AggieDave

I'm done.

I'm going to go ahead and quit this site for a couple weeks. The vibes here have SUCKED for the past while and frankly I'm tired of it. The site has a way of renewing its self, so I'm hoping that it will do that, since I used to really enjoy it here. Basically, I'm tired of getting flamed for trying to help people.

No I don't have all the answers, hell I don't even have a small portion of them and don't claim to, but I'll atleast try to help you with what I do know or try to find you the answer. That is apparently not accepted anymore, so a learning environment, for me atleast, has been lost.

Thus, take care, I'm off on a DZ.com vacation, enjoy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

dave, fuk that. this is home and you know it. be your post whore self. the vibes do and do not suk.
I'm lookin every day to see Holly at the top of the list everywhere and 'm not. that suks. i've never conected with anyone like the way i connected with her. I miss my 3 hour conversations with her. You r a staple here, post you up on this board so i know theres still peeps out there.
dude. i am alone now, and there is no good reason for it. post babble, just post. I was a Holly stalker first class unlimited. just because mad people got hurt recently and the brightest of angels died dosn't mean you have to give up mighty mouse status. save the fukin day or something. it's in need of it. your sense of humor is a welcome part of my life. beers on me when we meet....
Yours in misery,
Kyle fkin B

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Dude, Aggie, Galoot, a wise man once told me when you post advice or try to help you gotta have a thick skin. No matter how right you really are (not how right you think you are) they will still attack you. Yah just gotta be ready for it.

I'm going through it right now with my airline. We just had to negotiate a concessionary contract in order to save our jobs. But many pilots are refusing to face reality and have said they will vote no. Despite the best work of our elected officials in the union they don't want to believe. And they are attacking me and many other good people. We just have to go forward. That's all we can do.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I'm voting NO to strike due it hurting us (CWA) for the simple fact that we need to survive in order to still exhist.
Dave taking a break from some people that think their academia to be so profound (yet their common sense to be void) is needed to continue on later.
That's why I left for awhile.[:/]
It's an act of kindness to respond with a "layover".:)

Dave-
DON"T GOOOOOO!!!!
You're like the friendly bartender here, ya keep 'em comin' back cause they know what they're in for!;)

...On a serious note, I read your post last night and wondered if something else wasn't going on because that didn't sound like you...
For the hell of it, take a few minutes and go through ALL of your 'user posts' ...I did last night, and I gotta tell bud you have way too much to offer here to be shutting down because of the last few days...
It's input like yours that go into making this site work.
Do what ya gotta do...but don't give others 'power'
by backing off.
You're a thick skinned Texan...."JOKE 'EM if they can't take a..."B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi, Dave.

So, you took a little heat for sharing your opinion. Good deal. That means several things....

1. Tons of folk have read that particular thread. Which means tons of people have learned a bit more about the complexities of this sport. Sometimes, it helps to remember that there is value from stating the opinion, even if it is never acknowledged...can you imagine how many people yanked out their gear and took a look, just to see? I'll be willing to bet that there were quite a few. Some of those folks you will not ever hear from, but you were able to teach them a thing or two nonetheless....you aren't always just talking to the person you're responding to...

2. Sometimes people aren't asking for help - or, if they are, they're asking for it only the way they want it. I've been guilty of this in the past...it's like saying "I'm hungry", and then rejecting the Top Ramen noodles offered because I wanted steak. That's my problem, not the offeror's. Likewise here. You gave information, and it wasn't exactly the way the requester wanted. Who's issue is that? There was no personal attack, there was honest concern. Again, who's issue is that?

3. You addressed an issue which, it would seem, several others thought about, as well. It is a concern. This sport kills, and kills fast. There is very little room for error, and his post concerned a high performance canopy choice with very little education about that particular canopy (it would seem). I bought my Spectre at 30 jumps, and didn't know a ton about it...but it was at 30 jumps...you showed a concern for his well-being, training, and safety which he didn't appreciate. Now, who's issue is that? Certainly not yours.

3. The pm I sent you should've told you something....;)...

Look, Dave, we all need to take breaks in our world. Take yours, but know that your input is valued, appreciated, and useful, even though you may not realize it from the responses. There are many people who would be sad to see you leave (temporarily or for good...), and that far outweighs anyone's negative opinion....

Come back soon....you're already missed.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

"Come back soon....you're already missed. "

Ha, its okay Michelle, I shall taunt him till he returns....

Texas? Whats so good about Texas?
Wings? They suck, get a real container.
Shiner tastes like Avgas.
Guns are for guys who can't fight, and glocks are for girls who can't get a man to fight for them.
Trucks are for nancy boys who can't afford a real vehicle, and who have to compensate for something.
Purple and pink gear is sexy.
What the hell does an Aggie know about Russian history anyways.
France has a great and noble military history.
Country music sounds like a cat pissing on an electric fence.
Any fool could have landed there, what was all the fuss about?
Packers aren't worth the money.
That hat doesn't suit you, neither did the beard.
Aggressive downsizing is good for the sport.
RSLs rock.

So whatcha got to say 'bout all that then big fella? Huh? Huh? You! Yes you, the big guy with the big hat and an even bigger heart, I'm talkin' to you!
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I'm going to go ahead and quit this site for a couple weeks. The vibes here have SUCKED for the past while and frankly I'm tired of it. The site has a way of renewing its self, so I'm hoping that it will do that, since I used to really enjoy it here. Basically, I'm tired of getting flamed for trying to help people.

No I don't have all the answers, hell I don't even have a small portion of them and don't claim to, but I'll atleast try to help you with what I do know or try to find you the answer. That is apparently not accepted anymore, so a learning environment, for me atleast, has been lost.

Thus, take care, I'm off on a DZ.com vacation, enjoy.

I used to post on this site regularly. I'm not sure what Dave is talking about. But, as you can tell from my post numbers lately. I've slipped into the background also. I've found the "vibe" on this site has drasticly changed alot. I can't put a finger on what it is. Not even going to try. It's just a comfotable place to me anymore.

Good luck Dave. Don't take off to long. Just sit in the background like me for awhile and read, instead of posting.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."