SpeedRacer

"LOSE" is spelled with one "O"

but read a f&*king dictionary once in a while

while you're driving & pay attention to the f&*king road.

On behalf of Erno : there is no '&*' in the word 'fucking'. If you don't want to use the word 'fucking' then use another fucking word.

Using %&*%^$ instead of the real word is fotally tucked... :P

I'm with you there. But people do sometimes make spelling mistakes by accident. I never use a spell checker, and sometimes it shows (not that it would pick the error in your example up anyway)

So, there are very few under 30's these days who can spell. I tend to take anything written with spelling mistakes with a grain of salt - but maybe that is a predjudice I need to get rid of.

And don't yak on your cell phones during movies or plays. The other people you see out in the world are REAL.

In fact, don't yak on your cellphone anywhere close to other people. Walk a few paces away before answering the damn thing or making a call.

--
ZZZzzzz....

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

I agree, Wendy- Speedy is my new hero, too.

While we're at it: apostrophes are used to indicate possession or a contraction, NOT plurality.

1. That must be Bob's rig. :)2. That's what I'm talkin' about! :)3. Do you have two nickel's? >:(

I LOVE this thread!! (Checking my spelling...)

edited: oops- forgot to check my comma rules :$

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Remember: quotes are to warn that something important or cute is coming up, and an apostrophe warns you about the "s." It's an important grammar rule, taught by grammars the world 'round.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

After 35 years as an adult, and two years as president, Bush still pronounces the word "nuclear" as "nucular". He did it again a couple nights ago in the "get the hell outta dodge" speech.

Right, because no one would make the mistake of calling it (phonetically) new-clear. As in clear that is new. Cuz dats how itz spelt.

Naw, I reckon he's actually saying "Nuke You Liar" as in....
"We're gonna nuke you, liar!";)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

>Remember: quotes are to warn that something important or cute is coming up . . .

I always thought this was one of the funnier odd grammar habits, because it ends up meaning the opposite of what you intended. If you say:

I'm "serious" about this!

It means you're not neccessarily serious about it - you're referring to someone else's use of the word serious.

Yeah, I don't get that use of quotes, either. It indicates irony, like you're adding (not really) to the end of what you just said.

A friend of mine always writes, "Hope you have a "GREAT" day!"

Uh, ok, I guess...

Ellipses, on the other hand, I love to use...

Hey, could someone take nykim06 under his/her wing? ;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Hint their is no such word as "*"

* any word you like

Says who? Since you used it, it exist.:)
We own our own language and can make up any words we want. If a spelling, a new word, or a new meaning to a word is going to be established depends only on the people who use it. It´s like a competition- new words challenge old words, some survive, some die. I think that´s very interesting.

I think it´s wrong to say that people have to pronounce things in a special way. The spoken language is much more complex than the written language and also, it helps to develop the language and get better.

To write loose, when I mean lose is another thing though. It´s a mistake that can make it difficult for people to understand me... That is good to get feedback about

I assume you don't appreciate my "fixin' to" complete a task, or the fact that I type "ain't" sometimes, but you'll get over it. I'm from the South and don't care.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I assume you don't appreciate my "fixin' to" complete a task, or the fact that I type "ain't" sometimes

Well, actually, both of those words are apostrophized correctly :).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"Says who? Since you used it, it exist."

I'm not going to get into existential lexicography of the 21st century with you Emma.
I was joking.;)
Some day I'll hopefully be able to introduce you to the delights of Gaelic, a langauge still spoken in parts of my country which is over 3,000 years old.
cya
D

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Thank you Wendy. I think most of us KNOW how to use our native languages effectively, but the typical Southerner is capable of writing exactly like we talk.

Cheat chet?
Naw, yaont to?
Squeet.;)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

whaddaz it matter how i spell or if i even use punkteation i can just rambel on for ever and u'd get the gist of it right

I despise the english language. Its the only language where you can spell a word 2 different ways and each version meaning 10 different things. And whats up with some of the spellings? I type like I live, fast and messy. and im (I'm/I am) ok with that. Now if im typing something for work, or it needs to be professional looking I will put forth the effort to make it gramatically correct, but here? Nope.

We dont walk around with are friends and speak proper grammer in a relaxed setting do we? So why should I type to my friends here that way?

>

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

an apostrophe warns you about the "s."

But what about, "The skydivers' rigs were out on the packing mat"? ;)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.