wmw999

Pics from my dad's tandem

I've been taking thread title lessons from Viking...

Anyway, here are a few choice shots of my 85-year-old father's first tandem jump. Pretty cool, huh? My rig, by the way, is my well-aged Mirage.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Dad and Wendy.jpg

Dad in freefall.jpg

Dad leaving airplane.jpg

I love watching his expression change from exit to when you two are together. How cool that must be - to have your Dad in freefall with you. How very cool that must be.

Tell your father Congratulations! for me....

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Those pictures are so cool! How fun that must have been for both of you! So what did he have to say after his jump?

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Was your Dad supportive with your jumping before this? After the dust settled, was he still interested in your Skydiving? I'm thinking of getting my Girlfriend a tandem for her birthday.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

cool pics,i would like to have somthing like that..
I promised my dad a Tandem one day,and ofcours its gonna be on video(he will only jump if im the JM so he will wait until next year were i get my licens)B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

And I thought I left it late in life ! :o:o

Your dad's a seriously cool dude for doing it though. I was amazed at the plane exit pic. The Tandem Master looks more shocked and scared than your pop. It looks like he's thinking, "Yeah ? So ? What's the big deal ?" :D

Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Aw, very cool Wendy! B| I've gotten my mom to do a tandem, but my dad never will. He said he stood on the edge of death enough times in Viet Nam and doesn't need to do it again. When he introduces me now he says, "and this is my daughter, Andi, she has a death wish". :S

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Of course there's video. He has 3 grandchildren to entertain with it, too...

Dad enjoyed his jump, but wasn't at all sure he wants to make another right afterward. That may change with the amount of feedback he's getting, though. He carries the pictures with him, and they've gotten a lot of exercise in the last week!

The look of concern on the tandem master's face (thanks Scott) was because Dad seemed as though he was hesitating. It was really because he couldn't get his left hand on the harness, because it had slipped off his shoulder a little. That's why the right hand is in place, and the left one grabbing outward.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Awesome Wendy!!!

I wish I had had enough jumps to fly with my brother when I gave him his first tandem a few weeks ago... it looks like an incredibly cool experience!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?