skygal3

ok guys...I need your male point of view...

we girls on this end want the male point of view on this subject...

why do guys blow off girls? Some guys just resort to this tactic and leave girls wondering what happened...true sometimes there are extenuating circumstances, i.e. she is a psycho and lit your house on fire...but other than that...??? I know a lot of guys that feel this is just plain nasty and would never do it...
just a topic we gals are contemplating tonight:ph34r:

Could be for a lot of reasons.

One thing that you -should- be aware of is that the male brain isn't created the same as a female brain. Females have a different way they process information and can verblize things much more than males.

The upshot of this is that males might not be -able- to tell you why they're doing certain things -- they just do them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Funny. I was wondering the same thing about women. :P

I don't think it's a male/female thing. I think it's more a personality thing.

Off the top of my head, these seem to be the big factors that influence why a person can't seem to commit to someone long term:

1. The novelty wears off and they have to go on to something new. They can't stay in one place for any extended period of time.
2. They can't commit because they're afraid of being hurt. So they bail at the first sign of having strong feelings for someone.
3. Somewhat related to the first, once a person starts seeing the person's faults, they bail because it conflicts with their idealized view of the person and/or they don't want to deal with the person's faults. It's easier to just go find something else with less hassles (at least initially).

Those seem to be the biggies.

I'm actually kind of afraid that I'm susceptible to the second one, given what has happened recently. My guess is time and the right person will take care of that though.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Are you really saying you don't think females talk more about feelings than males do?

I wasn't saying anything remotely related to that. I was responding to the original question of why guys blow off women.

But I agree with you that women, taken as a group, talk about feelings way more than guys taken as a group.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

In my experience, guys usually blow off girls cos they need to go skydiving, as in "Can we do something other than go to the drop zone this weekend honey?"

Err....CYA

I'm lucky. I got a whuffo girlfriend who likes to hang out at the DZ and watch me be her hero.

Good for her, I say!

Tony ;)
The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

Honestly here was my reason....I would blow off girls becuase I was either done with them...or I didnt want to deal with them....I mean honestly I was a little ass hole when I was on the dating seen!!! If I liked you I did what I had to be with you ..if i didnt well then I sure as hell wasnt going to waste my time telling you why!! I think most guys think on that level...now yes you'll have your "SENSEITIVE MAN" ( whos likely just acting like that to get laid) that expresses his feelings but I think thats a minority...hey I'm not proud of the way I was back then but I was young and stupid and ready for lovin!!..alls it took for me was the right woman to marry and nowq you can call me MR SENSITIVITY!!!;)....off coarse now its to get laid AND get a kitchen pass to go jumping for the day!!B|;)

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

Sometimes it's because people, not just women, don't take "No" for an answer. It's happened to me a few times where a guy just wouldn't listen when I said there was no future for us. They kept calling still not taking "No" for an answer so I just started screening calls and stopped returning messages.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Hmmm. Seriously? I never let a relationship get really serious with a woman I wasn't willing to have a child with. There were lots of nice girls that I just wouldn't want to be forced to share a lifelong relationship with due to a child. So, things go to a certain point, and I'd bail.

I think that it's probably nastier to keep going forward with a relationship that you know is doomed just because of inertia. Soon as clothes end up in both closets breakups are harder than before that time.

Shouldn't we be in the pub?:)

Strictly based on observations of my guy friends, here's what I've found:
It seems as though a guy will say/do almost anything in the beginning to advance as quickly qith a woman as possible. Some of these tactics include, but are not limited to, promising beautiful long-term relationships and vowes to never become that "other guy"... While successful in their venture, this avenue often comes back to haunt the wild male without warning bearing horns and breathing fire. That is, the woman expects the man to live up to all the promises he's made during the trek to sexual conquest and survival of the species (what nerve they have demanding such follow through!)... So you see, then the guy finds himself stuck in a situation that he really has no good reason to be in and must resort to evasive actions to save what little face he may have remaining... Means of retreat sometimes include the infamous "brushing off" of the woman, or "instant asshole" syndrome, both of which happen without warning and are far too powerful to stop once the process has begun.
Please note that while I'm a guy and just dropped about a million dimes on men in general, I've never been a part of such selfishness and immaturity! :P
It happens to most guys during the course of maturation. Some men grow out of it and some don't. I guess you could say it's all about timing...
One more thing ladies: Before you all start to hate me, I was really just trying to give you an honest angle as you requested. So be gentle... Or not! ;)

"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

Firstly it's not just guys who blow off girls. This is the Noughties and girls also blow off guys (>insert rude pun here<). It's happened to me where I've been left wondering what I did wrong with no genuine, honest explanation providing an answer. Here are some possible reasons for the phenomenon
1) Some people are afraid of a nasty, recipricative response if they tell the dumped one the real reason for the blow off.
2) Some people think that they will hurt the feelings of the dumped more if they are honest.
3) Some guys are just pure arseholes.
4) Some guys just use women.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Yeah, its true.. both men & women do it. I try not to lead a woman on if I'm not interested. I remember once I was on a semi-blind date. The woman was nice, but I wasn't all that attracted to her. At the end of the evening I did NOT say "I'll call you" b/c I knew I didn't want to. I didn't even say "See you later" even though that's often spoken rhetorically. I just said "have a good evening" & left.

I remember a friends episode where Chandler couldn't bring himself to leave a woman (whom he WASN"T interested in) without saying "I'll call you."
. I don't know -it seems that some people are just too wimpy to be honest. I've been on the receiving end of that as well, so its not just guys who are doing it. I had one girlfriend who broke up with me by just not calling me. She didn't have the guts to say anything to me face to face. Kinda lame if you ask me.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

This whole post gets right back to one I did earlier this month about why girls blow off guys (not like that ;)). If you didn't want me to ring you, don't give me your number...then when I do ring you, and you're not face to face with me....simply tell me you don't want me to ring you anymore - that seems so much simpler than, "yeah, ring me later this week and we'll do something" - then NOTHING!!!

Here is a situation I need some help on...

Been in a semi-relationship long distance for 2 years with a woman I had been with for nearly 5. After 2 years of only seeing each other for 3 weeks - I was excited to hear she was coming to visit for 3 months. Sounds great, right....gets better.
I met this girl that I work with the other night for drinks and am totally smitten!! We have talked and shared and admit to both really liking each other, and wanting to see more of each other....

My question is what do I do now???

Girl #2 knows about and is fully aware of the situation with Girl #1 (the same can't be said in reverse), but I feel I have moved on from #1 and would really like to pursue #2 - but #1 is going to be here for 3 months...putting anything with #2 on hold.

Any suggestions are welcome - whether critical or otherwise!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic