jumperconway

Spiderman Plummits to Death in Houston

If he was planning to jump anyway....Why not just take the elevator to the roof?

Because to do that you have to get into the building, which this guy did not... He started his climb from the ground... surprise, the media got it wrong.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I personally would have been much more impressed by someone climbing half way up (wearing a top secret base rig)...starting negotiations with the cops....then jumping off and landing his canopy on the street.

then he could go to jail flipping off the reporters and probably would get his political message (whatever it was heard at least somewhere) B| I think he might actually become some sort of hero (in some circles) if he did that:D

instead it was just a sad drama......

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

>I personally would have been much more impressed by someone
> climbing half way up (wearing a top secret base rig)...starting
> negotiations with the cops....then jumping off and landing his
> canopy on the street.

>I think he might actually become some sort of hero (in some circles) . .

And some of us would think he was an idiot who is making the case once again that BASE jumpers are criminals.

:Pthat is true also, but if he were to do something like that in order to cause a spectacle, he would probably not care about the tiny community of base jumpers. Of course an actual base jumper would have done it at night after much planning so as not to get noticied (unless he is like John Vincent climbing the St Louis Arch at dawn and getting a warrant and news coverage)

Disclaimer: Old school Base jumpers (I have many friends who are new school and regret this) caused their own bad rep at El capitan and other locations through dis regard of their surroundings and reputation of base jumpers as a whole.:|
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

I am really starting to think that his hands got tired. The accounts of it said that he was "waving" his hands. I tend to let go with one hand and "shake" the other when they get very tired. He may have just bitten off more than he could chew and couldn't get back to safety.

SO WHAT DO YOU hold on with?:S
My photos

My Videos

I live here in Houston also. I have to agree with Ramon the news coverage was suckass at best.

I am really starting to think that his hands got tired. The accounts of it said that he was "waving" his hands. I tend to let go with one hand and "shake" the other when they get very tired. He may have just bitten off more than he could chew and couldn't get back to safety.

I also have to agree with you happy. I don't think this guy was on a mission to kill himself. I think that's the easiest explanation for the sake of police paperwork, building managment (lawsuites filed by family members) and general public. So they say he jumped. It's easier to take that way. I really think he thought he could climb to the top an got tired. Made a mistake an died because of it. No political note, no other agenda other then to climb the tower.

This was my .02$ take it or leave it..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

i don't even want to comment on crazythomas' comments to this thread because it would be pointless and i would be bordering on a personal atteck which as we all know is a violation of the forum rules. with that said, in regards to this dumbass who bailed off this building he is just that a DUMBASS! in my opinion it is just one less idiot that society has to contend with. he and only he put himself in that situation and he suffered the ultimate consequence. nuff said, peace!

It is better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!

SO WHAT DO YOU hold on with?:S

My enormous penis. Loop the knot around a fixed object. :o

"His commitment to something was demonstrated by self-immolation, and at least two people see that...Happythoughts and I. "

Boy, I will Al Queda would protest the US like that.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

"OK, here's where I draw the line. "

Would it be a... straight line? Well, it better be or you're goin' to hayull. ;)

A dotted line would be "undecided". Not a blank line or a solid line. A "grey" area. Better be clear on this. :o

What good is a line? After all, some things are funny to some people, and other things get locked or removed. Fuck everybody that doesn't find it funny, right? Majority thinks it is funny. as long as HH leaves it up, it must be OK.
booo...hoooo Oh, I crossed the line.
fuck you and the horse you rode in on!
Want to hear some sexist jokes? how about any other offensive joke? as long as it isn't about a jew, or a failed bonfire, it might be OK.

signed,
Anonymous Coward

"OK, here's where I draw the line. "

Would it be a... straight line? Well, it better be or you're goin' to hayull. ;)

A dotted line would be "undecided". Not a blank line or a solid line. A "grey" area. Better be clear on this. :o

What good is a line? ...

booo...hoooo Oh, I crossed the line.
fuck you and the horse you rode in on!

Actually, I was responding to YOUR post. You are the one who said "OK, here's where I draw the line. " in this post . Perhaps my quoting at the top wasn't clear enough.

Now, I'm not sure if you are in favor of drawing a line or not in favor. However, if you take both positions, you can always find someone to argue with.

Since I responded to that back in December, I hope I'm not typing too fast. ;)

both positions? you mean like black and white? or gay and straight? or mean and nice?
you are responding too fast. It takes my small brain damn near a month and a half to think about things.
I know you were responding to my post. I just found it humorous that in december, people could laugh about someone falling off a building, but all of a sudden the holocaust and the Aggie bonfire can no longer be joked about.
I thought it was a good idea to have double standards. you mean I might be wrong again? shit, I guess it's too many drugs.

Thomas

I thought it was a good idea to have double standards. you mean I might be wrong again?

Spoken like a single guy. Geez... a married guy would understand that you can agree with two sides of any issue and still be wrong. :ph34r: The first two rules - you are wrong and you have to make your own sandwich.

I still wish I could have seen this on video. Sick as it may be...it might be funnier than GW2 coverage.
and here a bomb stirkes...and here another bomb...
oh...look...here is dead people..
Man, only if REALITY TV had no limits, it might be called FACES OF DEATH. A good rent to see reality....if anyone is interested.

Later,
Thomas