dbattman

Carshopping sucks

Actually, I had a huge ass land whale (sort of-actually a jeep TJ lifted 4" with 33" muds etcetc ) that wasnt actually that bad on gas. It fricken got stolen earlier this year. It kicked ASS! Park where you want, never get stuck, top off in the summer, excellent in the winter...
Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

i was just driving a HMMWV (civilians call it a humvee) and it kickes more ass than ya would think. all be it the gov was paying the gas bill and the car pyment it was fun..... and the new hummers that they produce for civilians are pecies of crap compared to the military version...the civilian version is turning in to a "pretty boy" vehichle, all loks, no muscle..and who in there right mind would take a 50k car off road....wel unless 50k is chump change to ya....

vking,
dude, ya ben watching way to many honda comercial..... start stearing him twords a yugo...yes a yugo..he could be the first on his block to own one in the last 20 years.............

Its not like whorship hondas or somthing. I just HATE this dumb SUV craze that is going around right now. Also every huge suv i see is driven by one person and just by looking at the driver you can tell they wouldn't so much as go in a dirt parking lot with it for fear of getting there bus dusty. Vehicles like the excersion were only designed so ford could say we have the biggest vehicle in production. Other useless suvs include The esclade, the EXT, the BMW and MB suv's are a damn joke!! *gets off soap box*
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Also every huge suv i see is driven by one person and just by looking at the driver you can tell they wouldn't so much as go in a dirt parking lot with it for fear of getting there bus dusty. Vehicles like the excersion were only designed so ford could say we have the biggest vehicle in production. Other useless suvs include The esclade, the EXT, the BMW and MB suv's are a damn joke!! *gets off soap box*

I used to see the Mercedes and Lexus SUV's and think "what a waste, no one will ever take one of those off roading." Then I was out off roading in the desert and actually saw a Mercedes SUV and instantly thought "what the HELL are you doing taking that thing off road?!? You paid more for it than I make in a year!!"

Kinda a double standard I guess.

Bill

and who in there right mind would take a 50k car off road

Ummm...Derek would, I think he gets a hard on just seeing them on the road. Oh and you should hear the stories he tells of what he did to the ones he got to drive in the army. Something about a desert with night vision goggles and driving them as fast as they could go :o
Fly it like you stole it!

Something about a desert with night vision goggles and driving them as fast as they could go

*drooling*

I've gone *fast* in the desert before in my truck (75mph-ish), but that wasn't open desert, it was a trail, kinda like a fire road, but not as improved. I could only imagine doing that with a no frills military hummer. God, if only to own a hummer, not one of those pussified H2-yuppy mobiles, but the big scary ones that run over riced out Hondas on the highway...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>It makes me sick to see them go to waste . I assure you that my
> suv's have been off road and I run them hard . God damn pussy
> ass yuppies get it off road or sell it .

During the search for Danielle Van Dam, we would drive up desert washes and hike out along each side in a search pattern. On one particular occasion, we sent a pickup truck and a 2WD SUV up the wash about a mile. They both got stuck. Then we sent a 4WD SUV to rescue them. It got stuck. Finally the search party leader had to take his Subaru Legacy up the road and pull them out. He had no problems.

That's because SUVs usually don't have locking differentuals or atleast semi-lockers. The Subaru has "power transfer" which is very similar to semi-lockers.

It also helps a LOT if the driver knows what the hell he/she is doing.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Carshopping sucks. I mean it really, really sucks.

Here's what I did. figured out what vehicle I wanted on the net, then sent emails to all of the dealerships within a 90 minute drive with the terms of the deal (and options) that I wanted. I included in the emails that I do not pay D&H so to hide it somewhere else that I don't see. One dealer said everyone pays D&H - My reply back said I don't and have a nice day.
Two dealers agreed to my number including not paying D&H. Picked the nearest one and asked them when the vehicle would be ready. Drove down two days later, signed and drove away. Total time spent at the dealership was about 30 minutes and 3-4 hours doing the research before hand. Braincells lost - 0.
-----
~~~Michael

>Then we sent a 4WD SUV to rescue them. It got stuck

Not all SUV's are created equal. You have to factor in ground clearance, gear ratio, suspension articulation. My jeep TJ could go ALOT of places without getting stuck when it was stock. It went even more places when I added the 4" LIFT, 33" BFG muds, 4.10 gears. This doesnt mean it can go 'ANYWHERE' without gettign stuck. Infact, I did get stuck in about 4 feet of soft mud once. After that, I added an 8,000lbs winch. Problem solved!

Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

Ok, I just found this and thought that maybe this SUV thing just went a little TOO far:

Porsche SUV

Ok, it's on the 5th or 6th page, sorry.
here is the qoute about the SUV (there is a picture of it on the page)

Meanwhile, anyone who assumed Porsche would never enter the SUV market turned out to be wrong. At this year’s Paris Motor Show, the new Cayenne SUV will be shown to the public for the first time. But this is no ordinary sport ute. Cayenne is powered by a 350-horsepower 4.5-liter V8 engine in the S trim, while the Turbo adds twin-turbochargers to the V8 for a maximum rating of 450 horsepower. Porsche claims that not only will Cayenne be capable of reaching 60 mph as quick as 5.6 seconds, it will be available with an Offroad Technology Package, giving it the ability to handle the roughest terrain. Looking into the future, next fall Porsche will introduce the production version of its Carrera GT supercar. More details will be available as the launch date approaches; however, it’s estimated that its 6.0-liter V10 will produce 558 horsepower with a top speed expected to exceed 200 mph.

oi i have a 2000 jeep cherokee and ive never been offroad with it but 1 time last year it rained for 5 days straight here in miami and the water was up near my window and i just kept going while laughin at the people stuck in there hondas at the exact moment i said damn im glad ive got a jeep should i take it offroad ? i dont think i would know what to do with it once i got it there can u do jumps in it im all about gettin air...