were destroyed " and told that the airport received the impact of two missiles with a difference of 5 minutes. " This act of aggression and of terrorism contradicts the rules of the International Organization of the Civil Aviation (OACI) ", the organization of the civil aviation that guarantees the air safety ", the spokesman continued, without victims reported if it(he,she) was. Nevertheless, The United States expressed(emitted) a communique in the one that informed that there were two assaults, the first one pointed at a system of anti-aircraft defense in An Nukhayb due to the fact that allied planes had been taken as a target previously, and the second one was against a radar in the airport of Mosul. " In response to recent hostile Iraqi acts against planes of the coalition that were monitoring the zone of air prohibition of the south, holding a permit weapon they did target in a position(place) of DCA's command near An Nukhayb, in the Iraqi south ", it(he,she) added the central military command (Centcom). On his(her,your) part(report), the bombardment of an installation radar in Mosul " it(he,she) was tenth this year " in the north, indicated the speaker of the The Pentagon, the lieutenant Dan Hatlege. The airport of Mosul resumed the air traffic in November, 2000 after an interruption of several years, as consequence of the War of the Gulf (1991). To the end(purpose) of this war, the western allied powers fixed two zones of air exclusion to the north and south of Iraq with the argument of protecting to the Kurdish minorities and chiítas. Since then American and British planes bombard habitually white in these regions. According to Iraq, the air raids Britisher - American caused the death of 1.492 Iraqis from 1991.

--
Hook high, flare on time

:ph34r:Funny the headlines on CNN.COM read

"Bush tells Saudi no decision on Iraq "

Why is our news so much slower than Argentinas????
Convenience?..............
I wonder if the TVs are on at The Ranch in Texas???
Hum, Just wondering?

jeanjeanie
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Actually... we do this all the time. We take out their anti-air equipment in the no fly zones and they replace it then fire a few shots at the planes so we repeat...

Its actually not a bombing... more of an enforcement of the no fly zone...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I'm not laughing!!!............. Well this little "an enforcement of the no fly zone" , in my opinion, was in very bad taste at a very bad time..................

jeanie

Seriously, this happens every few weeks. Iraqi radar lights up a plane on patrol, plane lauches an anti-radar missile. There have been allied planes in the air for ten years, this is nothing new. It has next to nothing to do with our impending politically motivated war on Iraq. It has everything to do with our last politically motivated war on Iraq.

We now return to our previously scheduled discussion...

I STAND TO CORRECT MYSELF!!

I found this clip at the bottom of the article

"Saddam: U.S. threats aimed at Arab world"

>>
Meanwhile, coalition forces Tuesday fired on two Iraqi military sites, according to coalition officials.

In the northern no-fly zone, coalition forces fired on an Iraqi radar site near Mosul, according to U.S. European Command. The attack occurred after Iraqi forces threatened coalition aircraft by illuminating them with a radar system, the command said. All coalition aircraft left the area safely.

In the southern zone, coalition aircraft used precision-guided weapons to target an Iraqi air defense command and control facility near An Nukhayb, about 120 miles southwest of Baghdad, according to officials at the U.S. Central Command. The coalition response came after Iraqi forces had fired anti-aircraft artillery at a patrol over the southern no-fly zone, the officials said.

The coalition says strikes in the no-fly zones are self-defense measures. There was no immediate reaction from Iraq to the attacks. ">>

I would agree, provocation.................

there is more going on in the world then you read in the papers, net, anywhere. this type of thing only gets promoted when things heat up in a hope to gain political favor. looks like the media is doing its job like clockwork!
silent wars....they are still wars. going on all the time.
My photos

My Videos

Probably actually even more frequent then every couple of weeks. We are constantly patrolling the no fly zone and are constantly being illuminated or even shot at. Nothing new, or unusual, or extra aggressive than anything we've been doing for the past 10 years.

"According to the Pentagon ( news - web sites), Tuesday's raids against air defenses in the two zones were the sixth and seventh in just over a week with the total number reaching 32 this year. "

Yes Tony Blair in his argument has a few times mentioned that Brit and US planes are almost daily fired upon by Iraq and that they return fire etc.

I also worked with an Iraqi(he's been here for 20yrs) and it is amazing just how much death the US and UK rain down on Iraq - I believe that the figure of child deaths from "gulf war syndrome" type effects is in the order of 5000 per year (he showed me a BBC article to that effect).

Personally I don't have a problem with the US going to war if they want to but it does piss me off the way the UK is using 9/11 to promote new laws/wars etc when in reality it had F all to do with them.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Last week it was reported that 5000 US backed Turkish troops had invaded part of Northern Iraq.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It's not uncommon for the US to drop somewhere on the order of 400-500 bombs/missles per quarter on Iraqi targets. As Phree mentioned, they shoot at us, we shoot back. Thats actually been going on for quite a few years now. It just isn't ALL that news worthy so you won't know about unless you really dig in the news.

also worked with an Iraqi(he's been here for 20yrs) and it is amazing just how much death the US and UK rain down on Iraq - I believe that the figure of child deaths from "gulf war syndrome" type effects is in the order of 5000 per year (he showed me a BBC article to that effect).

not to get protective cuz i know that the bombs we drop due cause alot of deaths..but comon...the u.s. and u.k. are responsible for gulf war syndrome???? it's my understanding that it is alot of factors that plauyed into that including the oil fires, radioactive bullets, and possible chemical weapons used.....to blame it on any one or two countries would be silly...(unless you had proof it was an actual manufactured disease)