sangiro

Flashing animated avatars / user icons

theres just something pleasantly hypnotizing about judes gif...

Bet you wouldn't say the same thing if I had a guy waggin' his weenie as my icon...;)

well its not my thing
(unless of course it was my whang)
so hypnotism would be right out, but otherwise one is pretty open minded...;)

# for i in `find . -iregex .*gif`; do rm -f $i; done

OMG! Why the hell didn't I think of that! I've been thinking about possible approaches... I guess the best ones are always simple and right in front of you!

Thanks! :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I'm still seeing a lot of animated (Some rapidly blinking) Avatars on the fourms HH. I was hoping to see that we could police ourself on here but it looks like we can't :(

Also on similar note, I'm seeing a lot of sig lines that are 6-10 lines long, Is there any chance of getting the old 255 character/line limit put back in? It just annoys me when the sig is longer or has more colors then the post or reply.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Also on similar note, I'm seeing a lot of sig lines that are 6-10 lines long, Is there any chance of getting the old 255 character/line limit put back in? It just annoys me when the sig is longer or has more colors then the post or reply.

Phree, I would agree with some of the long sigs. However, not everyone is gonna like what everyone says or does on this website. It is HH's and the Moderators decision on this stuff. If everyone made posts about stuff they did not like and expected HH to change it then this would be a democracy and HH has clearly clarified that this in no damn democracy. I don't mean to offend you but your personal moderation of these forums when in fact you have not been appointed a moderator is a little so called annoying to others.

Phree, I would agree with some of the long sigs. However, not everyone is gonna like what everyone says or does on this website. It is HH's and the Moderators decision on this stuff. If everyone made posts about stuff they did not like and expected HH to change it then this would be a democracy and HH has clearly clarified that this in no damn democracy. I don't mean to offend you but your personal moderation of these forums when in fact you have not been appointed a moderator is a little so called annoying to others.

I don't mean to offend you either but....

I don't think Phree was trying to moderate at all. I think he was expressing his opinion and I also think he managed to read my position on both flashing avatars and long sigs very accurately.

He actually PMed me before he did that post and asked if I minded that he bump it up again. I had no problem with him doing it.

With all due respect Nathan, I find it a bit surprising (to say the least) that you will venture to make comments about others doing things that may be "annoying to others" in what could be construed as a personal attack. Speak for yourself, don't claim to speak for others. You were certainly not speaking for me.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

With all due respect Nathan, I find it a bit surprising (to say the least) that you will venture to make comments about others doing things that may be "annoying to others" in what could be construed as a personal attack. Speak for yourself, don't claim to speak for others. You were certainly not speaking for me.

Hot fork, hot hork, easy now, back to sleep HH. Didn't mean to scratch. Maybe. Not you at least. I was not speaking for you. Speaking for myself. I will not say anything about what others said. If they want to make it public they can. I just think it is funny how every now and then Phreezone makes a post asking people to stop doing something that "he" doesn't want done. Kind of like a Mini Moderator.:ph34r:

I just think it is funny how every now and then Phreezone makes a post asking people to stop doing something that "he" doesn't want done. Kind of like a Mini Moderator.

He PMed me before he posted. He was actually making a post about something I don't want done... and I'm no Mini Moderator.

If you have an issue with what Phree is doing, send him a PM.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

>every now and then Phreezone makes a post asking people to stop >doing something that "he" doesn't want done.

Well, anyone here is free to ask people to do or not do something. It is, of course, up to you whether to do it or not (if they're not moderators, that is.)

>every now and then Phreezone makes a post asking people to stop >doing something that "he" doesn't want done.
Well, anyone here is free to ask people to do or not do something. It is, of course, up to you whether to do it or not (if they're not moderators, that is.)

Oh yea, Bill? You know what I say to that?
I say......hold on a minute.....it says moderator under your name.....oops, never mind, move right along kiddies, nothing to see here....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

He was actually making a post about something I don't want done... and I'm no Mini Moderator.

So he is like a moderator in training.:D Ok, no big deal. He is Phree, no pun intended, to express his opinions. But I should be free to express mine too. Unless it can be considered a personal attack. It was not meant as a personal attack just my opinion.

I just stumbled across this one, and while walking through it sucked the shoe right off my foot.

In two cases only I have taken offense to how I was responded to on the forum, took it to PM, and got no response.

I was considerate in my PM, but in neither case did the individual reply.

When I express an opinion, and someone responds that my opinion is idiotic, it takes a lawyer to determine that the attack wasn't personal.

Well that hardly makes sense, but thanks for listening.

Lisa, I got some pretty good pictures from Perris, I'll try to get them up by tomorrow.

Just try and slap me and not laugh.:P

It was not meant as a personal attack just my opinion.

Of course not... except, that this is repetitive behavior. I sent you a PM when you had a go at Rhino, and then took a step back and said "I didn't mean it" after the damage was done. I'll say again (in public) what I said in private then...

It's not OK to take a shot, do the damage and then try do distance yourself from it. Your post was malicious in my opinion.
Safe swoops
Sangiro