Dumpster

Who owns/ uses firearms-?

I've put more holes in paper than probably everyone here has in clouds.

But I've never put any holes in clouds...that you can prove.

Use a 9 mm, M240 MG and a Robar 50 cal for job. Also have M16's and shotguns here, but they are just to protect the other stuff during transport.

Love to go to the range, stand in front of the target, and say, "You talking to me? You talking to me, mutha?"
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

stand in front of the target, and say, "You talking to me? You talking to me, mutha?"

Whats really funny is when the computerized target whizzes up to you after that and knocks you over, laughing like an idiot...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"I've put more holes in paper than probably everyone here has in clouds."

Laying claim to both prizes.....Cloud rush rawks....And when I first started working with pooters we had to use punch cards to input data....

We don't get to play with firearms over here very often, but I prefer rifles to sidearms. Hunting Red Deer is a challenge.;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Had one of those small safes, but wasn't allowed to bolt it into my wall, rent contract. So I tried hiding it away in the topshelf of my cubboard, stashing clothes and stuff in front of it. Didn't help much, they ravaged my place, so much so, they even found my safe keys and went off with every thing.

The moment I discovered the housebreaking, I left everything as it was and went to fetch the police. Luckily I carried my licence in my handbag and was able to give them all the info they needed.

Funny thing is, only the really expensive stuff was stolen. Like my gold jewelry but not the silver, leather jackets, evening dress and that stuff. No t-shirts or even jeans.

En hulle steel die donnerse ketel en los die f&*%^&en fiets!!! Altwee staan in die kombuis. :ph34r: Assholes!!

I don't have any hopes of ever getting anything back, and I don't mind really. But suddenly I feel so vunerable without the protection of my firearm.

Gene Police: "YOU!! Out of the pool, NOW!!!"

I might have a *couple* of weapons around the house.

Ive actually won more guns (4) in the last 2 years at sniper competitions than ive purchased. Nuthin better than a free gun, cept a NICE free gun (like the custom Infinity 45 Govt model I won...)

While guns are nice, what I really like are custom knives. Got a few of those.

JC

I have a S&W .357 Mag. Go to the range once every couple of months.

I'm considering getting a Colt 1911 .45ACP. Anyone have any experience or comments on them? I don't carry, although it's quite easy to get a CCW in PA. Just for home protection and the "just in case of civil unrest" factor (I live in Center City Philadelphia). I know the ideal home protection is a .12 gauge, but I like to shoot my revolver at the range and want to get a larger capacity pistol with comperable stopping power to the .357.

You're right, a 12-gauge with the proper defense loads is the perfect home defense weapon. Just the sound of a shotgun cycling is enough to send some criminals along the way. Also, if you don't train for it, the chances of you actually hitting what you're shooting at with your handgun in a very high stress situation (like home defense) is very very low. A shotgun gives you the chance to "miss" and still hit the target.

You know what I just gave you? The excuse to buy TWO weapons. B|

As for 1911 ACP based handguns. Kimber builds very nice stuff for not much money (relatively). I'm still VERY partial to my Glocks, though, I just love 'em.

Actually, the benefit of a shotgun for home defense is the sound of a pump as a deterrent. In apartments and other shared-wall buildings, shotgun projectiles tend to go beyond the intended target and could end up in the neighbor's baby. Shotgun ammunition selection for home defense is therefore quite important.

Pistol rounds also tend to overpenetrate walls, as even hollow points turn become just like FMJ after hitting the first sheet of drywall, and the hollow packs with wall material, allowing it to travel through consecutive thin walls without a rapid loss of energy.

From numerous studies, probably the best round for home defense is the .223 TAP. TAP ammo uses a polymer tip which causes immediate expansion and energy transfer to the target. Overpenetration is nullified and even two sheets of drywall are enough to absorb the energy of the 55-grain bullet. That's even when traveling at nearly 2,700 fps from a 16" barrel of an AR-15. Oh yeah, racking an AR is kinda intimidating. heheheeee

Watch to see how fast this ammo is banned after the antis find out what our neighborhood wannabe sniper was using.

As far as a self-defense 1911, I prefer either a Kimber or a Springfield Armory, either with Series 70 internals. Colt may have produced the 1911 for the past 90 years, but the current production quality is lacking. I also prefer the .38 Super or .38 Super Comp to the .45 ACP just for sheer energy, stopping power and rapid ability for follow-ups. You can also fit 10 rounds of .38 Super into a standard-size 1911 magazine, whereas a .45 mag will only accept 7. The .357 Sig is another great alternative to the .45, but unless you don't mind a wickedly snappy recoil, don't get a compact .40S&W.

Hope my opinions help,

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Well, we both agree here. :)

9mm is a good defense load, too IF you use the right ammo and know how to shoot. Personally, for me its Federal Hydroshock 147grain (the heaviest one you can buy). It may be the heaviest, but it's FPS is only 100ft slower then the 135grain. That and when you go to the range to practice, guess what, you save about $3-4 a box and if you shoot as much as I do and you don't reload, then that adds up QUICK.

I own a glock and a .357 and keep them loaded and off safety in my apartment. The mag is in the living room and the other one is in my bedroom. No one lives with me so there are no little tykes that can get their hands on them. And yes, I also have a concealed handgun lic. On long trips where I need to stay in a motel I take the glock with me, otherwise I won't carry one in my vehicle.

I live on the north side of San Antonio. There really is no area of town you are "safe" living in, even in a gated community. I live 350 feet from a bank that has been robbed twice, and there have been two officer deaths from inflicted gunshot wounds within a year in the section of town I live in. The last officer who was murdered lay dying in an apartment complex across the freeway from mine. I still remember the helicopters hovering outside my bedroom window while they were searching for the shooter who had run off on foot! They didn't catch him for 10 hours!

That being said... I am not a gun freak, and I couldn't give a rat's ass about the NRA. Most of the arms-rights freaks I meet are mostly coots who can't put together intelligible sentences or have anything tangible to say. I own firearms because I live next to a crime target (my neighborhood bank).

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the people's liberty's teeth." (George Washington)

I stand with GW...:)

Misquote - The "liberty teeth" remarks were never made by GW. Although he did say other things, like:

"Absolutely not. If the people are armed and the federalists do not know where the arms are, there can never be an oppressive government."

It's a common misunderstanding.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

"Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense"
- John Adams, in A Defense of the Constitution

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, cousin to John Adams, during Massachusetts US Constitution ratification convention, 1788

"The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government"

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
- Thomas Jefferson, written as part of the proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776

I owned an L1A1 and an AR15 until this Summer, when I sold them to finance my new rig and my trip to Rantoul. I've parted with most of my remaining arms this year due to financial woes. I'll never part with my black powder weapons, though. They're a bitch to clean but lots of fun to shoot.

I've got all the Glock .45's , G21, G30, G36. I've been through the Glock and Remington armorer's courses. California Police Olympics gold medalist in High Power rifle, Police Practical Pistol, and Combat Handgun. I also competed at Cowboy Action for a few years, really the funnest "gun-sport" there is.

I used to compete, but now I skydive. The reloader is for sale, and I'm even thinking about selling the competition rifles. If I were to die, California law requires that my registered Bushmaster AR-15 clone be surrendered to the State, as it is illegal for anyone but me to transfer it, and only to a FFL out of state.

I think the gun laws in Texas and Arizona are about the best there are.

Me and my partner (police usage:P) were at a shooting school in Arizona, Gunsite. Neither of us has a CCW for Arizona. My buddy says, "Hey, let's pick up some beer on the way to the motel". I say OK, and I start taking off my pistol and magazines. He's like "No! It's legal to wear an exposed loaded pistol here!". I check with an instructor on the ranch, yes, it's true.

So me and my partner, literally dressed for a gunfight, walk into Safeway and buy a 12 pack. Weird. Nobody really takes notice that I've got this huge G21 in a Kydex front-break and six magazines. I guess students from the school do it all the time. If we had pulled that in Cali, we'd have ended up face down under a boot for sure. Weird.

I surely don't need all the firearms I have, and I'll probably sell most of them, but I'm committed to fighting for the right to have them. And for you all to have them too.

My CCW from Texas gives me the right to carry in something like 18-20 other states. I can't remember all of them (I look it up before I go on trips), but its nice to know/have when traveling.

You're coming to Eloy, right? We could talk for hours...

We could shoot for hours

I'm game, especially if we have a weather day, but all I'll have is about 40rds of Federal Hydroshock. We'd have to make an ammo run, but my range box is in the toolbox in the bed of my truck, so I'm always ready to go shoot. :)

i'm jealous, VA only has reciprocity with WVa (which is good, deliverance factor and all that)....Sig Sauer and Amex, don't leave home without it!!!!!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I'm considering getting a Colt 1911 .45ACP. Anyone have any experience or comments on them?

I carried a Colt Combat Elite 45 when I first started police work. I was issued a Sig 226 (which I hated) when I started on SWAT. Then we went to the Glock 22 (40 cal) which I love. I still, however, carry a Kimber Ultra Carry 45 for U/C work. Kimber makes a great 45. Little pricy but nice guns. I love 45's!

Speakin of 12 ga shotguns tho. I have a cool little Mossberg pump with a 14 inch barrel. Pretty intimidating little entry gun!

I am a lifelong gun owner/user. Currently I own/carry two pistols (a .45 acp Astra A100, and a 9mm Makarov derivative), a combat shotgun, and a very nice 742 Woodmaster Carbine in 30.06 with a Bushnell sportview.

I don't travel without a gun in the car and you would be a complete idiot to attempt a break-in of my house. I am school trained many times over in close-in and far away shooting; thanks to uncle sam and my dad.

Chuck

Own a Taurus 9mm, Ruger .243 and a Remington 1100 12 gauge.

I'm debating keeping the rifle & shotgun cuz I never use 'em. Also thinking of getting rig of the Taurus and getting a Glock 21 or 23, haven't quite decided yet, but I guess .45 rounds are way more expensive than .40s so I'll prolly go with the 23. I've shot them both and they're both great.

I need to get my CCW permit. I've been putting it off for too long. Too lazy mainly. :P

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

http://www.quotationreference.com/quotefinder.php

Try again Markharju, GW did make this quote.;) Search, liberty or firearms...

I wish it was true - it's a great quote, but George Washington never made it. It's a hoax:

http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html

Please see also http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22liberty+teeth%22+quote+washington