cloud9

The American thread

HH you make us sound like SUCH snobs

Nope... that was not what I meant at all...

I just fail to understand a desire to be defined as non-american, thereby conceding that being american or not is actually what I should be measuring against. Doesn't that collapse in on itself?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I just fail to understand a desire to be defined as non-american, thereby conceding that being american or not is actually what I should be measuring against. Doesn't that collapse in on itself?

I agree with you HH. But that thread was never intended in that manner. And I don't think it turned that way either? My prev comment was made when I was still in a good mood. Perhaps a lame attempt at being light-hearted.

Oh well. I am going for a smoke break and a cup of coffee. Monday has been a tad too tense for my liking. Tuesday will be better:)

Kerry

I'm only bouncing the thread back to the top...

BTW whos a NFL fan? I'm in Houston an I must say the Texans didn't whoops ass but we WON!! An that's all that counts!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

>Lets face it, where else in the world can you get news like the good
> ole USA. Example DC sniper case, Okla teen in Salasaw, Iraq
> bombing maybe!

Hmm, but we also have over 100 dead when Russia used chemical weapons against civilian hostages, a revolution killing hundreds in Ivory Coast, Mt. Etna's erupting again, and we have weekly suicide bombings in Israel. At least locally, the reason US news seems more interesting is that's just about all that's reported.

...so you're saying that the US isn't the only fucked up country around?

There isn't a one country that isn't fucked up, this whole world has been fucked up since human was born...at least we're trying to make our lives worth living for...

"Wait, wait, wait, so you're saying that the US isn't the only fucked up country around? "

No that's not what we are saying at all Dave..;).Your sarcasm is not wasted on me.;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I just fail to understand a desire to be defined as non-american

I don't understand it either - but I do know that I have never approached this or any other thread on dropzone.com with anything other than a sense of humour. I like anybody who likes me. The NA thread was exactly for the purpose it served, a continuous place where the guys posting at that time could find each other in the mornings. If you look at Who's Online and active at this time in the morning, it's mostly these guys (see attached). And it was hugely successful.

It was never a corner to hide in, nor was any "American" made to feel unwelcome there. Sure, some like JRaf was ripped off a bit, but can you blame someone for doing so ;)? I think that me and JRaf became friends this way. We all did.

That said, I like most Americans. Probably more than most. Definitely not less. To the slighted - my apologies. Feel free to post to the thread - you don't even have to read the entire thing :P.

The bluest of skies to y'all :)

--
ZZZzzzz....

Online.jpg

but I do know that I have never approached this or any other thread on dropzone.com with anything other than a sense of humour.

What's that? :P

I'm sure "most americans" like you too! (is that humor?) ... but of course, this is not about being american or not! ;)

It was never a corner to hide in

I would challenge that.... isn't that the nature of the subject of that thread and for the largest part also the result?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I have seen him jump and he is no skydiver :P

Much as I am ;)offended;) by your mockery of my skydiving abilities, as an ethical person I have to agree with you. Despite my 300-odd jumps, I still suck at the main disciplines (the aerial stuff), but there are some others that I attain a fair score in. Those are:

1. The drinking of beer.
2. The appreciation of Boobies.
3. The casual shooting of the breeze.
4. The wasting of time.
5. The wasting of money.
6. The making light of serious issues.
7. The taking serious of trivial issues.

Please give credit where it is due :D!

--
ZZZzzzz....

Yay, Ferdi for president, he has all the qualities required for high political office....
;)

Not only will we Hi jack the thread, we could take the country too....
Mwuuuhahahaha....

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

>there are some others that I attain a fair score in.

Before I vote you for president, I have to know a bit more about your abilities. How are you're skills in the following areas:

-Reckless endangerment of self/others
-Blowing up/burning stuff
-Promiscuous sexual antics

Please take time to answer to my questions, so I can make an informed decision when casting my vote. Thank you.

-Reckless endangerment of self/others

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=258135#258135

One of many examples. But I try to skydive safely.

-Blowing up/burning stuff
-Promiscuous sexual antics

I have a low score at the first - I shoot at cans occasionally. And I am dead against the blowing up/burning of stuff where the motives are any other than good, clean fun. That said, I once accidentally burned a barn as a kid. As for the second, I made somewhat of a mastery of it in the past - and still do, although I have dropped the "promiscuous" bit from my act :ph34r:.

--
ZZZzzzz....

"and still do, although I have dropped the "promiscuous" bit from my act "

I've known a few girls in my time who were into 'promising sexual antics'.
We could maybe change your manifesto...
--------------------

Hear Hear
Ferdie the Slut for President.
We take the thread
We take the country
and we take their women too

Do I hear seconds for the following.
Nacmac for VP
Erno for Minister of 'internal' affairs.
Bluefingers for Minister of 'entertainment'
Helicam has got to have the 'Arts and culture' slot
Skreamer for minister of Agriculture.
Mouth as the Speaker of the house
The Aussies can share the Education portfolio
Sangiro is a shoe in for Minister of Public Safety
Robert E, cosidering his state of mind gets the Military
Jraf gets some minor post where he can make noise and do no damage:P
Aggidave to head up the 'Abolition of firearms commitee'

Do I hear any seconds...all in favour say "Aye"

Aye! You got my vote!

JRaf - minister without portfolio

and what, pray tell, would your portfolio entail? Transport? We can all use your brand spanking new rig, when you eventually get it ...

Minister of "entertainment" .... I suppose this means I'm the one who has to show boobies?

Kerry

Nacmac for president of vice, I like the sound of that, what are the perks?
all in favour say "Aye"

Aye, och aye the noo....

Might I suggest Rhino for Attorney General, he is definitely 110% (its that extara 10% you gotta worry about) American, but he has the inside knowledge to make their legal system work to our advantage.

I'd also suggest Aggs as the Minister for Millinery, he has a fine taste in cranial apparel, so he knows his hats.

I'd like to propose Clay as minister for communications, in recognition of his personal sacrifice to the cause of post whoring.

"Jraf gets some minor post where he can make noise and do no damage"
Cultural attache to Iraq?
--------------------