wmw999

Woohoo! Going to London!

My son called me earlier today to tell me that British Airways is having a sale; roughly $300 round trip tickets (after taxes) from any US city. So my sister-in-law, my son, and I are going for Thanksgiving week. I'm going to stay for an extra week after they go back to class. Ha! Suckers!!!

If anyone else wants to go to the website, the tickets have to be bought by midnight tommorrow.

Folks, I think my possible Perris Memorial Day boogie trip has just morphed.

Is there still jumping in England in November??? As you can tell, I'm pumped.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Good on ya, Wendy! You'll have a ball. I'm sure HH can give you a tip or two, as well as the other Londoners on this site can help.

Have a fantastic time. Wish I could swing it, but not quite yet...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Geez, talk about planning ahead! :P That's gonna rock! I'm jealous...

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

"Is there still jumping in England in November??? "

Yes. There are 4 or 5 DZs around London, if you know where you are going to be, let me know and I'll sort you out with directions, contact numbers etc.
Or visit http://www.bpa.org.uk/dropzone/dzone.htm
and click on some buttons.

But I am very surprised a US citizen is visiting such a hotbed of anti-American sentiment.;););):P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

You guys don't understand -- I'll be asking more questions as it gets nearer. I went in the late 70's and camped out near Crystal Palace; this time my shelter needs will include an actual bed and roof, and entertainment needs will include stuff that a 20-year-old college student traveling with his mother and his aunt:S will enjoy...

Wendy

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You guys don't understand -- I'll be asking more questions as it gets nearer. I went in the late 70's and camped out near Crystal Palace; this time my shelter needs will include an actual bed and roof, and entertainment needs will include stuff that a 20-year-old college student traveling with his mother and his aunt:S will enjoy...

Wendy

Just a thought. Maybe you could divide the entertainment into "male 20-year old college student" and "mother and aunt". I'm guessing that he would find that arrangement ok for just one evening. Nothing against going out with the parents... but maybe he wants one good story to tell his buds back home. :)

Maybe you could divide the entertainment into "male 20-year old college student" and "mother and aunt".

Actually, I'm sort of hoping there will be some of that. I was hoping he could find a friend in a hurry to come with, or even travel on his own schedule. But this is how it ended up.

I think there are enough friendly young skydivers in London to help out here eventually... He's a good guy.

Wendy W.

Och, aye cannae believe you'd rather spend your time in that smokey cramped place, when there's a whole chunk of Scotland available for you....:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Wendy,

I did the London thing. I really enjoyed London. Great for people watching. The tube is extremely convenient for getting around. Definitely watch before you cross the street. I can't tell you how many times I almost got hit by a car because I looked the wrong way. Double decker buses tend to give you about 10 seconds to board, so don't be offended if a door slams in your face. All the typical tourist attractions are very interesting. Westminster Abbey is a big burial ground, but fascinating. I was surprised how narrow the main hall was. Buckingham Palace could use some grass and landscaping out front. St. James Park across the street is beautiful. Hyde Park is also very nice. The Tower of London is cool and the River Thames is pretty. Take a ride on the big scenic ferris wheel (I forget the name for it). The pubs are great. Oh, and don't forget to try some blood pudding.:P

Also, Picadilly Circus does not have a big top.;)

Have fun.

Chris

Ferris wheel...! LOL ! its called the london eye. Very cool. Fun for everyone. only about £7.50 a ticket too. nice and cheap.

A top place to vist restraunt wise, if you like the kind cool jazz type place, is Cafe Bohem in Soho. Love the place to bits :)
PM me when your on your way if theres anything i can do to help :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Sunny!!! My son is coming along! I will not allow him to become corrupted by nig-noggery.

As if he won't figure out how to do that on his own:S:S:S. I just don't have to see it, right????

BTW, if anyone else decides to go to London on the same deal at or after Thanksgiving, no reason we can't all get together at least once.

Wendy W.

lolie, wanna go to london?

Hee hee... I think I found myself an official stalker... B|:P

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.