skydiver51

What type of planes does your main DZ use?

King Air and a C-182.

Ya know Im a lowtimer, and I love the quick ride to altitude in the King Air but,the 182 gots personallity man.Am I the only one that gets a kick out of a slow ride in an empty beer can ?

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I happen to love jumping the 182.....probably because that is the plane I learned in.....

We had a King Air and 2 182s...then the king air left and we got a caravan....now the caravan is gone and we have another king air.....but apparently we have one of SDCs super otters this weekend....

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I smiled when I read this cuz I feel like not only am I learning to fly but I'm also learning a LOT of different exits!
Jump 1- not sure
Jumps 2,3,4- Otter
Jump 5- Casa...wheeeeeee, out the back!
Jumps 6, 7- Cessna 182
Jump 8- King Air
Jumps 9, 10- Super Otter

Whew~ Talk about keeping up with it all but I've loved every one! Think the Casa is my favourite!
I love the DZ, I love the sport, I love the people...life is all smiles! Wish my cheeks would stop hurting!
B|

Amy

I'm having the same experience as you are. So far, out of 8 jumps, I've gone out of an Otter, a Super Otter, 2 different King Air's (one was MUCH faster than the other), and the Casa has been here twice. I also like the Casa best. Nice and roomy with an easy and fun exit. But normally we have an Otter. I think they try to get the King Air over the winter, but it's just what is available, and most times we get the Otter.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

I am one of those lucky people from AZ, we jump about 50 weeks a year. When I'm at Eloy it's turbine madness you pick the aircraft. During the winter Mike Mullins and his awesome king air is down the road for a change of pace. If you like the boogie til ya puke thing MSC has one about every 3 months in a king air. I don't mind driving so once and awhile I head to PVS or Elsinore, and they have great otters.

Three Super Otters and a Super Skyvan, with other interesting aircraft dropping by on occasion (DC3, turbine DC3, balloons, A-Star, etc...).

I've jumped Cessna 182s, 206s, a 210, 411s, Otters, Skyvans, a Casa, three different radial engine DC3's, a turbine DC3, a Porter, a helicopter (forget what kind), King Airs, Queen Airs and a Caribou.

I prefer planes with benches. Getting up off the floor in a 206 is mucho painful on my back!

the 182 gots personallity man.Am I the only one that gets a kick out of a slow ride in an empty beer can ?

At Gimli, Manitoba (home of the infamous Gimli glider ...Boeing 767 that ran out of fuel in 1983 and was dead sticked for 600 miles:o) we jump the one, the only, C-GXKU.

The "U type" (Jaguar lovers will understand) is a 1956 Cessna C-182 Skylane with the O-490 powerplant. '56 was the FIRST year for a 182 and as such it has a main cabin 4 inches narrower than models prodeced after 1958.

...Beer can? Try Sardine tin. Don't know what I'm gonna do with all that extra room and altitude when I visit elsewhere. I kinda like the 20 minute ride to altitude. Lots and lots of time to admire the lake and the patchwork mosaic of the farm fields... or ... enough time to invent a jump and then dirt dive it in the plane (wihthout any movement whatsoever), then sit quietly and mind dive, then whine at the pilot for the beverage cart and inflight entertainment being late :P

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Man, you actually gotten a ride up in the C-182? I've requested it several times, but every time it nearly happens, enough people show up to do a load in the King Air. Yesterday, we actually had a six-person load in the King Air. I don't think they'd normally do that, but George was training a new pilot. You better believe we got to altitude in a hurry!

All summer we have a Casa with an Otter or Super Otter stoping in to replace it if its out. Then the Westwind Beech, the Beech 18 is still around and we finally got a C-206 for the smaller loads.

The Casa rocks...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

'56 was the FIRST year for a 182 and as such it has a main cabin 4 inches narrower than models prodeced after 1958.

Yes, BUT it also sits a foot higher, with longer landing struts. That extra room from the step to the wing makes a noticable difference when getting everyone out there.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Man, you actually gotten a ride up in the C-182? I've requested it several times, but every time it nearly happens, enough people show up to do a load in the King Air. Yesterday, we actually had a six-person load in the King Air. I don't think they'd normally do that, but George was training a new pilot. You better believe we got to altitude in a hurry!

Yep,a couple of my aff dives were out of the Cessna.Those slow days(not to often) is when Will sends it up.I rode with George piloting on a 182 ride.What a blast."what are you doin George?"."Im lookin for the dz"Well,I guess you had to be there.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

That extra room from the step to the wing makes a noticable difference when getting everyone out there

...tell THAT to my helmet :S...

I read that onthe specs page of http://www.airliners.net/ as well. GREAT page for trivia - didn;t realize it made that much of a difference but I might trade some hip room for a few seconds under the strut B|

other Dave

PS: y'know what just KILLS me? We have a C-46 Curtiss C-46commando (dig into the page) just SITTING on the apron, minus one engine doing nothing on a very permanent basis.

...Cool 1:1 'kid's toy' as a lame duch, though.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)