ChileRelleno

X-rays and photos of bad swoop

:)If anyone saw the post "crash and burn" that gives the whole story.Meanwhile I'm out of action for 4 to 6 months and the only thing keeping me from going stir crazy is this website.
I WILL NOT BE BOUND TO THE GROUND,I WILL SOAR AGAIN!

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Xray plates and screws 2002.jpg

incision Left 2002.jpg

fracture blister 2002.jpg

pop goes the blister 2002.jpg

In Reply_________Yeah, I am. I watched another friend hook in this past weekend (read about it in incidents), I've been reminded very bluntly this weekend.
Yeah,I read and posted back on that one,I hope hes doing better?My best wishes for a speedy and total recovery.

IN REPLY_________I didn't realize it was a blister until it poped ... ewwwwwwwwwwww!!
Yeah , the Doc says fracture blisters caused by the swelling are fairly common BUT mine was the largest he had ever seen!!!!I was sort of celebrity at the Doc's office,all the people that worked there came back to see it.When they cut it open about a pint and a half of yellow fluid poured out eeeewwww neato!!!

"Maybe some of those people out there that insist on downsizing in a hurry will think twice. I doubt it but I can hope. "
Me too. Lines I've heard in the last year: (2000 jumps) "No problem. I can do this easily". (500 jumps) "I need to be a little more aggressive on my swoops". (300 jumps) "Hold my camera, this will be cool". (15 jumps) "I'm too light for the bigger canopy".
What do these people have in common ? Femur/Neck/Pelvis/etc injuries requiring hospital stays to put them back together. Examples don't work. Downsizing isn't the only culprit, it seems to be an attitude that the person has.

it seems to be an attitude that the person has.

No doubt. I know a guy that has maybe 30 jumps and hethinks he should be flying head down after break offs. I'm sure it won't be long before he discovers downsizing. I did get a nice laugh as I watched him PLOW into the mud landing down wind Monday. ;) Hopefully I can be an example. I'm pushing 300 jumps and still on a Stilletto loaded at 1.25:1. I get complimented fairly often on my landings by people with 1000, 2000, 3000 + jumps. I get some crazy swoops most of the time. No not like CG on his 99 Extreme or Trey on his 84 Velocity but they are still nice and I have all my bones in the same place as where they started before the jump. ;)

Yeah , the Doc says fracture blisters caused by the swelling are fairly common BUT mine was the largest he had ever seen!!!!I was sort of celebrity at the

Doc's office,all the people that worked there came back to see it.When they cut it open about a pint and a half of yellow fluid poured out eeeewwww neato!!!

If you had iced it like you were supposed to and kept it elevated the swelling would not have been so bad.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

phizuck that looks painfull.. I hope you heal quickly. bout made me puke, and my co-workers are now questioning even more "why the hell do you jump out of planes, and fly hp canopies?!?!"
-yoshi

i had a nice landing while demo'ing a x-fire 2 came in like normal only i didnt do enough practice flairs up high to realize the brakes were to long so my normal 2 stage type landing got turned into a stab to save my pride...didnt have shoes on so they got drug through the field..yes i pulled what is known as a VERN..tis just a flesh wound but i thought i would share =)

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

Picture 29.jpg