bbarnhouse

Weekend Numbers

0: 0: 0

Had a "30 minute" call for a King Air load. Winds were ok at the time. 2 1/2 hours later the King Air shows up. Had to scratch off the load as my comfort level with the winds was not there - especially after having seen some of the landings.

Had a nice time at dinner with ZeroG, John L., and Dumpster.

By the way Dumpster....nice jumpsuit! ;)

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

?:4:1

Not a perfect weekend on the beach!

? - not tellin'!

4 - did some good dives on Saturday. Busted a vid for tandem (see beer owed.) 4 way 8 pts. Great jump with some really experienced jumpers. I love jumping with the "Old timers" and turning massive amounts of points from 9500 ft. Did some great sidebody piece turning on this one. Another vid for practice and trying to redeem myself for vid. Hop N Pop from 6000 due to ceiling coming down.

1 - One case owed for busting a vid. Usually I'm very careful about my procedures for shooting vids. I skipped a step (or just plain old messed up) and busted a guys vid. Everybody (other camera guys) said it happens, but damn, I feel bad. I was able to salvage some stuff, but not enough to make me feel any better.

No beach jumps this weekend due to winds being a little high on the beach and direction not quite perfect (blowing inland on Saturday, and blowing out to sea on Sunday.)

All in all, not a bad weekend. Not perfect, but it's spring time in NC so it was to be expected.

I interrupt the weekend numbers to say....

Val, you looked beautiful at your friend's wedding! :)

Thanks, Andrea! I would love to wear that dress again! Actually, I would love to wear any of my dresses again! Unfortunately, I'm not classy enough to actually have a reason to wear them again!:D

Other things from this past weekend:
Mr. Bubble is my new boy toy
Happy 100th Pammi and Merrick!
The bride couldn't help laughing whenever the minister suggested that she "respected" Kevin...hmm...
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I would love to wear that dress again! Actually, I would love to wear any of my dresses again! Unfortunately, I'm not classy enough to actually have a reason to wear them again!

I some how don't think this is true (you being not classy). ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

:)
6 jumps Saturday at Byron, one tandem and one AFF level 1 video, 2 9-ways, 2 freefly jumps.

4 jumps Sunday with Chopchop, thanks for the head-down pointers. Met NoshitthereIwas, Tom and some other DZ.commers

Load one, out of the Cessna, first jump at Monterey, very short spot. Landed off. Nothing like finding the out landing area your first time at a new DZ! :ph34r:

Chop, I hope you post that hybrid fruit-loop I pulled on Anvil and Matt(?). Very nice Otter, beautiful views, fairly epic zoo funnels. Good time.

Hollister's next. I think that'll be a bumper-suit day.

Ok, let's see how complex this looks

(3/2/1):6:1 (+3)

Humps
3: The number of jumps left before I go triple digit... I was almost positive it would happen this weekend. Oh well, it's something to look forward to B|.

2: Jumps on a demo canopy (SA2-170), sweet ride, though the 150 is calling me now :)
1: "almost" cutaway B|. Stuck in a back to earth spin, with plenty of altitude. With one good kick the single line twist was cleared... but the canopy is still spinning on me (wtf???). I kill the spin with a great deal of rear riser input, leaving me in a nice level flight {whew}. I release riser.... and...... SPINNNNNNN {holy $hit I can't land this}... grab red, grab silver.... think to self "it isn't sunset load... if you chop you are out for the day".... one more attempt... pop breaks.... level flight.... {WHEWWWW} :SB|

Jumps
Six great jumps between Friday and Saturday. Five of which were great two or three way freefly jumps, all of which completed many more docks that I expected (whoooo hoooooooo). One hop and pop from the Cessna... which leads to...

Cases
1 case owed (and bought) for my first Cessna ride/jump.

Bonus
+3: Prizes collected :)

5:0:1

5 painted clay pots for housewarming presents that will go with my spider babies ;)

No jumps and 38 hours of waiting because I wasn't home when the mailman came by with my belated bday present to myself. But I have her now and I think I'll be wearing it all day. My boss already thinks I'm crazy, waering a jumpsuit at work will not be out of the ordinary for me ;)

BTW [B]THANK YOU KAREN!! YOU RAWK!!!![/B]
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

1 (seriously kick ass swoop where it was damned near perfect, going very far very fast):7:0

All in all a very nice weekend, even if it did storm for most of the day Sunday. Now, if only I could nail kick ass swoops like that *every* time, then I'd be one happy puppy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I some how don't think this is true (you being not classy). ;)

Well, thanks for the compliment, but I'm no stranger to classless things such as doing keg stands, inhaling quarter pounders, laughing obnoxiously, and going to Walmart at midnight in green pajama pants, brown shoes, and a blue sweater! I think the class and tact genes skipped me!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

going to Walmart at midnight in green pajama pants, brown shoes, and a blue sweater! I think the class and tact genes skipped me!

LOL ... I stand corrected. How could a classy person do such a thing. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But I have her now and I think I'll be wearing it all day. My boss already thinks I'm crazy, waering a jumpsuit at work will not be out of the ordinary for me ;)

freefly Lummy at his desk - now that woudl be a sight. uh... Lummy... uh pics... lessee the jumpsuit... B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

0:0:0 :(

Feeling like shit the last couple of weeks, muscles hurt, weakness, lost my appetite. Being checked at the VA this Wednesday. For years, I have been surviving off of 3 to 6 hours of sleep a night with the inability to sleep more. Now, I'm sleeping from 7 to 8 hours a night and 4 hours during the day........I could never sleep during the day before.

LMAO at Deuce, Uhmmm... you're NOWHERE NEAR Oaktown...

I have a volunteer for tomorrow nite. That way, you can get me in my full getup as I save innocent souls in distress from certain disaster by teaching them the proper way to unfold the moving boxes....

SPOOON!!!!!
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

...and going to Walmart at midnight in green pajama pants, brown shoes, and a blue sweater!....

You forgot eating lunch at a Sports Bar in pink pajama bottoms and a fleece! But at least your hair looked nice! :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

LMAO at Deuce, Uhmmm... you're NOWHERE NEAR Oaktown...

i'm in Oakland... and my camera is in my car... where do you work? tell me where you work... I need to know where you work... i must have this picture.... now, where do you work?:S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures