SkydiveMonkey

What are the main disciplines at your dz?

Unfortunately, more freeflying than RW. That just ain't right.

Also, I have jumped at 10 different DZ's and have never done CRW nor have I seen CRW. Some guys did it during the Byron Boogie when I was there, but I missed it. I was packing. They talked about what they were going to do all morning, did a jump in the early afternoon, and then talked about what they did all afternoon. Is that normal?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

i believe he landed a large crw formation on a sandbar.

Thats a neat trick....;)

Hell we even heard about that one on this side of the pond....can I say Ooops? ;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

What he said.....

It was Chris Gay and Mark Gregory. Man those guys rock. I wish I had the guts to try it with them.

Clay, why didn't we think about a hybrid??? Doh.......

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hell we even heard about that one on this side of the pond

Yeah...being well known has it's draw backs...:D Make one little mistake and THE WHOLE FRICKIN WORLD FINDS OUT ABOUT IT!!!! :D OTOH......he does get free stuff.....;)

Clay, why didn't we think about a hybrid???

Actually we sort of did one on Sunday. We chased Dave Clark out (unannounced) for his 100th. He thought he was doing a two way but it turned into a 5 way!!! Woody did a nice stand up under Dave. I was trying to get there but had a reservation or two about making fast approaches. I had NO idea when he would let go. Ran out of Alti before I could get there to dock.

Depends on the day. Weekdays it's mostly freeflying (unless there's a big RW event going on). Weekends it's a good mix of freeflying and RW, with occasional CRW dog stuff thrown in. There's almost always someone around flying a wingsuit, and there's lots and lots of canopy swooping happening in the landing area all week long. Tandems and AFF students go all day long, every day.

Sucks to jump at a big dz ;)

5. waiting for enough jumpers to show up for first load.

Here's the second vote for that!

We also have this strange paradox going on. When the weather is shitty, the DZ is crowded. When the weather is PERFECT, the first load doesn't go up until 10 am. What's with that?

New Mexico is opposite-land...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

skydive houston is about a 50/50 mix of freeflyers and rw. i guess the #1 discipline would depend on who all showed up any given weekend. the crew jumpers come in a solid 3rd. (i'm planning on trying it one of these days. as soon as i build up the nerve)

skydive spaceland does a lot of tandems. the rw scene is huge. lots of teams. home dz to duegello. compared to number of jumpers the freefly scene is kinda small but some of them have some serious talent.

levin
vSCR#17, vSCS#3