Iezyka

why marry?

Maybe someone who are married or wants get married would let me know your reason, I just haven´t figured out what it could be good for yet. I´m curious!

What are the benefits of being married compared to just being a couple?
Why did you get married or why do you want to get married?

To have babies that aren't considered "bastard" children
To have someone to smush bugs
To have someone to lift heavy things

That's about all I can think of, but then I separated this year after 17 years of marriage, so maybe I'm not a good judge. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Aw, you guys are so cynical.

My parents have been together almost 30 years, and by God there were years I WISHED they would get divorced cause they were sniping at each other so much, but for the most part, they make a great team.

The best part of the day for me when I'm visiting them is I roll out of bed and join them at the kitchen table to drink coffee and talk about the paper. There's something that seems so safe and happy about it.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Marriage has to happen, it can't be forced, and I believe that's the problem nowadays, people wants to get married because 'that's the norm' SCREW THAT!!!, I wanted to get married once, I was really in love, so in love that my family got shocked when the 'M' word came out of my mouth, but, it didn't happen (long story) so, I'm still single and not looking, if it happens, good, if not, good.

Enjoy life at its fullest because life is short, and not because you are married or not means that you are not happy, happines has many shapes and colors.

Just my opinion.

I got married the first time because she was preg. ekkk we were both 18,,, (it didnt take long to figure out how that thing worked) the second time i married because she said if i didnt marry her she was "out of here" sex was great so we married. hmmmmmm should i try a third time? and if so,, what is a good reason for getting married. sex doesnt seem to be the answer. i can squash my own bugs,, lift my own heavy thing and i do garbage...

With courage being greater than your fear, jump into the unknown and enjoy the best that life has to offer.

squash bugs, lift heavy things and i do garbage... hmm:S

I don´t see why I would need to marry to make a partner I live and share my life with to help me with things I don´t want to do by myself, whatever that would be. (I could think of lots of things.:)
jessica

>I still haven't figured out anything it's good for.

Tax benifits.

You must not be married. They aren't kidding when they talk about the "marriage penalty." I don't know I think they have tried to lessen it somewhat in the last year or two, but a few years back, for fun, I did our taxes as married filing jointly and then as if we were single. Let me tell you true, there is NO tax benefit to being married! We owed more.

I'm not saying that is a reason to not get married, though, just pointing it out.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Tax benifits.

Serious question here, are there actual tax benefits to getting married? Sure there are deductions for having children, but I thought that married folk actually got screwed on taxes, at least two income families.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Tax benifits.

Serious question here, are there actual tax benefits to getting married? Sure there are deductions for having children, but I thought that married folk actually got screwed on taxes, at least two income families.

-
Jim

that is true, it used to be a marriage penalty. I believe the current regeim is trying to change that however.

Well my non-skydiving wife and I have been sweethearts since high school ... our next wedding anniversairy will be #19 ... I couldn't imagine living my life without someone to share it all with ... the friends we celebrated New Years Eve with tonight are our age, and have been married 22 years ... if and when you find someone, you'll know. There is nothing better. Last night Shelley and I went to LOTR #2 together. Tonight my friend Mark and I played on our guitars and sang love songs we have written about our wives. There is nothing worng with marriage -- it's all about WHO you marry. Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier. How 'bout this: I started skydiving after being married for 14 years! Now THAT'S a cool lady!!!

Tks for the words of encouragement Iflyme,, it sounds like you have everything working with a wonderful woman,, I will continue the search :)

With courage being greater than your fear, jump into the unknown and enjoy the best that life has to offer.