skybytch

mid life crisis!

I've kept a tent in the trunk of my car since I was 16. Never know when you gotta jam and need a place to stay

ROFL! The tent and sleeping bag have been riding in the back of my car for the past month. ;)

What's a tent? I just crawl into my jeep and pass out (more comfortable than peopel would think).

No really. Sure, I'm not all that old yet, but I do believe my mid life crisis has arrived.

The >:( on my left shoulder says "quit yer job, sell yer shit, move into your car and spend the rest of your days jumping, partying and backpacking." The :) on my right shoulder says "don't listen to her! You need to be a responsible, upstanding citizen! You can't afford to do that anyway!"

The >:( is currently ahead in the standings.

i hate this working bullshit and i feel the same as you! i know this guy named allen who lives on the green river at the put in point for river trips into canyonlands national park-mineral bottom-and all he does is hang out and count river-goers all day every day. another friend is a river guide in idaho....yea he works hard 3 months out of the year, but the other 9 months he hikes, snow ski, ice climbs or whatever...................how nice.:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Doesn't mean I have to give a shit though. :ph34r:

Umm, please give a shit. At least until the shiny new clear-case Neptune I pre-ordered from you today shows up.:P

Remember babe, margarita's on me at WFFC.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Think yourself lucky, I'm trying really hard to have a mid crisis life!
Ya gotta hang around at the day job at least long enough to raise the loot for your POPS membership.:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I hear voices like that all the time. I wonder if it means anything???

Seriously though, the 40's can be tough to get through. Been there. Done that.

As was mentioned earlier finding yourself a strapping young feller with a lot of cash, might be a good option. Or even an old fart with a lot of cash might work.

Sounds like you need a change, though. Working at the same job can get really old. When my sheep whoring buisness takes off, I may need an office manager. I could hire you part time. I was thinking of hiring Sebazz as my sales manager and Aggie Dave as my chief herder and sheep boxer upper....Anyone else looking for work? (I'll keep you in mind) Steve1

Been there, done that. Bought a Porsche, bought a bike, bought a 23 year-old g/f ;), started jumping. You're a strong woman....you'll get through it just fine.

I just realized that I'll be hearing this whiny shit again in about 15 years, when Jess turns 40..... [:/]

:)

Don

"We spend our lives working jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need."

"Its only after we've lost everything....that we're free to do anything."

"You just had a near-life experience!"

-Tyler Durden
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

My favorite mid-life crisis thing comes from the title scene of the movie "As Good As It Gets". Jack Nicholson goes over to a table with a couple of people whining about their life and say "What if this is as good as it gets?" Makes ya think. What do I really want? That is why my life is so cool today and used to suck. I asked myself those 2 questions and came up with great solutions.

I look back at my previous life and can't remember what I spent all that overtime on. I haven't got one of my awards on my walls, it's all skydiving pics and pics of my friends enjoying life.

I run into high school friends who talk about "the good ole days". Nothing good for them in the last 10 years. I tell them that these are the good days, the best days.

Damn! Me too!

I'm obliged to take the best care of my kids that I am able too, though, and I am.

You're gonna want to be there when they graduate from high school, cause I am chucking everything. See I got this plan. KatieBear is gonna make General, and she's gonna get my girls into Westpoint. I will then do tandems during the day, and open a nice little cocktail lounge at the Byron Airport to get drunk in at night.

My wife will have a fulltime job just looking at me and shaking her head.:P

I would NEVER let them go to West Point and be Ring Knockers!!! ;) Let them go to college and have a little fun first! ;)

Trust me, I know how ya'll feel! I could give this crap up in a heartbeat! My life changes at the drop of a dime and while it keeps things interesting it can get old! :)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

OK, you have to make bird colonel, and be in command of the ROTC detachment at UC San Diego. They can pack tandems for BillVon on the weekends.;)

My midlife crisis is represented by this big f*cking lizard. See, it just isn't around if I've been out playing at the DZ.

Hell, Katiebear, I'd hate to see what kind of hideous reptile I'd be creating if I was working night shift in an airconditioned metal container on a pile of sand!

Scary. That'd be one huge f*cking lizard.

And if this is my midlife crisis, I'm due to be dead at 79.5.