christoofar

The Biplane Pic Thread

That is cool! I want to jump from a bi-plane really bad. First chance I get....I'm taking it.

I had the same bug early this year. My heart was set on doing that. Last August I got my wish!!!! :)

Be sure to go to Rantoul next year. The Pitts goes around from place to place during the year, but it's aldo regular show at WFFC. Pay the extra $$$ and the pilot with do some stunt flying. Even though it is a short ride and you bail at 4,000, it is still AWESOME!!!!! Jumped it 2x this year.

How exactly do you get in that position? Climb up on the wing and the pilot flips you over?

1) You buckle in. Same exact buckle that you see in your seat in a Boeing (makes me kinda scared thinking about not having a chute on and THAT'S the only thing keeping me in my seat).

2). When it's time to jump, the pilot will do a "wing waggle," he will quickly bank left and right really fast to signal that you need to go.

3) Unbuckle the belt. stand up. Be sure to only place your hands where you were instructed to put them prior to takeoff.

4) When the pilot sees that you are ready, he starts a slow roll to 180 degrees. Your weight will transition along with it. It really isn't that noticeable until you are fully inverted and THEN you realize the plane is upside down.

5) The pilot waves to you after the film has ended, time to let go!

6) Do anything you'd want to do on a hop and pop! The plane normally rolls back to level right in front of you and does a dive to get back to the airport quickly. VERY AWESOME!!!!

;)