Airhead

Born Again Skydivers? Where Are You?

Hi! I AM a Christian. AND a Skydiver. NO...Those 2 terms ARE NOT an oxymoron.
Are you a Christian, too?
I'm curious as to those that might be believers too, and that may frequent dropzone.com
I'd love some feed back from those of you of like mind and faith. Our outlook on many things comes from a different perspective and I'd love to touch base with you.
The Alpha & The Omega...the Beginning and the End - The challenge is with the middle!

Hi! I AM a Christian. AND a Skydiver. NO...Those 2 terms ARE NOT an oxymoron.

I don't see why that would be an oxymoron. Nothing inherent in skydiving or Christianity that makes them mutually exclusive propositions.

Now maybe if we get into the post-beer light activities, that's a different story. ;)

But if anything the thing I like about skydiving and skydivers is the incredible variety of people who get together, have fun despite differences in race, religion, political orientation, etc.

We are a very open, caring, accepting group. That's why I love all you guys (and gals). :)
I mean it's cool that Christian skydivers would want to hook up & discuss two passions: faith & skydiving. But I wouldn't say the two conflict.

The family I live with are very devout, born-again Christians. I accept and support them and their beliefs and they feel likewise toward me. Every now & then they'll have church group at their place & I'll sort of hang back and listen, throwing in my $0.02 every now & then.

Everyone is on a journey. Our individual paths may be slightly different, but I like to think the destination is the same. :)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

yes, i was a gung-ho holy roller at one point. i'm at the stage now in my life where heck i'm a 20 year old kid having fun. so i don't want people to look at something i do (like drink a beer) and point the finger "look its another hypocrite!" i hate that. i have my faith, i'm finding a good balance. :) c ya!

I drove a car INTO a church as a kid.....does that count???

Should have seen the look on that congregations face when the came out after mass.....yup, going to hell for sure!!!!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

so i don't want people to look at something i do (like drink a beer) and point the finger "look its another hypocrite!"

If drinking a beer makes a Christian a hypocrite, then why did Jesus turn water to wine at the wedding?

I know you and I don't think you have much to worry about. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

If drinking a beer makes a Christian a hypocrite, then why did Jesus turn water to wine at the wedding?

I know you and I don't think you have much to worry about. ;)

i was just thinking the underage factor (such as the mexican restaraunt incident "abra-cadabra!" lol!!!!) hehe, just trying to make my point.

Jesus was way cool. Everybody liked Jesus.
Everybody wanted to hang out with him.
Anything he wanted to do, he did.
He turned water into wine, and if he had wanted to,
He could have turned wheat into marijuana, sugar into cocaine,
or vitamin pills into amphetamines.