howardwhite

Whadd'ya pay for jumps?

An annoying guy showed up at a DZ in Massachusetts the other day and was **outraged** that an Otter load to 13.5 was $21. He is American but claims to have made his ~100 jumps in South Africa. Indeed, according to the DZ.com database it seems to be cheaper there.

I've done a quick and dirty survey. $21 seems to be on the high end. The Ranch charges $15 and Perris has a "summer special" of $14.50. High $18s seems to be standard.

Given fixed costs (plane, insurance, fuel, etc.), even this seems a wide variation. How much do you pay?

HW

CrossKeys - NJ

$17.00 most days, $13.00 on Wednesdays, $16.00 at the Monkey Jam this weekend.

Aircraft are: Skyvan, Otter, Grand Caravan, Caravan, and a 182.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

In Tejas, the two dropzones I jump at are like this...
Small dz, c-182 - $17.00 to full altitude - which is around 10 to 10.5 - 11 if we get out and push.
biggen dz, turbines (caravan,otter) - $17.00 to 13k+ on fridays, $20.00 (i believe) on the weekends.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

At Skydive Dallas, my first dz, I think they're $20 now. At San Marcos, they're $18 to 14Kish in the otter, but they have had two $12/jump weekends in the last month or so. Also this weekend, if you bring a tandem out, you get $10 jumps all day.

To me, $20 is a lot. It's certainly the most I'd pay without inner resentment for now.
Skydiving is for cool people only

In Tejas, the two dropzones I jump at are like this...

***reply] In South Carolina at Blue Sky Adventures we pay $11 a load when we get the 182 going and the normal rate for turbine is $17 to 14K or so

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Oh well, since I am a South African, maybe I should respond. Normal jumps here are from between 9000 and 11000 ft agl. You can expect to pay about ZAR140 for that, which very nearly equates to 13.5 dollars. This is irrespective of the jump plane, turbine or otherwise. There are only two turbine DS's in SA, within 80km of each other (and 1400 frikkin km from where I live :( )

For higher altitudes you usually pay more, say 15-18 dollars for 12-16 k feet.

--
ZZZzzzz....

Of course, comparing the price of ANYTHING here to ANYTHING in South Africa is kind of stupid.

I'm trying to figure out if you're tuning me country grief or what. If you are, I am going to have to come over there and bliksem you amongst the eyes until the bleed becomes. :P

Ask Scratch what that means :ph34r:

--
ZZZzzzz....