rgoper

The Peterson Saga, Murder?

The Story Here this promises to be an intriguing story as it unfolds. god have mercy on this poor SOB's soul if he did actually kill his pregnant wife. the most intriguing question in my mind, is why did police wait until bodies were discovered to make the arrest? i'm aware of "corpus stelecti" but the DNA results weren't final at the time of his arrest. what are your thoughts? did he do it? does he know anything about it? or is it some "strange coincidental chain of events?" i know i went fishing christmas eve to, so...hey...
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

May the two souls rest in peace.

This whole story reminds me of the Nicole Brown-Simpson murders... What motive/whacked out person would kill such a beautiful person, and two innocent souls! May the true killer, whether it be Scott/or someone else, be found and prosecuted to the fullest!

Prayers go out to the family. g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

I too tend to believe he did it. But you never know, stranger cases have been tried where some completely different course of events is uncovered. I too thought it was odd that they arrested him just BEFORE the DNA evidence was back. Was it because they thought he was a flight risk? If so, then he would have bolted right after the discovery of the bodies, at least that's what I think. I tell ya man, what a horrible story. Just horrible.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Let me see...mmmm....mmm...he changed his appeareance, used his brother's ID, had a ton of cash on him, HE'S NOT GUILTY!!!!, he was only going to the mall to buy lots of stuff for his brother.

Why he changed his looks?. oh..yeah, he took a dip in his friend's pool and the chlorine 'bleached' his hair, therefore NOT GUILTY!!!!, that happens all the time.

C'mon...gimme a break. >:(

I think he should have a fair trial then the lethal injection.

One of our local family killers (Chris Longo), murdered his wife and 3 children, was sentenced to death last week. That asshole even went so far as to blame the wife he murdered with killing 2 of the kids

Anyway, it is expected that he will be on death row for 15-25 years before the sentence is carried out:(:(:(

For those of you who watch South Park religiously...

It was some Puerto Rican guy

He did it, OJ did it, Jonbenet (spelling issues today) parents did it or at least know who did, and Butter's Mom did it.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

He's Guilty.... the sick bastard.......

and after the jury finds him Guilty........ they should wrap a chain and anchor around him, throw his ass overboard and let him drown a slow death.........
I'd be happy to push.

Just my same 2 cents

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

the most intriguing question in my mind, is why did police wait until bodies were discovered to make the arrest? i'm aware of "corpus stelecti" but the DNA results weren't final at the time of his arrest.

I'm assuming you meant "corpus delicti"? That's exactly why they waited to make the arrest. The DNA was not really necessary for that. Dead recently pregnant woman plus dead 8 month term baby with umbilical cord attached found where he claimed to be when she dissapeared...hmmm, DNA not necessary to be sure about that one. Plus they figured he would jam as soon as the bodies were found.

Let me see...mmmm....mmm...he changed his appeareance, used his brother's ID, had a ton of cash on him, HE'S NOT GUILTY!!!!, he was only going to the mall to buy lots of stuff for his brother.

Why he changed his looks?. oh..yeah, he took a dip in his friend's pool and the chlorine 'bleached' his hair, therefore NOT GUILTY!!!!, that happens all the time.

C'mon...gimme a break. >:(

Actually, he was going undercover to catch the real killers ;)

There is a high statistical probability when a person is murdered that it is by someone who knew the victim and even greater that it was done by a spouse, ex-lover or significant other. Who would have any motive to kill this woman and her unborn son? I can't remember the actual percentage from my criminal justice class but it significantly HIGH when a spouse is murdered by their significant other. Besides, how many husbands go fishing by themselves on Christmas Eve when their wife at 7.5 months pregnant is home alone? Then to find out he was having an affair, took out a life insurance policy on her, sold their car, etc. When the bodies were found in the water there was no doubt in my mind it was Laci Peterson and her baby. However, I would have been willing to wager money that he was guilty from the time I heard the story of her disappearance and his supposed "alibi".
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Well I double-checked the statistic for those who are interested. According to my Homicide Investigations professor (30 years on the job) if you are married and then murdered, there is a 75% chance you were knocked off by your spouse. Oh boy, something to contemplate the next time we choose a marriage partner. :S

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

There is a high statistical probability when a person is murdered that it is by someone who knew the victim and even greater that it was done by a spouse, ex-lover or significant other. Who would have any motive to kill this woman and her unborn son? I can't remember the actual percentage from my criminal justice class but it significantly HIGH when a spouse is murdered by their significant other. Besides, how many husbands go fishing by themselves on Christmas Eve when their wife at 7.5 months pregnant is home alone? Then to find out he was having an affair, took out a life insurance policy on her, sold their car, etc. When the bodies were found in the water there was no doubt in my mind it was Laci Peterson and her baby. However, I would have been willing to wager money that he was guilty from the time I heard the story of her disappearance and his supposed "alibi".

Haven't people heard of breaking up? This guy is either the stupidest murderer in recent memory or just extremely unlucky. I'm going with stupid

Josh

Nah!!!, call 'Old Sparky', the injection is for pussies.

NONONO!!!.........you kill him nice and easy then take his organs and give them to people that need them. That way you can say that killing him is saving lives:D. I don't know why death penalty advocates never came up with this one

I recall the news saying that the police believe she was murdered in their house and then taken to the bay.

WE'll find out all the details next year when he goes to trial
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

well richard.... They arrested him before the body was Id'ed like you said. That leads me to believe they have other evidence. But let me ask you this...

Why did he drive 3 hours to go fishing for just 1?

I think we know why.... ocean/fishing/bodydumping... Guilty!!!!
He didn't call in his wife missing, her fam did. When the police came to talk about where she was, he said "Get a warrent" This is all allowed true, but someone concerned about their missing wife should be willing to talk with the police...