beau31duke

Some Military Pictures

that first one is freaking unreal!!!! i am having a hard time seeing how that was done.

I love the shot of the battle ship with a full broad side with the shock waves in the water! I wonder if was a large amount of stunned fish floating around after that.....
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Awesome images !!

"Does anyone know why we are still using the U-2's and not the SR-71's for recon flights?"
----------------------------------------------

SR-71 use isn't usually made public. The entire reason for it's existance is secrecy.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

I love the shot of the battle ship with a full broad side with the shock waves in the water! I wonder if was a large amount of stunned fish floating around after that.....

Not sure if it's true or not, but some sailor told me once that a full broadside like that would push a battleship 26 feet laterally. That's a whole lot of water to move a ship through sideways!

CZ

The SR-71s are actually pretty old, and now retired. I only have two "guesses" as to why they aren't flying em anymore ... costs too much, and they have a new spy plane which hasn't been released to the public yet. The U2, by the way, isn't the same old U2, the newer ones nowadays have been upgraded and do their jobs just fine.

I love that Blackbird ... I've got some awesome stories of things they used that plane for ... It's the only plane in our history that has seen combat, but we haven't had a single one get shot down. Every other plane (including all the stealths) has been shot down at least once. I'm anxious to see the new replacement (Aurora? spelling?).:S

By the way, awesome pics! I loved em, thanks!B|

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

I saw the SR-71 at Lackland AFB up close (they have an outdoor USAF aircraft museum). It's a really beautiful airplane.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Those are outstanding pics. How did your uncle get them? The shuttle one looks lik he was right there, and the battle ship ones seem to almost be hovering right above. My fav hs to be the ships on our way....I'm afraid we wil be seeing lots more of this in the future.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Auroras were tested at Edwards Air Force Base for a while, but then retired.
Chances are they are using some form of un-manned recon drone, but do not want Osama to know about it, so they delay telling the American public until after they have launched the next generation of recon drone.
Kind of like they only announced the Bird of Prey after they had completed all testing.
The public is always a generation or two behind.

I don't have the specifics on the B1, but yes, Russians shot down a B-2 once ... They knew one was in the area and just launched a whole barrage of crap in the sky, which took one out along with 2 or 3 of their own planes as well.
The reason the Blackbird hasn't been shot down is because it flies faster than the damn missles themselves ... it was just not possible to catchB|

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

something stinks....:S

that would be a f117 that was shot down...
that article has some interesting statements:

"There are approximately 52, now, of these planes operational around the world."

i believe USAF had around 20 or 21 B2´s in use...