kevin922

Sexual Preference Question....

I could care less what your sexual preference is as well -- however the purpose of the thread was because cloneing people intrigues me. How much alike will this clone person be?? If the person the DNA was taken from has certain herditary problems (some type of cancer or something that is definately hereditary) does this mean the clone will get this cancer? Same goes with the sexual preference question it wasn't intended to get an opinon of "gay" lifestyles ... it was more of a not-so-scientific question on what would happen with the clone. :)

Excuse me, I did take that a bit on a tangent...:P

I'm not qualified to answer that question. I'll abstain. :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

the first line of the link that Val posted is as follows:

Is there a genetic reason for my emotional and physical attraction to men? Is it based on brain chemistry? Is my brain hardwired this way?

Not sure how enlightening the article will be when the author makes it sound as though these three things are all the same.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

I seem to recall that same sex relationships happen in a variety of species (I'm too lazy to do the research right now) . Then again, there are also species that don't have sex at all to procreate.

Hmmm... I wonder if one morning some male giraffe woke up and said "HEY, I'm kinda tired of screwing female giraffe's, I think I'll try that hunka hunka burnin love for a guy giraffe instead..."
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I seem to recall that same sex relationships happen in a variety of species (I'm too lazy to do the research right now) . Then again, there are also species that don't have sex at all to procreate.

Hmmm... I wonder if one morning some male giraffe woke up and said "HEY, I'm kinda tired of screwing female giraffe's, I think I'll try that hunka hunka burnin love for a guy giraffe instead..."

Yup.

Well, I'm not sure how authoritative it is, but some of the stuff in there did sound pretty familiar from what I read in my class. That was about 5 years ago, so I have no idea of who that source was...but yeah, it would've been more valid. And, I'm kinda working today, so that was one of the first things to get returned on my search.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Well, I'm not sure how authoritative it is, but some of the stuff in there did sound pretty familiar from what I read in my class. That was about 5 years ago, so I have no idea of who that source was...but yeah, it would've been more valid. And, I'm kinda working today, so that was one of the first things to get returned on my search.

Yea. I'm just trying to make a distinction between genetics and "biological growth development" because they aren't the same thing.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

For being straight I have alot to say on this matter don't I.

Anyway, how about this theory, homosexuals were "created" to control the population. Imagine, a world full of straight procreating people. IMO we would have a serious population problem.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

For being straight I have alot to say on this matter don't I.

Anyway, how about this theory, homosexuals were "created" to control the population. Imagine, a world full of straight procreating people. IMO we would have a serious population problem.

Judy

That theory is flawed, how? just look at the ratio of homosexuals against STRAIGHT people worldwide, their numbers are very small.

Yea. I'm just trying to make a distinction between genetics and "biological growth development" because they aren't the same thing.

Yes, I know. I haven't heard of any specific gene or anything like that, however with studies from identical twins, certain biological features, it just shows that there is a decent chance for the clone to be homosexual.

thats why God has created ugly people :D
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

>does that mean the baby will also be a lesbian?

If the child were brought up in _exactly_ the same environment as the parent, then the odds would be for the offspring to be gay as well. That's not a profound thing to say, as any genetically identical organism raised in an identical environment will be very similar to the original.

Note that it is _not_ a slam dunk that, since the child will be raised by lesbians (if you believe the claim at all that is) that she will be more likely to be gay. A woman I once knew who was a professional dominatrix had a son; when he reached 14-15 years old he started to rebel - which in his case meant wearing 3-piece suits. It drove her nuts. Cause and effect isn't always clear when it comes to raising children.

I think everyone is trying to simplify a very complex issue. Every human has a different genetic makeup, has different life experiences, different emotions, thoughts, outside influences, etc.

There are an infinite number of factors involved here. So in answer to your question, I have absolutely no clue and anyone who says they do, really are just guessing.

"I believe you are born either straight or gay. Bi-sexuals piss me off. They need to pick a side."

Ah, yeah, and I'm not too fond of people who are "pissed off" because of who I'm attracted to.

Be intolerant much?

Gale
I'm drowning...so come inside
Welcome to my...dirty mind

I think it is how one is brought up. Personally, I believe that if you are brought up in a hair salon by your mother, you may lean the other way if you're a boy. However, if you are brought up on a large farm by your parents, you will be a little more "adjusted".

Dunno. Just my thought.
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I believe if you had to nail it down to one thing it would be life experiences. The people you are around, things that happen to you ect. Experiences have a huge impact on who you are. Example, since I've started jumping I only have 1 wuffo friend left.

I believe if you had to nail it down to one thing it would be life experiences. The people you are around, things that happen to you ect. Experiences have a huge impact on who you are. Example, since I've started jumping I only have 1 wuffo friend left.

Hmm...but then you go back to that whole biology thing where they've noticed that "thrillseekers" are wired differently.

That's weird, too. Most of my friends that I'm really close with are whuffoes. Oh...but you jump in the winter, don't ya?

typical male response.

In another thread, my mahood is being questioned because of my large car and firearms ownership, so I feel the need to act extra macho in this one.

Brent

Edited to add quote, since this was not right below Judy's post

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

Hmm...but then you go back to that whole biology thing where they've noticed that "thrillseekers" are wired differently.

That's weird, too. Most of my friends that I'm really close with are whuffoes. Oh...but you jump in the winter, don't ya?

don't know what you mean exactly by wired different, but it could be that (I know I'm stretching here) that it's the thrill seeking that causes the wiring. An example would be Alzheimer's disease. They noticed that people with this disease have higher levels of aluminum in their brain. They are not sure which causes which.

I personally believe that it is a choice, not a genetic predestination, but that's just my belief, not backed by any sort of medical research.

Why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay? They way people degrade, beat up and kill homosexuals why would anyone choose this lifestyle?

Judy

Alert -- Thread Hijack! Pink Pistols
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."