skybytch

mid life crisis!

I would NEVER let them go to West Point and be Ring Knockers!!! Let them go to college and have a little fun first!***

....but you sure can't beat the cost! If you really want to indulge in a mid life crisis, I say send the kids to West Point and save the money for jumps and gear! Why should they get 4 years of irresponsible partying on your dime when you can spend it on yourself?

Hmm, I like that idea. Too bad I'm 39 and have to wait 13 more years to pull it off. Oh, well maybe I can at least teach my son to pack for me in the meantime.

CDR
USMA '86 (knock, knock)

I'll quit joking around for a little to get serious on this one. A mid-life crisis is a very real thing for lot's of people. It might be around age 40 that it kicks in. Some people breeze through this period of time without much difficulty. For others it can be a time of great turmoil. It's a time when one looks back on his or her life and one tries to decide if they have succeeded or not. Most realize there may not be that many years left to make the most of. For some people it is a time in life when they reach the point where old coping skills no longer work and it is indeed crisis time. Someone mentioned that any time you are above ground it is good time. I like this perspective, but for some it takes time to work through a lot of shit, before arriving at that perspective. For many the mid-life years are like a pilot flying into a really bad storm, but if you can develop the right perspectives you can reach blue sky and smooth air again. Pretty deep huh!.....Steve1

I feared the "Mid-life" ever since I was in High school and saw the look on my Psych teachers face when he talked about youth/teen be a precious time in life and I feared "regrets in life" ever since.
I say fight it!
age is a number, not title of what you must be.
Figure out what you want to look back on and what you Don't want to look back on and then >hit that list
(it helps, although I get white knuckles 2X's a week thinking about it)
-Grant

The on my left shoulder says "quit yer job, sell yer shit, move into your car and spend the rest of your days jumping, partying and backpacking." The on my right shoulder says "don't listen to her! You need to be a responsible, upstanding citizen! You can't afford to do that anyway!"

Nothing is wrong with the citizen on your left shoulder either ;):P