weegegirl

Bridge Day Pictures

Hopefully this will work. I haven't tried the attachment thing yet. Here are a few pictures though.

Jason Bell - the man who made things work. The Bus. Some random jumper. The dog sniffing. The current explanation. The packing area. Etc. Enjoy. I'm sure somebody has MUCH better quality pics than me.

jasonbell.jpg

jumper.jpg

LZ.jpg

packingarea.jpg

thebus.jpg

current.jpg

dogsniff.jpg

Did you jump Liz ? Some friends from Napoleon went down - Chris and Theresa, did you see them down there ?

Oh, yeah. I jumped and we saw Chris and Theresa. They were hanging out with us Skydive Tecumseh freaks for most of the weekend. I'm pretty sure they had a great time too. Hope he doesn't mind me posting this pic for you.

Chris.jpg

[replyFirst BASE .

Congrats !! U have a pic or a video ?

If its not on video .... (u know the rest)B|

No kidding. And you know what? They had guys taking shots of every exit and landing and they missed BOTH OF MINE. It was a drag. What happened - I think - was that they got out on the crane to do a panoramic shot of the entire bridge while I was up on the bus waiting to jump. So I think they were switching back while I was jumping. However, I was promissed that it will be on the video that comes out in January. So I already bought myself a copy. Martini Shots was doing the filming and they had a crew of 7 with 7 different angles. They promissed the video would rock this year - full sound track and all the footage they have for every single jumper. They said they didn't care how long it had to be - they would do what they had to do. So, I will have one then. :ph34r:

Wet. It seamed a lot safer at the time for my first BASE jump. The water was high, but they did a pretty good job explaining the currents to us the night before. The rescue boats were on their game. The second you landed in they were on their way to you.

I will say though, it was scary. At first they threw me a rope, which was next to impossible to hold onto, seeing as my canopy - full of water - was dragging me back out and down with the current. You are supposed to reach around and grab the tail or one of your center cells to pull the water out. But, that was just impossible at the time. So I let go of the rope and climbed into a boat instead. Things just happened really quickly. I think they said that the boats picked up 42 jumpers - and many more landed wet.

I'm hoping for a more graceful landing next year. :S

You go girl! My stomach is twisting just looking at that pic of the bus. The guy by the stairs looks like he's trying not to toss his cookies. And the crowd watching! So many spectators... how nerve racking!

And yet oddly enough, despite my knotted up gut, a little voice is whispering in my ear... gotta try that one day...

Congrats!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Hmm. Let somebody grab your huevos to dock in a formation and you tell me. ;)

Well, I can think of some interesting 2way [ 3way? 4way? :o] where that is a good start. Though, that kind of RW generally starts after the beer light is on and the plane is down.:ph34r:
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

too much fun.

jason and troy and everyone involved did a terrific job of organizing the event....smooth....

took just short of a 5 second delay... i have this amazing visual in my head of a smiling rapeler on the way down. just hanging in mid air like a spider on a web. did a 360 to a swim about 30' shy of shore.... again too much fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was great to see a bunch of dz.comers too .

dan<><>
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

deadair... what a great name for that pic, and the feeling right at that point.

That was one of the things that surprised me about the jump. For about that first second I felt... nothing. It was like I jumped into a void. And the silence was eerie.

Then you get that drop and then the wind starts getting louder & louder.

Way too cool! :S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon