flyingferret

Eloy: DC-3 flyby video?

Yes; I'm sure it'll be posted eventually. But there is an awesome video of an awesome flyby.

Wendy W.

Edit: I know Deuce got it on tape, because we saw it a number of times at the Bent Prop; sound and all. This was a DC3-only flyby, and it was awesome.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It was pretty cool from the inside too, I rolled up the door on the 3 and wore my camera, could not see much of the ground because the wing is in the way but the two Otters in left trail came out good and got the sensation of speed being so low to the ground. After we passed the DZ to the south the Otter closest to the 3 did a really nice pull up and chandelle to the left, it was worth pushing people out out of the plane for that ride.

I saw it but now you've made me jealous cause you got to ride it.:P

Hope everyone is still having a blast there. Enjoy a sunset or two more for me please.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

The post-midnight New Year's Eve jump flyby of the DC-3 was amazing - only to be topped by the sunset New Year's Day formatioin flyby of the 3 Otters, DC-3 and jet. The jet then circled around and made a screaming solo flyby straight up the main landing area. Cool as hell. I got a few of the flybys on video including the two I just mentioned.
The DC-3 looks amazing at night because of the fire spewing out of the exaust. I particularly liked that image when I left the plane at 13 grand on the New Year's Eve night jump.