AggieDave

Do You Snore?

I have to admit, I rattle the windows sometimes, then sometimes I don't snore much at all (according to past roommates and girlfriends).

So what about yall, do you snore? Do you have a funny story about snoring? I do. :)

The Flag Room in the Memorial Student Center (think of it as a huge living room in Texas A&M's student union, with a ton of couches and comfy chairs) is where I spent a good deal of time this semester between my 8am and my 11:30am classes, studying, relaxing, etc. Well, I was reading a novel in a chair and aparently fell asleep sitting up. Sitting up, with my head rocked back, basically in a "super-snore" position. I don't know how long I was out, it couldn't have been longer then a few minutes, definately not longer then 10 minutes, eitherway, I awoke with a snort and sat up. The entire Flag Room was looking at me (about 150-200 people or so). I guess I had been snoring, very very loudly. So, needless to say I grabbed my messenger bag and left fairly quickly and farily embarressed. Now and at the time, that seemed very funny to me, although embarressing too. :P

Warning: This poll and thread have no use in real life, it is another case of mindless post-whoring brought to you by the procrastination of major projects and finals studying.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Apparently I do..:$
But not so it bothers anyone important...ie ME!

I've got some funny sleep walking / talking tales, but I'm not going to go into them here....

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

i don't snore, but my wife...sheesh! [:/] she kills me. to "train" her with some "sleeping manners" i started waking her up completely when she would wake me up, so this kind of caused some problems at first, but she soon caught on. she only snores if she sleeps on her back, so i make sure she's turned on her side before she goes to sleep. she's got a great gift, she can sleep anywhere, anytime and pass smooth out after only 2 seconds of her head hitting the pillow, me, i go to sleep slowly, and am a light sleeper. her snoring has caused many a late night fuss! B| in the beginning i just used to hit the couch, but i got to thinking, she's snoring, why should i leave my own bed?? ;) but other than that, she's a wonderful lass!

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

i don't snore, but my wife...sheesh! she kills me

AYMEN! My girlfriend can also fall asleep anywhere anytime and sleep HARD. I on the other hand am insomniatic and quite a light sleeper. My ditching her in the middle of the night for the couch has cause some problems as of late so we too are learning little “positioning tricks” to keep her snoring to minimal. She caught me snoring once in the last 2 years (one night after hard skydiving and hard drinking), and has not let me forget it.

.:skip out

i have some sort of deviated septum thing going on that used to cause occasional snoring, depending on position. then, i had an operation to fix it. the worst part was a few days after the operation when they removed the guaze packing from my nostrils... imagine having about 4 feet of gauze up each side of your nose. when the doctor removed it i thought he was starting a lawn mower (picture the motion!) to make matters worse, now i snore all the time, and louder than i used to. breathe-rite strips didn't help, a special obus form pillow, guaranteed to stop snoring, didn't help. ear plugs for my wife did the trick, now i only wake myself up! :S

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Nope. I don't snore.

And anything my wife says to the contrary is an irrelevant damned lie! ;)

Actually, I usually don't snore. I generally sleep on my stomach, in which case I'm fine. But if for some reason I get rolled onto my back, then, uh, I might be barely possible that I snore. Supposedly, I'm good at rolling back over on command. Take that one as you will... :)

If you have enough energy to have nightmares and thrash around a lot, then your evening wasn't good enough.

Perv!! I try to make a serious post and you drag it to the gutter...i'm so disappointed...;):P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

If you have enough energy to have nightmares and thrash around a lot, then your evening wasn't good enough.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perv!! I try to make a serious post and you drag it to the gutter...i'm so disappointed...

Where did I say anything perverted? Huh? Huh? Where is YOUR mind, Ms. Sunshine?

[Admiring Look][Applause] You da perv! [/Admiring Look][/Applause]

;)

I've actually had several 'near death' experiences related to snoring... I've awoken several times with pillows forcibly held to my face, as my fellow bunk room mates at the DZ tried to kill me to stop the snoring! :ph34r:

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

You're not alone Katie. Spending the night with Guinness can make the sexiest of all ladies sound like a chainsaw.

More often than snoring I do sleepwalk, sleeptalk and perform random chores in the night. Sometimes I'll wake up lost in the bathroom or knock into the vertical blinds and scare myself awake.

When I used to bartend there was a time that I'd walk around at night, thinking that I was at work?! I remember more than once cruising around with my blanket wrapped around me. Apparently I thought that I had forgot to wear clothes to work!

x's and o's,

Hol :)
When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?

I talk in my sleep occasionally. Fortunately, it's neither intelligible or English. Therefore, while I have no idea what secrets I'm spilling, neither does anybody else!
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Therefore, while I have no idea what secrets I'm spilling, neither does anybody else!

Stress does funny things to people. I remember doing guard duty in Basic Training. There would be people singing loudly, giving marching orders, all manner of things in their sleep. Entertaining....:D

I USED to rattle windows, then it was found that I had that stupid condition where you stop breathing in your sleep...not good. So I had my tonsils and adnoids removed. Now I only snore if I haven't had enough sleep recently, or I have a cold or if I'm just sleeping in a weird position. (I have been known to sleep sideways on my bed with my upper body hanging over the edge and my legs propped up on the wall.)

I've actually had several 'near death' experiences related to snoring... I've awoken several times with pillows forcibly held to my face, as my fellow bunk room mates at the DZ tried to kill me to stop the snoring! [Sly]

He he he...that's the best laugh I've had all morning!
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Another funny snoring story from me:

When I was at Eloy back in May, I slept in the bed of my truck most of the nights. Anyways, a guy came up to me one afternoon and asked if I was the guy with the "big Aggie truck" I said yes, why? He laughed and said he was sleeping in his 4-runner a couple cars over and I woke him up b/c I was snoring so damned loud...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."