Zennie

Should Zennie Get A Tattoo?

OK. I've always held off getting a tattoo because:

a. Liz forbade it;
b. I never really thought of something that was meaningful...

Until now. I have a concept for one (not something big, just maybe 3 inches or so in diameter along the side of the arm) that would have a lot of meaning on several levels, but I'm still sort of on the fence as to whether a tattoo is really "me".

So whatcha think?

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Just understand that they are very addictive. Don't say I didn't warn you. You're smarter than picking one off the wall so we don't have to bother with THAT talk. Also, no names unless you are honoring the deceased or its one of your kids.

Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

Zennie:

if ya get "one" you will get another, trust me on this one. they are kewel, but have to be meaningful, as most are, they are also a good "story line" of our lives documented in ink format! by all means dude, get one, you'll love it. :)

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Have you drawn up the concept yet or are you going to have the tattoo artist do it? Also, if you want a recommendation on a good artist, I've got one, he's amazing (you saw my pumpkin tat, right?).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I wanted one forever, but couldn't find the right artist. Finally found her in San Francisco.

I love mine, it's on my inner right bicep, and it pokes out just a little when I'm wearing a T-shirt with shorter than average sleeves.

Outside of skydiving I have this real Ward Cleaver life, so when people see the tattoo, they wig. I love it.

I would have gotten mine just a little smaller if I did it again, or a little higher on my arm so it's easier to conceal with a smaller t shirt. But get one, pay big money, get a really, really good one. Be sober, and don't be afraid to have the artist move the drawing around or make it bigger or smaller.

I want to get digital photos of all our tattoos at Eloy and post them asking the question "Who is this on?".

Should be fun.

Get one.

JP

I say go for it. It took me forever to decide to get one and then even longer to create something that I wanted with me forever. You've seen mine so let me know if you want to know the artist, he's in Houston. I was able to describe to him what I wanted with the aid of a few pictures and he did the actual drawing itself and then scaled to just the right size. I absolutely love mine. Like has been said though, they are addictive, like body piercings for me as well, and I know I'll be getting another eventually. Good luck.

Christina

If you're not 100% sure, you can go ahead an try it in henna. That way if you don't like it, or the size, or whatever, it will fade away. I couldn't have a tatoo, I don't like the idea of having something on my skin as being permanent, specially because I don't know if I'll regret it later. Either way, with henna is like a "try before you buy" type of thing.

Later,
~Chivo

You're smarter than picking one off the wall so we don't have to bother with THAT talk. Also, no names unless you are honoring the deceased or its one of your kids.

No names necessary. The symbolism will speak for itself. I've looked around a bit on the internet for a graphic that really speaks to me, one came close, but not quite. I may talk to the artist about the concept and see what he can draw up for me.

And yeah if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right... no cheap stuff. That was going to be my next step, finding the best artist in Houston.

PM me with your recommendations.

As far as the addictiveness goes... I know full well, my brother has a ton of them. And actually, I have a second one that I could put on the other arm that would complement the first one.

- Z

Get one!!!! Hell!!!! Get Three!!!
I've got two, and about to get my third!!!!
I have a animated devil on my butt, and a paw print on my belly...one guess what my next is gonna be!!!!

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

I have one and it's really ugly and dorky. I was more into the idea of having a tattoo than I was into thinking about what a good design would be.

I knew a woman who had cheated on her husband so he left her, but she wanted to get back together with him. She decided to get a tattoo of a phoenix (symbolizing her becoming a new, better person or something), and to flatter her husband she had him draw it (he was a professional artist). So she got this giant phoenix tattooed on the back of her neck. As it turned out, she and her husband didn't get back together, so she let her boyfriend move in with her. The husband chortled every time he thought about how much it must have annoyed said boyfriend to see his brand all over her.

Irrelevant story, sorry. Hehe.
Skydiving is for cool people only

She decided to get a tattoo of a phoenix (symbolizing her becoming a new, better person or something)

Well, now that you mention it, that is what I want to get. For a different reason, obviously.

In my case the Phoenix is a pretty good representation of where I've been and where I'm at in my life. Plus the bird/flight theme also works.

Problem is I can't seem to find a good design, and like I said, I'm not getting one until I find one that clicks with me.

And since I'm letting the cat out of the bag, what i was thinking of on the other arm was a Chinese Phoenix. In Chinese mythology, it represents the union of yin and yang. It was thought to be a gentle creature, alighting so gently that it crushed nothing, and eating only dewdrops. It was also believed that a phoenix controlled the 5 tones of Chinese music and that it represented the Confucian virtues of loyalty, honesty, decorum and justice. It is considered a symbol of good luck.

- Z